WEN

Respected Contributor

Fig is generally accounted to be the most moisturizing of the Classics, @CoastalGal .

Respected Contributor

In listening to tonight's presentation of the Big Deal, Chaz said the 16 ounce seasonal will change on auto-delivery, it will be SPC now, FPPL in autumn, WCT in winter, and SPT in spring; it won't be Pina Colada all four times.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@CamilleP wrote:

@SandGirl   Do you usually have very good results with the Seasonals?  If so, those are predominantly soy-based, so Pom might be your best choice amongst the Classics.  I, personally, prefer Tea Tree for every first cleanse, I like what it does for my scalp, keeping it squeeky clean without drying out my hair.  I can only use Fig when my hair is permed and needs tons of extra moisture, my natural hair is fine and straight as a stick, and too much moisture leaves it limp.  Also, hair can change over time, what you used to get good results with might not work as well now.  Honestly, with this deal being as good as it is, if you can swing it financially, I'd advise you to buy several sets in the formulas you want to try, and if one of them turns out to really be bad, you can send it back for an exchange.  If one formula is a standout winner, put that one on auto-delivery.  If you want to go with just one, my suggestion would be Tea Tree, it's just such a good basic to start from, but it is strongly herbal in scent, so as a second recommendation I'd say Pom.  Good luck, I hope it works out well for you, whichever one you try.

I used POM in the past with good results and then just end up with all the seasonals due to trying diff. scents and chasing whatever I can find on sale, withi this inflation I couldn't afford to buy WEN as much if I didn't find it on sale, that is why I figure I best hop on this sale for sure!!

I'm getting older and starting to see the thin-ness in my hair, especially in my widows peak area, I used to be able to pull my hair up on the sides but now I find to o much of my scalp is showing, maybe I'll go with TeaTree, I use the botanical treatment, the tea tree doesn't bother me, I get use to it and then I actually perfer the clean scent.  Thank you for your post and your help.  Have a great day!

@SandGirl 

If hair thinness is a problem, the Scalp Tonic or even the Brow Enhancer for spot areas would be the answers.  Many people have found success with both.

However, they need to be used regularly and if finances are tight this may not be doable for you.

Also, their scents are pretty strong, so if you're sensitive that also may be something to consider.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette  I do use the botanical scalp treatment, due to work hours and not being able to get 2nd day hair when I use it, I only end up using it 3-4 days a week but on those days I try to double up on it (Chaz cust. support said it was fine)

I typically get it from ebay, I make sure I buy a SEALED one, sometimes I can get it for less than 15.00!!

Hope you have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@geezerette  I do use the botanical scalp treatment, due to work hours and not being able to get 2nd day hair when I use it, I only end up using it 3-4 days a week but on those days I try to double up on it (Chaz cust. support said it was fine)

I typically get it from ebay, I make sure I buy a SEALED one, sometimes I can get it for less than 15.00!!

Hope you have a great day!

Have you had any success with it ? I have used it but i dont think i use it consistantly ~ i have gone through several bottles over the years ~ but thescent is very strong so i struggle with using overnight ~ ( and i like tea tree scent and normally i can tolerate most strong scents ) 

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl  and @CoastalGal , I have been using the WEN scalp tonic since it came out, except during and after the pandemic when stock ran so low that QVC cancelled my a/d and it was out of stock.  I have had notable success, my part and hairline have filled in again to what it was like in my youth.  I often see the new little hairs sprouting up in the hairline, specially.  I did lose ground when I had to ration it, and am finally getting back to my maximum benefit level.  I use the tonic every evening, applying after dinner so DH doesn't have to smell it when he's eating, it stays on a few hours, and I cleanse my hair in my shower before I go to bed, so I am not even leaving it on overnight, and it's still working. 

@SandGirlI am concerned that you are purchasing the tonic on eBay, I cannot imagine that that is genuine WEN.  It would not be hard at all to take empty bottles and re-fill them with some water, some alcohol, and a little tea tree oil, a few drops, and then put a new seal on them and sell them as "genuine", and make quite a profit, considering they probably only used a few cents' worth of ingredients.  If you are not seeing much result, it could be that that is why.  I keep a close eye on the QVC price, and if they ever put it on sale, I start a new a/d at the lower price and cancel the older, higher-priced one.  I've been able to save some money that way.  It's not a cheap product, but I do credit it with saving me from needing to wear wigs.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@SandGirl  and @CoastalGal , I have been using the WEN scalp tonic since it came out, except during and after the pandemic when stock ran so low that QVC cancelled my a/d and it was out of stock.  I have had notable success, my part and hairline have filled in again to what it was like in my youth.  I often see the new little hairs sprouting up in the hairline, specially.  I did lose ground when I had to ration it, and am finally getting back to my maximum benefit level.  I use the tonic every evening, applying after dinner so DH doesn't have to smell it when he's eating, it stays on a few hours, and I cleanse my hair in my shower before I go to bed, so I am not even leaving it on overnight, and it's still working. 

@SandGirlI am concerned that you are purchasing the tonic on eBay, I cannot imagine that that is genuine WEN.  It would not be hard at all to take empty bottles and re-fill them with some water, some alcohol, and a little tea tree oil, a few drops, and then put a new seal on them and sell them as "genuine", and make quite a profit, considering they probably only used a few cents' worth of ingredients.  If you are not seeing much result, it could be that that is why.  I keep a close eye on the QVC price, and if they ever put it on sale, I start a new a/d at the lower price and cancel the older, higher-priced one.  I've been able to save some money that way.  It's not a cheap product, but I do credit it with saving me from needing to wear wigs.

@CamilleP  I haven't had any issues, I typically ask questions first and I only go with sellers with good rating and SEALED product. So far the ones I got are from people who did auto delivery but didn't like it due to smell so now they are selling what was shipped to them that they didn't use.

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl  I am glad you are confident that the tonic you are getting is genuine.  I wonder why the sellers don't just cancel their auto-deliveries and return the unwanted

product instead of selling it at a loss.   I hope they aren't reporting the product as damaged to QVC, getting a refund, and then making pure profit selling the undamaged product bayside, that hurts us all by making the Q raise their prices to keep up with the fraud.  No way to know for sure, sadly.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife   I got my order today and opened the SPC right away, of course.  BANG, the coconut is the only scent I smell when the product is cold, I'll have to see if I get more complex fragrances when it's warm and mixed with water on my hair tonight.  That will also show me the performance, and I'll compare it to my older seasonals to see if it's better, worse, or similar.  I'll report more tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

Thank you for the initial report!  I still haven't purchased anything.  I did an inventory this weekend and quite frankly, I haven't even opened last year's TT gallon, so I told myself I would wait for the other SPC specials & just focus on those.

Chaz's Tuesday show is tomorrow @ 3:00 pm (HST), so it you can, please respond back tomorrow morning with your thoughts after using it in the shower.

Coconut is definitely my favorite summer scent, but I'm still quite loaded with Summer Mango Coconut, so I really don't want a duplicate/similar scent in CC since I have so much.

I do need to get styling creme & mousse & would like the RTM as well.  Hopefully we will see it in UNIBT, too!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.