WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Summer Tropical Paradise.....Possible new favorite!

@nikki48 your review is killing me since I didn't indulge in any of the ODO"s.  I'm sure Chaz will have more special on this new scent.   You never steer me wrong so I guess I have to take the plunge overboard on this one.....again.  Didn't I just do that with FVWP? Lol

@sonechko and @AmericanBulldogMom.  I know the feeling my stash has exploded and  I'm trying to be good but we all know how that goes.  I think I have to redo my will at this point and put my stash in it.  Don't want them all fighting over it.  Lol

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@nikki48 your review is killing me since I didn't indulge in any of the ODO"s.  I'm sure Chaz will have more special on this new scent.   You never steer me wrong so I guess I have to take the plunge overboard on this one.....again.  Didn't I just do that with FVWP? Lol

@sonechko and @AmericanBulldogMom.  I know the feeling my stash has exploded and  I'm trying to be good but we all know how that goes.  I think I have to redo my will at this point and put my stash in it.  Don't want them all fighting over it.  Lol

@ANewHue Ha! When your Wen stash has it's own paragraph in your will......😜

Valued Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

It just arrived and even the boxes had a faint scent coming from them. I hurried to open because I was worried something broke. Nothing broken but OMG!!! IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD!!

I am so happy I bought both ODO's so I have everything in this scent! It is definately fruit with a very light floral scent. But it smells edible... think pineapple daiquiri or pina colada with a slice of watermelon garnish. Thats understating it because there is a lovely dance of scents happening here. My nose wants to say banana but there is no banana in it. There is a slightly sweet scent but not artifical candy sweet, tropical drink sweet.

There was a scent I couldnt place my finger on but it reminded me of a body wash I have. I figured it out..... melon. I dont like melon (to eat) but I love cucumeber melon body wash and that melon is there dancing with the rest of the fruits. This stuff is good. I dont really smell straight coconut. This is layered.... we could talk for a week about all of the smells and what we pick up.

The oil has more of a pineapple scent. I smell more melon in the styling cream. See what I mean... layered and complex. The floral scent is hitting my nose on the back end but its not too much for me. Or maybe its because I am literally inhaling this stuff now.

I am jumping my excited butt in the shower.... will update when I get out! I need more RTM, I am about to spray my house with it!

Wow!  Thanks for the great details!!  It sounds amazing Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Lol @ANewHue... that is funny, your will !!!

Well my Husband loves Wen so I guess he would be first in line for mine..Smiley Happy

yes thanks @nikki48. Now I already want it all & I was going to be good as my Fig 

is tops on my list, but now I will have to set it to one side I think.!!    Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the shower, the floral and menthol scent came out a bit more. As you guys know I am not a big floral person but this was pleasant for a while. Just when it got to be too much floral it was time to use the styling cream and in came another scent sitting at the top. That reenergized me for a while and then the oil and the pineapple.

If Chaz does a fragrance I want it to smell like the oil. This was the first one that didnt have that "oil" scent... sorry I cant describe it but I think you girls know what I mean. This one was just the fragrance.

Performance- Not as moisturizing as SHP and it seems to be a lightweight moisture. The CC is thick and creamy but becomes frothy when you cleanse. I mean lightweight moisture as it doesnt weigh your hair down. I mixed in 319 to get the moisture I like. I then used a bit more as a leave in for the curl separation I like. Even the mousse is lighter than 319 so those of you that worry about moisture weighing your hair down... this may be a good one. For those like me that love the extra moisture, 319 paired with it worked nicely.

I cant wait until everyone gets theirs because like I said there are so many scents. Theres something familiar beyond the melon, I hope one of you can call it out. The floral in the back might be too much for some but it mixes well for me. Unless I am in the shower for an hour, lol.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@nikki48 ohhhh now I'm excited!!  We have similar favorites for performance so I'm hoping it's up there with SHP.  Thanks for trying it so soon!😀

My orders just left NC today with a 6/6 edd  at least I should get it before the fall scents come out.

Chaz said not as much and I agree.  I used with 319 so I have my moisture and my hair is sooooo soft.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@jpie wrote:

Thanks for the great review @nikki48!  Mine ODO kit with mousse is due to arrive this afternoon.

I love tropical, so from your description, this will be in line with my #1 love, SHP!  Heart

@jpie, you got to let us know what you pick up in the scent. This one should make for good conversation.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@nikki48 - I posted on another thread about the STP. I could not figure out that one scent just couldn't put my finger on - you said melon - I think that's it!!!

I do get a light scent of coconut but not much. Just like one of those tropical, umbrella drinks!!

Can't wait to use this one!!

@riley1, It was bugging me, I was about to go and smell all of my body washes to place it, lol. It reminds me of something else too that I cant quite place. Did you love the scent?

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@nikki48The menthol coming out worries me. 😧 How strong did you find it and did it linger?

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the detailed review @nikki48! I'm not a fan of floral scents although I've liked most of Chaz's spring seasonals so hopefully I won't be able to smell too much of a floral scent in the STP.