WEN

Regular Contributor

Summer Seasonals AD confirmation and upcoming trip to California...

Hi Wenners!  I just got confirmation that I will be getting my AD order for the summer seasonals.  Has anybody received this set already?  I don't even remember which ones I'll be getting besides the new summer melon mint, but I'm sure I'll love them and since I am running out of the winter seasonals it is a perfect time to receive them.  

By the way, how close is Chaz's salon to either Costa Mesa or Santa Ana?  I'll be on a two week business trip in a few days and I'm wondering if I can stop by to see the place and shop a little something something.  My hair is looking glorious these days after the haircut I got back in June.  I also drastically reduced my heat styling and I'm wearing it wavy (as it is naturally) since I stopped relaxing it 14 months ago.  My Wen staples are the cleansing conditioners in seasonals (winter these days) and pomegranate, the oils and WVM/WRC replenishing mist when I wear it in a ponytail.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer Seasonals AD confirmation and upcoming trip to California...

[ Edited ]

@glam_girl Chaz's salon is in Hollywood, which will take you about one hour from Costa Mesa and Santa Ana, because of traffic. If you can manage a Saturday appointment, there won't be as much traffic. And definitely try to stay away from "drive time" if you go on Thursday or Friday, the only other days he works there. 

I used to live right next to Costa Mesa and because it is not far from the John Wayne Airport and the huge Costa Mesa shopping mall, it can be more than normally busy. 

Although you are only going to stop by, I suggest you go around 10:00am or later, when most of the really heavy traffic is subsided. And definitely try to be out of his salon by 4:00pm, perhaps sooner.

Even though you don't have an appointment, you can ask to meet him and say "hi!". Heart

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler  Thank you for the fantastic tips.  I won't have time to visit during the week because I'll be working but I'm thinking Saturday morning sounds great.  I'm excited an nervous at the same time because I haven't been to California in such a long time, but it is for work which means I'll get everything paid and have extra $$ to spend hehehe.

Honored Contributor

@glam_girl Well, I warn you......going to his salon is quite addictive! There are four bungalows, and the one that is the reception area is going to make you want to get out that credit card, for sure! ha!

Hope you have time just to sit outside and listen to the various water fountains, see the koi, meet the Angels (they don't show up until after their hike, which is usually around 11:00-12noon until the end of the day), and definitely go say hello to Chaz and give him a hug. I hope it is a time when he is there and not in New York or somewhere else. 

Any chance you can call ahead and make an appointment? Someone may have cancelled at the last minute. Or you could have one of his other stylist do your hair. It would be fun.

Pop your head into all four bungalows; they are used to that. You will love seeing gallons and gallons of WEN in the "well" behind the washing bowls.

By the way, directions are on his website, and they are if you are coming from the south, north, east, or west. You will have no problem, especially since you are going on a Saturday. Should not take that long.

Be sure to report back and tell us about your adventure. Post a photo with you and Chaz. Heart

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler Hopefully I can make all those things happen.  I will try my best.  But going to see the salon is definitely on my to do list.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@glam_girl Don't be shy about asking for a photo with him. Can't tell you how many times I have been sitting in his chair and someone wants a selfie with him or will say "I just have one question....." He will not brush you off. He is always happy to meet QVC customers of WEN. It is a highlight for him.

I promise, he is exactly in person like he is on TV. Very gracious, kind, attentive, etc.

And if you are brave enough, just tell him what your favorite product or scent is. If you say something like: "I was thinking of using the styling cream (or remoist, etc.) such-and-such a way, but am not sure." He will tell you what he thinks you should do. He can tell just with a quick look what your hair needs (or may not need if you are doing everything correctly!). Heart

But take time to sit down with the Angels on the chairs and couches. They love being fawned over. ha!

Respected Contributor

Hi glam_girl, yes I've got mine.  Mine's in process.  I cannot wait to get it!  I think it will be the Peach, Tropical and the Melon Mint.  I got a 32 of the Floral since I like that one so much, I went back for more.

Not sure how close LA is to your destinations.  My sister used to live in Santa Ana.  She said the dishes rattled every day in the cupboards from tremors.  Not to worry though.  No biggy.  I have an idea though, do Google search or Google map and you'll see it all layed out, the topography and how far your destinations are from Chaz's salon. 

Chaz is in Vegas right now but I don't know for how long, someone said a weekend for his birthday?  Not sure.  However, his people will do your hair AMAZINGLY if you go.  I believe Chaz is booked up quite far in advance and he's only there Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Oh, definitely, I use the blow dryer on warm few minutes then cool.  The new Bella stuff is beyond amazing.  Hey, have a great trip if we don't hear from you before that!!!!  Safe trip XXOO

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

World Traveler, what a lovely post! 

glam_girl, are you really going to make an appointment with Chaz?  WOWEE!  Lucky YOU!  I'm VERY shy and feel funny about pictures.  I don't feel like I'm "photogenic".  However, you can tell us about it!  I heard tons of people say Chaz is so easy to talk to and is down to earth.  I would have wagered on it.  If I were going to his salon and when he opens in NY I'm gonna go but I'm sure dozens of people will.  If I have a chance, I want a picture with him.  Love kind of just exudes right out of his pores.  He seems like a wonderful person.

I didn't see all the other posts about this.  World Traveler would know best.  I think there are some others on here that have met Chaz too.

New Contributor

Hi! I’m curious about what’s in the 3 set Summer Seasonal AD too.  Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

@DennS   The kit includes summer honey peach, tropical paradise and melon mint all 32 oz size