WEN

Honored Contributor

I still have my oil from 2015 and it still smells wonderful and is very strong.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Maybe, but not necessarily so. They may miscalculate on the production numbers. Or mess up on adequate presentation of it in time before the season's end. They could mess up in a warehouse and "forget" about a stockpile of it. Who knows? I did not try it, since I must use TT oil mostly, but people posting - they like SGGT.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with the old oil but either way it's pretty disappointing to receive something like that when you finally decide to try it. Oh well, I'm requesting to have it replaced with an SOB oil instead so hopefully that one is better!

Honored Contributor

I just noticed my SHL oil has 02/2015 on the bottle.  I just sniffed it and it smells like SHL, so I'm not sending mine back, but it does make me want to check my dates more often.  That's not cool, especially when some of us like to stock up.  I may not get to my new bottle for another 6 months, since my current bottle isn't used up.  I really need to work through my current inventory before buying anymore.  Thanks for posting this.  I've really not given dates much thought before.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Same here.  With all these posts of old oils I went down to check my stock and both my SHL and SGGT that I purchased last year are fine, strong scent.  I'm using an SOB from the end of season 2014 and that is also fine.  I have about half a bottle left to use of the SOB, small amount of CA and 613 also from the same time.  Going to use them up first and then start on my SHL and SGGT.  I have never had any problems with my oil collectiion but I have a nice stock now and I don't want any spoiled oils.

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Same here.  With all these posts of old oils I went down to check my stock and both my SHL and SGGT that I purchased last year are fine, strong scent.  I'm using an SOB from the end of season 2014 and that is also fine.  I have about half a bottle left to use of the SOB, small amount of CA and 613 also from the same time.  Going to use them up first and then start on my SHL and SGGT.  I have never had any problems with my oil collectiion but I have a nice stock now and I don't want any spoiled oils.

@ANewHue I have lots of oils as well and none of them have ever gone bad so this is the first time it happened to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info @HSB1204 with that September TSV my oil collection has exploded because I  got 4 on AD, it was too good of a deal to pass on.  I use a ton of POM and TT oil so I'm not too concerned with them.  For years If I don't finish a seasonal during its season it's always been fine the following year.  I do have plenty now though so I'm just going to work my stash for now.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone who responded!  work got a little crazy but has settled down, phew. 

I'm glad others have noticed the same thing.  I Could smell the lilacs as I opened each of my other boxes, but nothing on the oil. It does not smell rancid or bad, it just smells like oil. 

I love the scent enough to try again and hopefully I get a scented one!

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

Thanks for the info @HSB1204 with that September TSV my oil collection has exploded because I  got 4 on AD, it was too good of a deal to pass on.  I use a ton of POM and TT oil so I'm not too concerned with them.  For years If I don't finish a seasonal during its season it's always been fine the following year.  I do have plenty now though so I'm just going to work my stash for now.

@ANewHue I attempted to have some will power so I only bought one of that TSV and I didn't get it on AD even though that would have been a steal. I figured I already had enough oil to last me until the zombie apocalypse but I do love the oils! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

lol @HSB1204  I couldn't resist even though my oil collection was well over a bakers dozen.  But I do use all the products In that TSV and I do gift quite frequently.   I'll be working my stash for a little bit and then probably add a Summer oil ...or two.  I like the fact that I can just go down to my vault and shop. Lol. I've been doing this for quite a few years now and wouldn't be comfortable any other way I suppose. 

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

lol @HSB1204  I couldn't resist even though my oil collection was well over a bakers dozen.  But I do use all the products In that TSV and I do gift quite frequently.   I'll be working my stash for a little bit and then probably add a Summer oil ...or two.  I like the fact that I can just go down to my vault and shop. Lol. I've been doing this for quite a few years now and wouldn't be comfortable any other way I suppose. 

@ANewHue I agree. I like having my little oil stash. Cat Happy