WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC

@Boxerdoglover wrote:

I am back after a cleanse and a few hours with my Vanilla White Pumpkin hair. My hair "feels/appears" similar to WEN I use SHP (one of my favs). I am thrilled with that. 

I still cannot pinpoint the scent that is strongest for me. It isn't overpowering but is there and lingered lightly about an hour after my cleanse. Maybe clove but seems a bit floral too. Not offensive at all and not anywhere near as potent as FAS, which I love but it is strong.

I hope this helps and someone else can catch the scent better. 

All in all, like it, may come to love it and of course will be ordering the TSV.

Hi @Boxerdoglover, it's good to see you around here again. Smiley Happy Thanks so much for your review of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin (FVWP). I'm a Fall Apple Spice (FAS) fan, and you make FVWP sound really intriguing!!! Smiley Happy I'm glad that you like it so much. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

Not crazy about the scent, I have no idea what it is but I've smelled something similar in some "natural" bath products I bought once.   Like it's been suggested, possibly cloves, definitely not vanilla.  But I can get past that because the performance is excellent - I found it very moisturizing and silky.   I combined it with a little SHP (which helped kill the smell a bit) and my curls were full and bouncy all day.   I would definitely buy it again, and will defiinitely buy the TSV.  I think Chaz has another winner!

@qtrmoonlady1, thanks for sharing your review of it. That's a shame that the scent doesn't work for you, but at least the performance is really good and moisturizing for your hair. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Denise from Canada wrote:
Well mine arrived yesterday, unfortunately it's waiting in Oregon at our vacation property and no one is going down there until October!!!! Aarrrggghhhh! I have to wait to use it! I was hoping to go down next week but hubby's working Smiley Sad. Might try bribing another relative to go down, they need to get away for some vaca lol

Hi @Denise from Canada, it's good to hear from you again. I'm glad that you've figured out a way to get your Wen to Canada!!! Yay!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

Chaz' description confirms it has the honey complex!!

WEN® Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin Cleansing Conditioner is a limited edition blend that is designed to work with all hair types and textures. Our antioxidant rich Four Tea Complex and strengthening Amino Acids blended with Vanilla Bean, Pumpkin, Sandalwood and Honey Extracts are the perfect combination to help maintain moisture, strength, volume and shine.

@HappyDaze, adding to @SurferWife's information, here's the ingredients deck info. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin Cleansing Conditioner - ingredients

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vanilla Bean Fruit Extract, Pumpkin Seed Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Nutmeg Extract, Ginger Root Extract, Orange Flower Extract, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Honey Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Menthol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide­1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide­7, L­Valine, L­Threonine, L­Proline, L­Isoleucine, L­Phenylaline, L­Histidine, L­Alanine, L­Serine, L­Arginine, L­Aspartic Acid, Glycine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate­60, Polysorbate­20, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance. 

___

___

___

Valued Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

One of the reviewers on the product page said that she could not smell any pumpkin in this one. She said she smells mostly honey. Do those of you that have think it smells strongly of honey?? Just curious. 

@Hilary77 When I was at the salon back in January, Chaz used the SC and mousse on me in this scent, VWP. I could smell it for days in my hair, in a good way. I thought I could pick up notes of almonds, but it must have been the vanilla I was smelling. I felt this scent was very appropriate for fall and I really enjoyed it. I'm very interested to smell the actual CC. 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

Thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far, I am desperately checking order status multiple times a day.  Ordered on 8/31, shipped on 9/03, not going to be delivered until 9/12.......<<<SIGH>>>!!!

Frequent Contributor

One quick last comment, although I don't think FALL with the scent, it has grown on me and I like ot alot. 

As for performance, 4th day of using it in my second cleanse and I am loving the moisture sheen that it gives to my hair. I am one of those every day cleansers.

Hope some easy pays and A/S are coming around the 23rd.

Valued Contributor

@Boxerdoglover wrote:

One quick last comment, although I don't think FALL with the scent, it has grown on me and I like ot alot. 

As for performance, 4th day of using it in my second cleanse and I am loving the moisture sheen that it gives to my hair. I am one of those every day cleansers.

Hope some easy pays and A/S are coming around the 23rd.

@Boxerdoglover - I'm sure the scent will grow on me, too, because I certainly agree that the moisture and sheen are so lovely.   In fact, and this is just my opinion, this formula to me feels like the silkiest and smoothest of all the cc's.  I also cleanse my hair every day - I will be using this alot. Can't wait until 9/23!

Honored Contributor

@Boxerdoglover wrote:

Mine just arrived, I ripped the box open and put a blob on my hands. It is not as strong as FAS, just a slight bit spicy.  I smell zero vanilla.  I like it. I will post a performance review tomorrow after I cleanse. I so want to do that now, but off to other obligations.  Anxious to hear other thoughta

To be fair, gasoline is barely stronger than Fall Apple Spice. That stuff is potent.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I didn't notice clove on the ingredient list, but I might be. I did see nutmeg though. I'm still waiting to see if it actually smells like pumpkin. Because if it doesn't have pumpkin scent and it's just spices, I am not going to be happy. 

I didn't see the ingredient list and can't seem to find it right now. If it lists Fragrance, that could be where clove comes in. Fragrance can be a proprietary combination of anything at all.