WEN

Super Contributor

I received my gallon of TT but the manufactured date is 4/2016.  It's already a year old, how long will it be good?  I couldn't possibly use up a gallon before the next one comes in December.  Maybe I should return it and reorder and hope for a fresh batch?  Thanks for your help!

Trusted Contributor

I think it is perfectly fine.  The CC is good for at least two years from the date of opening.  Some Wenners have had CCs open for four+ years before going bad.  HTH 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor
Every time a question comes up about Wen's shelf life, the answer is 'at least 2 years AFTER opening the container'.

That's why I never open new formulas 'just to smell it' if I'm not ready to start using it. The clock starts when you open it. I have 613 and others that are WELL past 2 now, they're still fine but I'm working to use those up first.
Respected Contributor

Hi wingnut, yes, that's true, the date is two years without opening.  The other posters are right.  That's quite okay, the date.  It'll be fresh.  I had a bottle of Winter Cranberry Mint that I had in my stash for around four years unopened.  I opened it a few days ago and it was completely fresh.  I did have a bottle of Pomegranate that must have been around six years old and when I opened it, it did have a stale smell to it so that one I lost.  I didn't pitch it, I use it for hand washing! 

Don't be afraid, it'll be fine, really.  I had two separate gallons of Bamboo when that was first offered and I kept them for years before I even used them because my stash was large at that time and they were perfectly fine.  I even had some that were opened for a long time and went back to them and still they were okay.  Don't worry, your golden!

Esteemed Contributor

@wingnut @BExplorer may have been talking about me . I have been stocking Wen for years now and have never had a problem.  I have opened many a 32 oz to sniff and store.  Right now I am using an SHL that I purchased when the scent first came out (so two years or so).   I have an open gallon that is half full that I plan to be using soon.  No worries.

Super Contributor
Spoiler

Thank you all for your help.  I didn't want to have to enlist the help of Wen Dooters because we all know he has  more important things to investigate!!!!!  I hope he finds an ODO that somehow involves "Light" EDP!  See you all in June!

Honored Contributor

Re: TEA TREE GALLON

[ Edited ]

@77yangya...YES! WEN makes the BEST hand soap. I keep 16 oz. bottles at all my sinks. Not only are my hands clean when I wash them with WEN, but they are so soft, I don't have to slather on the lotion afterwards.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Isn't that amazing!  It's great that after you wash your hands with Wen, you're right, you don't need any lotion afterwards!  Wow!  I had a feeling people were keeping the 16oz. at their sinks!!  GREAT IDEA!!!

Esteemed Contributor

WEN makes an excellent hand wash. I appreciate smelling WEN everytime I wash my hands. Follow up with a dab of NBT to combat winter dryness.