WEN

Regular Contributor

Hi! I was wondering (and I'm sorry if it's somewehre that I didn't find) if there is a definite shelf life of the oils. With the Sept. TSV I am not so sure how much I'll use them because I never have before, so I wondered if anyone knows how long they last? I think I heard a year somewhere but I'm not entirely sure. 

Anyone know?

Trusted Contributor

I can't give you an official answer, but I'm still using oils that I ordered in early 2012. They smell and perform fine. I keep them stored in a cool dark place, I believe that's supposed to help keep them from degrading over time. 

Honored Contributor

I have some that are two years old and still fine. I keep them in a drawer so they aren't exposed to light. The drawer is in the bathroom, which is the coolest room in the house because it's the smallest room with an AC vent. The rubber droppers are the weak point, so keeping them in a cool place and away from the light will keep the dropper from breaking down.

Regular Contributor

Thank you! That makes me feel much better about stocking up Smiley Happy 

Contributor

Hi Beautoxica,

I asked Chaz this same question on one of his Periscopes this last week, and he said that the shelf life of the oils is about 2 years, if stored in a cool dry place.  I also asked which was best, a closed dark cabinet or the refrigerator, and he said "both".  So I went ahead and stocked up with the TSV's that I wanted on auto delivery.   I have heard of people still using them fine after three years, which is great!  But I calculated my stash based on two years.  I know there will be more deals between now and then, and that way I know I am covered for the next two years without having to worry about getting more TT, lol :-)

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Pie2 wrote:

Hi Beautoxica,

I asked Chaz this same question on one of his Periscopes this last week, and he said that the shelf life of the oils is about 2 years, if stored in a cool dry place.  I also asked which was best, a closed dark cabinet or the refrigerator, and he said "both".  So I went ahead and stocked up with the TSV's that I wanted on auto delivery.   I have heard of people still using them fine after three years, which is great!  But I calculated my stash based on two years.  I know there will be more deals between now and then, and that way I know I am covered for the next two years without having to worry about getting more TT, lol :-)

@Maggie Pie2 , thanks for passing on the information that Chaz shared during on of his periscope live video feeds. I have some SOB oil that I keep safe in my frig just to be on the safe side. It's about a year and a half old and it still smells great!!! 

And Welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of all things Wen!! Smiley Wink 

-- bebe Smiley Happy