WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC

@HappyDaze Thanks for the concern Smiley Happy  I would hope that since I've been using Wen exclusively for more than 4 years now I'd have earned the right to share my opinion.

As far as the kids line, I've heard more people say that the SB has the most moisture. I've used all three extensively and they all work the same on my hair. Chaz says they are the same formula except for the scent. The kids apple is my favorite, but I do like and use the others also. I've bought the apple and SB in gallons. They really aren't designed for hair that needs lots of moisture though. I'd say they are medium as far as moisture.  Probably a similar level to SAM and TT maybe? 

There has been a kids set in the past that was all three scents in 16oz bottles. I don't think we got that one last year though. Then they did one that was the CC, detangler ( which I haven't tried) and a comb. I think that one was only available in the apple and watermelon options?? These have come out for holiday time, so they will probably be out Octoberish if they do one this year. 

Since I have SOB and SHP in gallons I decided to get the 16oz kids on AD this year because I can switch scents. So I got watermelon twice and then I switched to apple for the fall. You might want to try that route. You can always cancel of course, if it doesn't work for you. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jaxs mom I do agree with you but be prepared as you may get some not so nice responses to your post even though you have the right to post your thoughts too and should be able to without a backlash. But I know you can handle it. Smiley Wink

I remember when Chaz said that out of the 3 Fall scents- FGP, FAS and FTP, FAS was the spiciest and I was like wait what noooooo, FGP is definitely the spiciest! He has said it several times now so he truly feels that way. FAS is all maple and I don't really consider that spicy. So I always feel like it is just a matter of what our noses pick up, which obviously is not the same across the board. And good point about Winter vanilla mint- it clearly is chocolate mint scent but the name doesn't reflect the chocolatey aspect to it at all.

I actually really would love if he'd expand the kids line and add a few more less sweet scents or at least some with a bit more moisture or, like you mentioned, wish he would have made the other rice based line menthol free. I've been really tempted to try the watermelon kids since I hear it is the most moisturizing but was hoping for a special deal at some point. Are the kids CC ever ODO or special kits or anything?

@HappyDaze. I am a huge user of WK's.. my scalp can do the menthol for a bit, then itchy again.. i have emailed Chaz's CS several times to please expand the kids line.

I am not sure about ODO but that would be great.. the WK is much better on my scalp but i love some of the other CC scents, since my hair isnt long its hard to just use those on the ends.. but i try!..i like all 3 scents but the Hub cant stand the Strawberry/B so i don't order that one anymore.. (he said the smell is so bad it wakes him up!).. its not lol

Super Contributor

I am a fan of the spice! 😃 and was looking for another fall pumpkin type scent, pumpkin gets me doing a happy dance, but I think the new scent, even though not pumpkin
maybe a good mix with my FGP and FAS. Will have to be patient and see, and if true to how most seasonals perform for me it will be used a few times a week in between my fig. And if I like the scent I will stock up on the replenish mists as I always do.
Respected Contributor

@Denise from Canada wrote:
I am a fan of the spice! 😃 and was looking for another fall pumpkin type scent, pumpkin gets me doing a happy dance, but I think the new scent, even though not pumpkin
maybe a good mix with my FGP and FAS. Will have to be patient and see, and if true to how most seasonals perform for me it will be used a few times a week in between my fig. And if I like the scent I will stock up on the replenish mists as I always do.

@Denise from Canada I also think it will mix well with those scents & some others like BGT, MIF, WWC, Wen Men, the spring seasonals, pretty much most of them cuz the scent is so light. I'm looking forward to doing some mixes Woman Wink

Super Contributor

@FleaMktQn, yes it will get blended to create something extra yummy! Lol. I am just going on what everyone has been saying about the scent, who knows I may LUV the scent as is Smiley Happy

I actually asked a customer rep from Chaz Dean on her thoughts on the scent, she said she personally thought it reminded her of white chocolate! That was her take on the scent, that's yum to me as well.
Respected Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:
Okay, during cleansing, the sandalwood scent seemed to fade by being diluted. I could have sworn that a minty smell came to the forefront. But, the smell is not overpowering.

The leave in smells divine. I keep thonking of Shalimar perfume when I smell my hair, so that might be a plus to some who like that scent. I am a fan.

I should be receiving the RTM any day now.

I neither like Sandalwood nor Shalimar.  This is not encouraging on this new scent...

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I just cleansed with it. I have to say the name of the CC is HIGHLY misleading. Zero pumpkin scent, dominated by sandalwood. I like sandalwood well enough, but it's something I'll occasionally burn as incense but that's it. Sure the sandalwood is stronger in the bottle than when cleansing but that's not saying much. I can smell the nutmeg and vanilla. Performance wise, I'll have to wait until my hair is dry but in the shower on my hair it feels similar to using SOB or SHP. I'm really disappointed. If you say it's pumpkin, then give me pumpkin. 

Personally I'm sick and tired of buying Wen that doesn't meet my expectations either scent or performance wise. It seems that very few do I love the scent and the performance and he markets nearly everything as supposedly universal. I'm tired of buying bottles that I need to figure out how to use up. Which is why I have been sticking with the couple ones I know work and not buying the new items as much. 

I'm trying to understand why they even called it Vanilla White Pumpkin if it is mostly Sandalwood?  Why not call it Fall Vanilla Sandalwood?  I guess the first is far more marketable. 

The only one that I thought was really misleading previously was FAS -- I got zero apple and all maple.

If you really don't like it you can always return it.  That does mean you are out the shipping and sometimes that is enough of a reason to keep it and try and use it up.  Maybe using it as a shave cream makes the scent a little less noticeable?

Regular Contributor

I received the replenishing treatment mist duo today in FVWP. Let me first say, i have been using Wen for about 4 years. I love the cleansing conditioners and the replenishing treatment mists I have purchased. I have have color treated hair and it has helped my hair retain its color and shine. My hair was always thick so I did not have to address that issue.   When I sprayed this mist for  the first time, I thought, oh no this smells like inexpensive perfume. So I sprayed again and I was taking note on what I smelling. First, I smelled honey, then I guess I smelled the sandalwood.   I do not smell any vanilla. It's a warm scent.  After having it on a while I smell a powdery scent. To me it's NOT like some of the other Wen scents where you say "wow this is amazing".  The Wen Light EDP I ordered has just shipped. I hope when I smell that I can say "wow this is amazing"!

Regular Contributor

I have never returned a bottle of WEN in all my years, however, this may be a first. I find it to be overpowering with sandalwood and honestly, no offense, but to my nose it smells like a bad old man cologne.   I will try it in the shower tomorrow to see if it smooths out after settling down overnight, but I'm not sure how good my hair would have to look in order for me to overlook the masculine cologne angle. I had so looked forward to this one as FGP is one of my all time favs, scent and performance wise.

Regular Contributor

The poster who said it reminded them of Shalimar hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD!   If you're a fan of that scent, you'll probably really like this seasonal. I am not a fan at all however.   Smiley Sad  I'm encouraged by those reviews which said the sandalwood scent was much lighter in the shower.  Hopefully I won't keep looking over my shoulder tomorrow at work wondering where that old man with the bad cologne is and why he's standing so close to me. Smiley Happy