WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Reviews of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC

Lol! What honesty has to do with a personal perception of a scent? It just that - a perception. More like only an opinion, not "honesty".
Respected Contributor

After reading everyone's posts on the subject, I went ahead and reviewed the VWP CC I am sending back, but I'll bet the Q doesn't publish my reviews, since I only gave it one star.  The Q has only ever published my good reviews, they ignore my bad ones.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP wrote:

After reading everyone's posts on the subject, I went ahead and reviewed the VWP CC I am sending back, but I'll bet the Q doesn't publish my reviews, since I only gave it one star.  The Q has only ever published my good reviews, they ignore my bad ones.

Your review is there @CamilleP.  Right now it's split, two 1's and two 5's.  I guess this a love it or hate it scent.  Not the first time we've seen that.  FAS was the same.  That was one scent I disliked.

Regular Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@CamilleP wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

just want to remind all the gals that received the new Fall scent to post your reviews so they're up for Chaz's visit.

Actually, I am going to not post a review, since my opinions might turn someone off from trying the new seasonal.  Lots of users so far are loving this one, but I am not one of them.  This is going to be the second bottle of WEN that I actually send back, I used it a second time last night and my results and the scent together tipped me into the "I want my money back" camp.  Makes me sad, I want to love everything Chaz makes, but my scalp sometimes over-rules me.

@CamilleP I think you should be truthful and post. Nothing is more frustrating to me than waiting for reviews then only reading positive reviews then getting the item and not loving it only to read later about the same issues I experienced and wished others would have posted before I purchased. I think most people don't make a decision whether or not to try something based on one or two reviews but it is the big picture they tend to look at. I personally don't think it is necessarily better to give a poster a skewed view of a product than it is to be honest and post a review and let them get a broader picture and then make  decision based on more information. Plus, I hate being wasteful so if I can avoid purchasing a product I may not like then I can be less wasteful.

Just my two cents.

ITA, I always want to know both sides before deciding. In fact it's really annoying when only cheerleader reviews show up because I don't feel like I can trust those.

Well, I posted my negative review... I use the reviews A LOT when determining whether to purchase a product or not and appreciate all view points. I should have waited for the reviews to come in here before purchasing (too impatient and excited for a new scent I guess), as it would have saved me the cost and trouble of shipping it back.  Lesson learned for future scents! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I posted a 1 star as well - I did see a few other one stars re the FWVP so we'll see... I will find it interesting to see how Chaz describes this new scent in the presentations. I'm sure either he or his staff read these threads. Hopefully they'll bring the sandalwood scent to the forefront so consumers know what they're getting.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the CC, oil and RTM.  I haven't posted my review yet since I may give or take a star based on the description.  I rely on reviews before making purchases and don't care for reviews based on issues other than the product (shipping times, lack of sizes, etc).  This is definitely not what I expected scentwise due to the name but to be fair, there is no description available yet.  I just assumed that since it is called Vanilla White Pumpkin that I would smell a lot of vanilla and some pumpkin.

For reference, I have tried every seasonal except SGGT and WWC. They all (except SMC and SGP which are somewhat drying) perform well on my very curly hair.  I don't have wavy hair with a little curl, I have truly curly hair that will curl regardless of product. For me, I am looking for products that control frizz.  I don't have a problem with dryness and my hair has never been colored but the wrong product can definitely dry out my hair.  

The new CC gives me great results, is very moisturizing.  The smell is different in the shower than when I first smelled it in the bottle. I really didn't know what to make of it when I ripped it open. The oil was the only one I opened and actually smelled vanilla and something nutty.  I don't love the scent right now but I think it will grow on me.  I definitely think of it as a fall or winter scent because it is too robust for spring or summer.  I uaually do not care for strong scents but I do like FAS (surprising for me).  This reminds me of cold weather and my cream cowl cashmere sweater with boots.  It just is not what I expected.  If this had a little more vanilla, I could see wanting a body wash in it.   I think I am smelling the sandlewood more than anything else.  

I have to give Chaz credit for branching out into something different.  This scent seems like something I would smell in an upscale bath and body line.  I recently traveled and made a lot of connections. This is something I could picture in one of the international airport duty free stores with the Jo Malone, etc. (I had a lot of long layovers at a lot of different airports).  I really wanted to smell mostly vanilla then some pumpkin (which I don't) but I am ok with it.   I think it would have helped if there was a description of the scent before I jumped to order it.  I can only blame myself for that. 

Honored Contributor

@Doherty Excellent review thank you! Your description of the scent reminding you of something that could be found in upscale bath and body places actually intrigues me and a few other posters descriptions of the scent does as well (we love sandalwood scents) but I think the thing holding me back is how strong people are saying the scent is. I don't want another FAS experience honestly, even if performance is good. 

And i know what you mean about getting excited to try something before description or reviews are available so you just jump right in. I did that with PJP to a degree because I love jasmine but I regretted it and many reviews now say what I thought about the scent regarding the lack of jasmine so I could have saved money and waste if I only waited. Oh well lesson learned.

Who knows if any of my friends decide to purchase it I will give it a sniff test and see what I think. I did not initially like shl scent directly out of the bottle because of the strong menthol scent but out of the bottle and on my hair it smells wonderful, one of my top WEN scents.

Respected Contributor

Okay everyone, I have to say I think this is my new holy grail cc!!! I love it!!! The first time I used it, I was like "eh, it's ok". The second time I used it, I was like, "Wow"! The third time I used it I was like, "This is the best cc I have ever used!" I even have to post a new thread singing it's praises. The shine this gives my hair is out of this world!!!

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Frequent Contributor

I received and used my FVWP oil as a scalp treatment last night. The scent is lovely but I think the problem is the name of it. As for a sandalwood scent with a bit of vanilla it is great and it definitly has some beautiful depth to it which I would describe if I had the knowledge to accuratly do so. If it was named vanilla sandalwood then I believe the people who love that type of scent would be jumping on it and thinking it is wonderful. However, you have the people who like pumpkin and were essentially hoping for pumpkin pie when they ordered it being dissapointed instead. What I'm basically saying is that if you like sandalwood you should give this a try because it is a beautiful version of that, but if you were wanting it for pumpkin and you don't like sandalwood then you will most likely not care for it. I hope this helps someone! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@picco wrote:

@CamilleP wrote:

I posted a 1 star as well - I did see a few other one stars re the FWVP so we'll see... I will find it interesting to see how Chaz describes this new scent in the presentations. I'm sure either he or his staff read these threads. Hopefully they'll bring the sandalwood scent to the forefront so consumers know what they're getting.

@picco I agree. I really want to hear how Chaz describes the scent because surely he isn't going to tell us that it's a vanilla and pumpkin scent!