WEN

Respected Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

I ordered this last year, so I have a frame of reference. Mine smells of oil, not lilacs like last years shipment, which lost its scent after six months or so. I just thought a new order would be a fresher batch than last year. I wonder if that is the difference between the order numbers. Really I just wondered if I should reorder with the newer number. Love the oil and scent, although I'm not willing to spend the money on unscented oil

@Jeannie29 I agree. Considering how expensive the oil is you'd think you would be guaranteed a fresh batch. I ordered the SHL oil from the item number that had all three seasonal oils under it. Since you mentioned that the smell is a little off on yours I decided to do an SHL overnight oil treatment. It doesn't smell like much out of the bottle but now that it's in my hair it seems to smell similar to the CC.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Sorry that happened.  Smiley Sad

I have a bottle from last year, and one from this past week; they both smell great.

If Q can't help you I would certainly try WEN CS.

@Drythe Chaz's CS won't do anything. I already e-mailed them about my almost unscented SGGT oil and they said it wasn't bad and that I could return it to QVC.

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Honey Lilac oil

[ Edited ]

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@Jeannie29 like @HSB1204 stated, I also recieved a very old bottle of SGGT from 2013 that didn't have much of a smell and was a bit off like it turned rancid. I have already sent it back to Q for an exchange of SOB. Now I'm just waiting for the exchange to be processed. I am hoping the SOB will not be old. I ordered the SHL oil last weekend on check hold, but this just makes me want to cancel the order if the product isn't going to be fresh or smell right. If this practice of sending old merchandise continues, I may cut back on ordering certain things.

@Diva1Donna I agree. I love SMC but would be hesitant to buy any of the oil this summer if they're going to be shipping out old batches like they did with SGGT.

Valued Contributor

That is so odd. I hope CS can help you.

I have a bottle from 2015 of this oil. It is only about 1/3 gone. It has been open for a year and still smells beautiful. 

Best of luck to you.

Valued Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

I have a bottle from last year, and one from this past week; they both smell great.

@Drythe Chaz's CS won't do anything. I already e-mailed them about my almost unscented SGGT oil and they said it wasn't bad and that I could return it to QVC.

@HSB1204 After hearing that was the response you received, I didn't even bother trying reach out to Chaz's customer service any more. I tried calling a couple of times but never received anyone live, kept getting the message all agents were busy and I could leave a message. I know I'm not crazy and something was definitely wrong with that oil. 

Respected Contributor

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HSB1204 After hearing that was the response you received, I didn't even bother trying reach out to Chaz's customer service any more. I tried calling a couple of times but never received anyone live, kept getting the message all agents were busy and I could leave a message. I know I'm not crazy and something was definitely wrong with that oil. 

@Diva1Donna Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that response as well. I get that QVC is the one selling the oil but it came from Chaz's warehouse. I certainly hope that QVC reports back to Chaz that people returned the oil and surely we can't be the only ones that got bad bottles. I had been looking forward to trying the SGGT oil but won't take my chances with that one again because there was definitely something wrong with the one I received as well.

Valued Contributor

I only ordered Lilac items from the last visit. My oil, repleneshing mists, styling cream and mousse all have manufactured dates of 2 - 2015. I think my oil if fine and I suppose the other items, manufactured last year are fine as well.....(?)

Trusted Contributor

I just opened a SHL oil I got last year and it is fine.  I am not worried at all about the 3/2015 date.  I have oils from the original fig that have to be from 2012 and they are still good!  I store in a cool dark closet too.  I have no idea how their production runs work, but we are getting oils that had to be ok'd by WEN for freshness I'd think?

My dilemma now is the SGGT Oil I just got.  It is dated 2016 and has very very little smell !!  I did an oil treatment last night and you can't even smell it and I put a lot in!  I think I might call CS and see if anyone else has a complaint.  BTW I would have sent the 2013 right back if that's what was sent.

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

I ordered the SGGT oil and it was from 2013. I'm going to return it and exchange it for the SOB oil. Hopefully that one isn't old and completely unscented.

I just received my SHL oil yesterday and hadn't actually opened it until now. I had never tried it before so I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to smell but it's not a super strong smell. Mine is also from 2015, by the way.

@HSB1204  I don't think they should be selling products that are old.  QVC should sell products at a discount like other sites do so that they can sell them before they get old.  QVC shouldn't be selling products that were manufactured in 2013 and 2015 for full price.  I can't imagine that anyone would want to keep these items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a small sample bottle from last year which still smells wonderful and the 4 oz. I received last week which smells the same as the sample bottle.