WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone tell me what this ODO smells like? Thinking of ordering.

Trusted Contributor

Its a new release, so I dont believe anyone has recieved it yet. The people that visited Chaz's salon may be some of the only ones that know the scent. @bruingirl, can you describe the scent?  

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48

Thanks. I ordered it anyways - it went to waitlist!

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer Tropical Scent

[ Edited ]

I'm waiting for just the CC to become available. I thought an email I got said it would be available on the 24th but don't see it. I don't want the other ancillary products. Can't wait to smell it, although I hope the grapefruit isn't very strong as I dont' like that scent. I don't really consider it a "tropical" scent so surprised it is in there. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Missed the presentation of the ODO.  Did Chaz describe this scent?  All I remembered hearing previously was Grapefruit, Pineapple, Coconut (not in that order -- and I agree @HappyDaze that grapefruit isn't very tropical, although I happen to like the scent of grapefruit), but nikki said it included Watermelon, which I see in the picture, but there are other fruits pictured.  Here are some of the ingredients:

Coconut Water, Pineapple Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Watermelon Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Peach Fruit Extract, Apricot Kernel Extract, Pear Fruit Extract, Coconut Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf wrote:

Missed the presentation of the ODO.  Did Chaz describe this scent?  All I remembered hearing previously was Grapefruit, Pineapple, Coconut (not in that order -- and I agree @HappyDaze that grapefruit isn't very tropical, although I happen to like the scent of grapefruit), but nikki said it included Watermelon, which I see in the picture, but there are other fruits pictured just can't be sure what they all are.

@sueinsf yes the ingredients include watermelon extract and includes the four honeys in it, just like SHP! I will try it for this alone. Also peach fruit extract and apricot kernal (so doubt there is any apricot scent in it) Grapefruit is drying but with all the other moisturizing components, I am hoping it will override the drying ingredient. I didn't watch the shows either, just read the ingredients:

Summer Tropical Paradise Cleansing Conditioner
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Coconut Water, Pineapple Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Watermelon Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Peach
Fruit Extract, Apricot Kernel Extract, Pear Fruit Extract, Coconut Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Manuka Honey Extract, Eucalyptus Honey Extract, Orange Blossom Honey Extract, Sage Honey Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Chamomile Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Menthol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L- Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine,
Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate-60, Polysorbate-20, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze  Just checked and posted some of the ingredients and revised my post.  Yes, I saw the honeys!!  Do want to try this one but didn't want to go for the ODO until I know if I like it.  Maybe just the 16oz cc to start or a smaller kit if it's a good deal.  Wish they still offered those 16oz cc, 2oz RTM, 1oz oil kits at $39.95 - those were great try mes!

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf jinx!! Smiley Very Happy I wouldn't mind trying it with the oil and rtm. I liked those sets because I can always use the rtm as a light scent. I am not a fan of the sets with the styling products as much since I don't use those at all. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze hahaha -- funny how we are posting at the same time!  I still have a lot of RTMs (a few from those kits) and I rarely use them anymore so I'm not looking for any more right now.  I do always use the styling creme and I've started using the mousse I got in a kit awhile back, so I am good to get the stying products.  I like the oils but I have quite a bit, but 1oz of oil I would gladly try. 

Respected Contributor

I'm sure it's amazing.  Sometimes we can't judge the smell by the ingredients.  When I first tried Winter Red Currant, I opened the CC and thought wow, that's kind of odd but when I got in the shower and cleansed with it I thought WOW!!!!  I went back for more plus and AD one.  Went back for the RTMs and oil too.  I say, it must be experienced to really know, and hey, if you don't like it, QVC is wonderful on returns.  Free shipping on the ODO too!