WEN

Trusted Contributor

I know Chaz gets credit for the sales while they are on. Does anybody know how that works?  Do they get credit for all Wen sales during the visit or is it only credit for on air items?  I have a few items I want to get, but if it will help Chaz I can wait a couple days. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Sales during Chaz's visits

I believe its just like retail. QVC buys the product at a wholesale price. It would be the same if the product sold on air or online. 

Occasional Contributor

I think he gets credit for anything that sells while he is on air. Obviously I could be wrong. Maybe Wen Dooters can shed some light on this.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe they have overall sales goals and also on-air sales goals. The appearance of the 'personality' is supposed to boost sales. When it doesn't you get fewer shows. Since Chaz's sales are already high, his on-air is probably really high compared to others who sells less overall. However, we love the product so much he sells out TSVs etc. We aren't in danger of fewer shows, I don't think but all the same if there is some thing you can wait for, especially a TSV, then do it when he's on the air. My guess is that he gets some kind of credit for boosts in unaired products. Not necessarily more money, but that they would consider that in looking at booking him.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Here is my take though- if they want us to buy during his shows, then don't post the item numbers too early becuase often the popular products risk being sold out before his visit or within minutes of his first show. For those of us that don't want to run that risk, we order early. I also am often not home during his shows or can't predict if I will be so I would miss out if I didn't order it earlier. I really want to give him the sale during the show but, like in this case, the products will already be out for a few weeks before his first show and the SGGT oil is already on waitlist and the CC is already gone and is only been available for a few days now!

Esteemed Contributor

I think, there may be something to do with more sales during air time = more air time given to a product.

But again, I don't think WEN takes all that much of air time on QVC anyways. What? Like 1-2 days, mostly one, and couple of two hours shows, once a month? This is not that much at all.

So, I really don't know what's up with buying WEN during the show and how it can be that important. Sale, is a sale, is a sale -  to me, and it all boils down to $$$ received! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

I think, there may be something to do with more sales during air time = more air time given to a product.

But again, I don't think WEN takes all that much of air time on QVC anyways. What? Like 1-2 days, mostly one, and couple of two hours shows, once a month? This is not that much at all.

So, I really don't know what's up with buying WEN during the show and how it can be that important. Sale, is a sale, is a sale -  to me, and it all boils down to $$$ received! Smiley Happy

@sonechko However the formula for Chaz's contract works, the sales made while he is actually on air do make a difference, not just for a certain product. This issue came up a couple months ago because Chaz told us this on Periscope and asked us to buy while he is on air if we can to make sure he makes his numbers. I think we never knew this because Periscope is relatively new. He wouldn't have had another appropriate place to explain something  such as this before Periscope. I think he told us this in response to a question from a viewer whether it mattered if he was on air when they ordered their TSV.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

@Kjelle - yes, I remember that also - we were asked to wait so he get the proper "tv" credit. However, with that said, QVC should not necessarily be putting products out 3 weeks in advance if is not going to get the proper credit - all of the sales advance & on air should count IMO

Respected Contributor

I really did not know a seller's air time made a difference but a few months ago I went on QVC's facebook site and posted....I'd wager that when Chaz is on air QVC's ratings soar and they replied....really?  I thought they got miffed at that so I apologized and they said no, we're not angry they just really were surprised I posted that.  It was something I thought for quite a while.  I mean when Ed Sullivan had the Beatles on zillions of people were watching.  I was making an analogy sort of like that.  Oh well, just my 2 cents. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yes, that's something to consider because I've been watching at times and hear, oh, we already sold out and it never aired and I thought how did it sell out, I didn't see it?  If I know about an item I'm in raptures over I want it.  Hey, I just thought of a funny!.....Remember the movie, this is off topic, please forgive me.....Remember, "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane"?  As a child start she wants ice cream after her performance and all fans are back stage and she comes out saying  I WANT AN ICE CREAM!!!  I MAKE THE MONEY SO I CAN HAVE WHAT I WANT!!!  We joke about that all the time because I have it on disc.  I love old movies.  Now, if Chaz can guarantee we all get the item I'd wait but if it's like Wen Men or the peony and btw, I went back and got one at 72.00, my husband's about to strangle me! LOL.  That was my fault though.  I should have gotten more while it was on the Q's site.  I guess we need more information.  Hey, did you guys see the picture Chaz had on his face book site?  It look like something square with a candle on the bottom and someone said it looked like candle.  The heading said something new for later in the year.  Can anyone elaborate? Smiley Happy