WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reviews of the Cucumber Basil Tea EDP!!

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much @Hilary77 for sharing about Cucumber Bazil EDP!

Or - Not! Woman Happy

Because now, I am in turmoil over it! I do not have any of Chaz fragrances yet. Pationatly waiting on Lilac to be my first. Only with the flower fragrance I am willing to step out of my comfort zone, and buy a perfume without smelling it first. I also fascinated with super clean and fresh fragrances, as Hillary describes this Cucumer Bazil is it.

I am NOT big perfume wearer, and only wear perfume when I so love it, that I can't stand not wearing it!

Like @HappyDaze was mentioning - how nice it would be to have a set of trial sizes of Chaz Fragrances! Not singles, of course, don't want to pay $3 shipping for a tiny one!

But a Box of them!

I am sure, they all are great, like everything else coming from Chaz, but still - I want to be able to smell them all and pick MY favorites to go for the Grand Size Bottle. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

p.s. May be a few of us can write to Wen Dooters to ask Chaz for a TRIAL EDP BOX.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@bruingirl wrote:

@Hilary77 wrote:

I just thought I would start a thread for reviews of the new cucumber basil tea EDP. Mine is out for delivery today. I probably won't get it until tomorrow because I had it shipped to my dad's house. It is snowing here, so I don't want to get out on the roads. I will review it as soon as I get it. I can't wait to smell it! What do you think about this new EDP?? 

I smelled a sample months ago and it was love at first whiff Smiley Very Happy

It smells clean, fresh and crisp on me....I ordered as soon as it was presented.  I no longer order when Q loads it....I wait for the presentation to order it's better for team wen Smiley Happy

@bruingirl  I saw this on FB but wasn't certain it was legit, or what it ment since surely a WEN sale is a WEN sale?  Guess there must be something to it.  

Dang! I waited to get some reports from Y'all wonderful Wen Friends, and thanks to @Hilary77  I just ordered.  I remember somewhere about a year ago Chaz said the CA OIL was Sexy (he would knowHeart ), and I LOVE 'green' scents a la BGT!

#notonethindime

@Drythe yes, its legit.  More wen sales during wen shows means more wen shows in the future.  This is why I stopped posting "new" items loaded on Q's site here on the forum. 

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze and @yisbuff2, I really wish he would do mini collections as well, so that Wenners could try a full range of the products. 

He used to have two different 3-piece 1oz Wen Classic Treatment Oil samplers which got discontinued. 

And last December, they discontinued the (6) 6oz Wen Classic Cleansing Conditioner sampler. 

I was disappointed that these samplers had been discontinued because it was a great way to try out these lines. 

With Chaz's EDPs I think it's really essential because I know that I am really hesitant to purchase a full size bottle of an EDP that I don't know will work for my body chemistry. 

Of course, I can always return it but QVC changed their return policy last year and so it's expensive to return an item that you don't like. Of course, it's their company and so it's their rules. But their rules make me very hesitant to try something I'm not really sure of... and so I just won't purchase those products. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 this is where I am at too. There are a few things I wouldn't mind trying but at least $3 s/h ($5 on others) and then the cost to ship it back altogether could cost $10 or more out of pocket with nothing to show for it. So, to me, that is something I am not willing to risk. So I have to really really really want it, no doubts, to buy something on QVC now and, so far, that hasn't really happened except for SMC gallon and SHP CC. So yeah, their rules but also their loss. I am not a big returner either and always try to make something work if I can.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

^ This, what @HappyDaze wrote.

And there is another aspect of it. It's not ONLY the cost of shipping/return involved for me personally.

Also - I really don't feel right about returning used (by me) items back to QVC, and this also means - back to vendor.  I understand - it's a loss for them. I don't like doing it.

Especially if the vendor is Chaz Dean. He is very good to us with plenty of excellent "deals" on great quality products. And though I can't say I NEVER returned things, for I have a handful of times, but I never returned anything from WEN.

With his perfume Line, there are some different and conflicting opinions on these products, and the reviews on product page show that. A lot of reviews are about lack of a staying power, some about the scent itself. This could be possibly because Chaz is just trying his hand at creating perfumes, and it's not easy! Or because people truly have totally different expectations of the perfume, it's scent and staying power.

They probably take a lot of perfume RETURNS. These returns could possibly be almost ELIMINATED, if they would be willing to create a sample box of Minis for everyone to try.

Would be good for us, for Chaz, and for QVC. I think, we should start asking for it, because it only makes sense to offer a trial kit. I understand, he has some more scents in the works, but even now they have enough for a small box of samples. And I am sure, with an offer of a trial siz box, general reviews on big size bottles sold, will greatly improve too.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

^ This, what @HappyDaze wrote.

And there is another aspect of it. It's not ONLY the cost of shipping/return involved for me personally.

Also - I really don't feel right about returning used (by me) items back to QVC, and this also means - back to vendor.  I understand - it's a loss for them. I don't like doing it.

Especially if the vendor is Chaz Dean. He is very good to us with plenty of excellent "deals" on great quality products. And though I can't say I NEVER returned things, for I have a handful of times, but I never returned anything from WEN.

With his perfume Line, there are some different and conflicting opinions on these products, and the reviews on product page show that. A lot of reviews are about lack of a staying power, some about the scent itself. This could be possibly because Chaz is just trying his hand at creating perfumes, and it's not easy! Or because people truly have totally different expectations of the perfume, it's scent and staying power.

They probably takes a lot of perfume RETURNS. These returns could possibly be almost ELIMINATED, if they would be willing to create a sample box of Minis for everyone to try.

Would be good for us, for him, and for QVC. I think, we should start asking for it, because it only makes sense to offer a trial kit. I understand, he has some more scents in the works, but even now they have enough for a small box of samples.

I wish they would also, but the (maybe 1oz oil sets, or smaller) have never showed up, (that I have seen), it would be great to try different scents and then purchase the large size of what worked...(FAS! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze and @yisbuff2, I really wish he would do mini collections as well, so that Wenners could try a full range of the products. 

He used to have two different 3-piece 1oz Wen Classic Treatment Oil samplers which got discontinued. 

And last December, they discontinued the (6) 6oz Wen Classic Cleansing Conditioner sampler. 

I was disappointed that these samplers had been discontinued because it was a great way to try out these lines. 

With Chaz's EDPs I think it's really essential because I know that I am really hesitant to purchase a full size bottle of an EDP that I don't know will work for my body chemistry. 

Of course, I can always return it but QVC changed their return policy last year and so it's expensive to return an item that you don't like. Of course, it's their company and so it's their rules. But their rules make me very hesitant to try something I'm not really sure of... and so I just won't purchase those products. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 this is where I am at too. There are a few things I wouldn't mind trying but at least $3 s/h ($5 on others) and then the cost to ship it back altogether could cost $10 or more out of pocket with nothing to show for it. So, to me, that is something I am not willing to risk. So I have to really really really want it, no doubts, to buy something on QVC now and, so far, that hasn't really happened except for SMC gallon and SHP CC. So yeah, their rules but also their loss. I am not a big returner either and always try to make something work if I can.

@HappyDaze, exactly!! I've never been a big returner either... with QVC or with any other company. I appreciate that I have the opportunity to send an item back, so I have never abused that privilege in probably 35-40 year. 

I've returned exactly three QVC items in probably the past 7-10 years: 

* 613 Eau de TOILETTE -- because the scent only lasted 2-3 minutes, and even then I almost kept it because I really felt bad about returning one of Chaz's products. 

* a Dennis Basso jacket because the inside lining had been completely ripped along the seams. 

* A luncheon special clearance skirt that was close to sold out (it slod out an hour later) -- I purchased two sizes because I was right in the middle. Even the SC rep suggested that I purchase both sizes and just return one of them, and that's what I did. -- And I was really glad that I ordered both sizes because I really was right in the middle and, otherwise, I probably would have ordered the wrong size. 

When QVC changed their return policy last year, I didn't mind as much because they lowered S&H prices. Since then they have slowly increased their shipping prices... even though gasoline prices have been significantly reduced. -- This has the feel of a bait and switch action... so I just took my money marbles and went home. Finis. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

@Drythe, I think you will like this one. The dry down does remind me of the cucumber aloe RTM and oil. The scent is a little different, but only slightly. It has a true cucumber scent, but the other notes in it make it complex and pretty. I kept smelling my hand all day after I sprayed it on. I thought maybe it would be something only for the warmer months, but now, I think this could be worn year round. I can also see why some would say it smells masculine, but it also smells feminine. I think it is a true unisex scent. I don't think I smell like a man when I have it on. It does have an amber note in it, so maybe that is what makes it smell a little masculine. Chaz said it also has patchouli. If it does, it is very mild. It doesn't have a strong patchouli scent at all. This scent is very hard to explain, but cucumber is definitely the main note in this scent. I hope you like it. Please review when you get it. 

@Hilary77

It's on the way!  Thank you for the info.  The male / female scent thingy doesn't bother me.  You're right, what matters is how it smells on you!  I wore and loved a Givenchy male fragrance for years, the scent cops did not come after me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Knock-knock-knock.......

Who is it???????

Open the door Drythe. Now! It's The Perfume POLICE, Maaaaam!

th-1.jpg

Oooooohhhhhhh..... BAM! (sound of a body falling on the floor)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

.....or here is a different scenario, when there is a repeat offense - a Police Perfume Control Squad Unit arriving:

Ta-ra-ta-ra-ta-ra ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!

th.jpg