WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sigh... I burnt my hair.

Thanks @Drythe. Now you ARE making me quite anxious. Forget my patience! To the h*ll with it! I want it, and I want it NOW! You've said, you'd meet half-way. Well, start walking already. I am putting my shoes and grabbing my keys... Now, which way I go?

Well, about @Beautoxica burning hair event, again. I am so adamant about NOT ruining my Wen gradually restoring hair, that I'd do anything but not the flat iron or anything this harsh. I would not put any other hairspray, besides VTS in my hair.

I am already seeing great results doing what Chaz is preaching, The only other than Wen product that touches my hair, is Isomers Revive Hair Booster, this one has an Immortal in it. I put a little bit together with Wen re-moist, put a cap over, and have an amazing over-night hair restoring treatment.

The next day my hair comes out so amazing, I truly do not need any blow-drying or anything at all to do with it! Everything I need for my hair to look great every day, I already have in these WEN products, cleansing and styling like-wise.

Even without blow-drying, my hair is manageable and comes out just right. I remember seeing how gently Chaz was finger fluffing World Traveler's hair, and I understood what he was doing!

With gentle loving handling and right restorative, cleansing and styling products - hair responds and behaves. It is just like I always wanted it to be.  All I need now, is to grow in, more of Wen hair, and do a right hair cut to fully enjoy my healthy, shiny hair.

Regular Contributor

I've never had this happen before, but thats what I get for trying to use it immedaitely after it fell in the toilet haha. Seriously my logic is off the charts bad sometimes. 

I've been using it less and less, though, since trying the mousse. I may have to reconsider getting one at all. I will need a new hair dryer, though. I tossed mine out after having not used it for over a year. It was cheapo anyways. 

Any suggestions on a hair dryer? 

Esteemed Contributor

Chaz is using Supersolano hair dryer, @Beautoxica. When I'll be due for a new one, this is what I'll get. But if, I'd be buying a new one today, I'd call Chaz salon, and ask for suggestions. Just in case if they are using some other, or better hair dryers now, and also with the needs and specifics of my own hair.

Respected Contributor

So sorry @Beautoxica to hear about your accident.   I have to admit that I do sometimes use a flat iron but never had anything like this happen to me.  I do agree with the others that you should try to use a flat iron sparingly and just use a blow dryer with a round brush to dry your hair.  

Honored Contributor

@sonechko

I don't know exactly where you are, but I'm one state north of Florence.  I'm guessing there will need to be cars involved here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe, this would be quite a driving trip. Besides, I like walking anyways, and I might even make it there before my QVC packages show up here from Florence, SC. Woman LOL

p.s. I am in Los Angeles, where Mr. Chaz lives and works. With his puppies. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • How awful, I feel for you.   I tend to be overly cautious and I take no chances with my hair.  I don't use heat on my hair, I don't own a hairdryer on any tools.  But, if I did I wouldn't have used that flat iron until I was sure it hadn't suffered water damage.  I love a great blowout but I leave it to the pros.
Respected Contributor

That sounds horrible! I agree that using the re-moist treatment and oils may be a good start. I don't really use my flat iron much these days. My hair has started getting a little wavy but it's easy enough to make it straight.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Chaz is using Supersolano hair dryer, @Beautoxica. When I'll be due for a new one, this is what I'll get. But if, I'd be buying a new one today, I'd call Chaz salon, and ask for suggestions. Just in case if they are using some other, or better hair dryers now, and also with the needs and specifics of my own hair.

@Beautoxica I have the Super Solano and it works great. It's pretty heavy but it's a good hair dryer.

Regular Contributor

Lesson learned! I washed this morning with MIF and PJP mixed and I swear I still smell burnt hair. Gross. 

@HSB1204  where did you get that hair dryer? I was watching blow out videos last night and saw that on more than one of them.