WEN

Trusted Contributor

Summer Tropical Paradise.....Possible new favorite!

[ Edited ]

It just arrived and even the boxes had a faint scent coming from them. I hurried to open because I was worried something broke. Nothing broken but OMG!!! IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD!!

I am so happy I bought both ODO's so I have everything in this scent! It is definately fruit with a very light floral scent. But it smells edible... think pineapple daiquiri or pina colada with a slice of watermelon garnish. Thats understating it because there is a lovely dance of scents happening here. My nose wants to say banana but there is no banana in it. There is a slightly sweet scent but not artifical candy sweet, tropical drink sweet.

There was a scent I couldnt place my finger on but it reminded me of a body wash I have. I figured it out..... melon. I dont like melon (to eat) but I love cucumber melon body wash and that melon is there dancing with the rest of the fruits. This stuff is good. I dont really smell straight coconut. This is layered.... we could talk for a week about all of the smells and what we pick up.

The oil has more of a pineapple scent. I smell more melon in the styling cream. See what I mean... layered and complex. The floral scent is hitting my nose on the back end but its not too much for me. Or maybe its because I am literally inhaling this stuff now.

I am jumping my excited butt in the shower.... will update when I get out! I need more RTM, I am about to spray my house with it!

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

Re: Summer Tropical Paradise.....Possible new favorite!

Hi, nikki48!  Thank you for posting!  I got the first one, the one with the CC and styling creme and mousse but they just shipped it on the 30th so I won't get it for a few days but after seeing the label weeks ago, I can't wait to try it and by your post, it sounds AMAZING!  Chaz was saying on one of the shows that he just rolled it out and already everyone's asking for an EDP in it!  It sounds lovely!!!!  So the oil has more pineapple scent, ut oh, I would love that.  I think by your post I'm going for the RTMs!!!!   Great post, nikki48!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 OMG!! You're killing me. Mine all needs to hurry up and get here....😡

Trusted Contributor

@nikki48 ohhhh now I'm excited!!  We have similar favorites for performance so I'm hoping it's up there with SHP.  Thanks for trying it so soon!😀

My orders just left NC today with a 6/6 edd  at least I should get it before the fall scents come out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nikki48 wrote:

It just arrived and even the boxes had a faint scent coming from them. I hurried to open because I was worried something broke. Nothing broken but OMG!!! IT SMELLS SOOO GOOD!!

I am so happy I bought both ODO's so I have everything in this scent! It is definately fruit with a very light floral scent. But it smells edible... think pineapple daiquiri or pina colada with a slice of watermelon garnish. Thats understating it because there is a lovely dance of scents happening here. My nose wants to say banana but there is no banana in it. There is a slightly sweet scent but not artifical candy sweet, tropical drink sweet.

There was a scent I couldnt place my finger on but it reminded me of a body wash I have. I figured it out..... melon. I dont like melon (to eat) but I love cucumeber melon body wash and that melon is there dancing with the rest of the fruits. This stuff is good. I dont really smell straight coconut. This is layered.... we could talk for a week about all of the smells and what we pick up.

The oil has more of a pineapple scent. I smell more melon in the styling cream. See what I mean... layered and complex. The floral scent is hitting my nose on the back end but its not too much for me. Or maybe its because I am literally inhaling this stuff now.

I am jumping my excited butt in the shower.... will update when I get out! I need more RTM, I am about to spray my house with it!

@nikki48

Once again I must say - what a describtion! It's like I was in there, with you, smelling it!

Except better, I would never be able to discern fragrance in such detail, and be also so informative. Heart

With my praises being given to our Senior Product Reviews Editor - Nikki (Yay), I may add -  I AM SO HAPPY I got both ODOs in this Tropical scent!

I treated myself only to two of these this time, because I never could refuse to try a brand new scent. G knows - I wanted the ODOs in all three scents! My stash keeps me at bay. Hisssssss......

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the great review @nikki48!  Mine ODO kit with mousse is due to arrive this afternoon.

I love tropical, so from your description, this will be in line with my #1 love, SHP!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Nikki, Nikki @nikki48!!!

This is sooo exciting. We are all vicariously enjoying your unboxing and wonderful first impressions. Your description is inviting, so clear and distinct, I love it! I can't wait to hear part 2 of your new Wen experience. Bravo to you my dear!

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

There was a scent I couldnt place my finger on but it reminded me of a body wash I have. I figured it out..... melon. I dont like melon (to eat) but I love cucumeber melon body wash and that melon is there dancing with the rest of the fruits. This stuff is good. I dont really smell straight coconut. This is layered.... we could talk for a week about all of the smells and what we pick up.

@nikki48

Once again I must say - what a describtion! It's like I was in there, with you, smelling it!

Except better, I would never be able to discern fragrance in such detail, and be also so informative. Heart

With my praises being given to our Senior Product Reviews Editor - Nikki (Yay), I may add -  I AM SO HAPPY I got both ODOs in this Tropical scent!

I treated myself only to two of these this time, because I never could refuse to try a brand new scent. G knows - I wanted the ODOs in all three scents! My stash keeps me at bay. Hisssssss......

@sonechko Right about the "stash". We NEED it to not panic about running out, yet at the same time it hinders us from purchasing our other wen wants and needs. It's like a double-edged sword. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48 - I posted on another thread about the STP. I could not figure out that one scent just couldn't put my finger on - you said melon - I think that's it!!!

I do get a light scent of coconut but not much. Just like one of those tropical, umbrella drinks!!

Can't wait to use this one!!

Esteemed Contributor

Double-edged sword indeed, @AmericanBulldogMom!  I've learned it about a year ago. My first two years I was buying Wen like there is no more ODOs, TSVs and there is no tomorrow! 

Soon I realized - what will I do later? Will I be buried in bottles to the point I won't buy anything new, without considering myself to be officially crazy person. So I stopped.

But don't deprive myself! I buy new scents, and I buy crazy good deals on some of my old favorites!  Years in it, and I still can't get over the excitment of buying new WEN!