WEN

Respected Contributor

So was there a consensus on Dyson blow dryers?

I know there was a discussion about this device some months ago when the Q first offered it, but I don't remember if there was a consensus opinion.  I'm rather disappointed that the TSV price is not lower, the Q just added a couple of bottles of goop I won't use and a travel bag, woo hoo, but if the dryer really works *that* much better, maybe it's worth it?  I have an expensive brand I bought at Ulta a couple of years ago, but I've dropped it more times than I can count, and sooner or later I know it's gonna die.  Is the Dyson significantly lighter, for those of you who have it?  Thanks for weighing in, fellow WENers!

Respected Contributor

Re: So was there a consensus on Dyson blow dryers?

I don't own it, but there are 291 four-star reviews.  Maybe there is some good information there.

Trusted Contributor

Do they use the same cord on it as their vacuums?

Esteemed Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Do they use the same cord on it as their vacuums?

q

Honored Contributor

I would love to try it

but the TS isn’t calling me 

adding extra stuff doesn’t close the deal

Respected Contributor

I have had mine for about 4 months and love it. It definitly dries my hair faster and is quieter then my last dryers.  I think it was worth the money

Deb

Honored Contributor

Luckily I have short curly hair which I always let air dry.   I wonder where the product is made????  It doesn't seem to say under product details????  I would hope it's made in the USA for the price but I tend to doubt it.  Very expensive, I think if I bought a hair dryer I would not spend the same amount as I would on a vacumn (and not necessarily a Dyson)  I have a made in the USA Oreck!

Contributor

I can't speak to the quality of the Dyson blow dryer because it's just not in my budget.  For that price, someone will need to come with it to blow dry my hair for me.  haha!  

Super Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Luckily I have short curly hair which I always let air dry.   I wonder where the product is made????  It doesn't seem to say under product details????  I would hope it's made in the USA for the price but I tend to doubt it.  Very expensive, I think if I bought a hair dryer I would not spend the same amount as I would on a vacumn (and not necessarily a Dyson)  I have a made in the USA Oreck!

If it also worked as a vacuum that would be really cool Smiley Very Happy

I've considered drying it, but I also usually air dry (despite having a ridiculous number of Wen brushes that I keep intending on using).

On a side note, I can't figure out which gallon to buy!!!!

Contributor

I tried it back in November and returned in January.  I have fine, shoulder length hair.  It didn't dry my hair any faster than my T3.  I returned it because it really dried out my hair--it looked very damaged.  As I said in my review for this product, maybe it works best for thicker hair.