WEN

Esteemed Contributor

ðŸ’¡!!!

Remoist + Indigo = my new treatment.

Hate the Remoist treatment waiting time?  Me too.

Hate waiting for the maximum Indigo effect?  Me too.

Might as well put them together and get both done at the same time. 😉

After I applied Remoist for a treatment, I added 3 pumps of Indigo and combed that through too. I kept it close but not on my just cleaned scalp.

Plopped it in a big floursack dishtowel and blew 3 hours before rinsing it out in the kitchen sink. Sun was shining, so my hair got the heat treatment too.

ðŸ’˜ Love it!!!

Will definitely do this again.

Bonus: The Remoist kept the Indigo from drying out my hair.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Hedge,

A while ago I did this too and wrote about it.  I'm surprised someone else did too!  What I did was, before I apply the ReMoist I cleanse, rinse and repeat with the Indigo and then apply the ReMoist, comb it through and put on shower cap for the night.  However, I would apply some Indigo before the ReMoist and leave it on all night.  Next morning my hair was amazing, nice and icy, toned down, no brassy platinum.  I even told Chaz on his fan page I did that!  Hey that's great!  I have a 32 and change left of Indigo and the Q has it now but I went for the plain Bella one and it said advanced order so I guess they need to get it in.  Oh well, but yes, I think the two together are great!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @77yangya

Truth is, I hate washing my hair with Indigo, so my Indigo bottle just sits there.

Like with any other WEN CC, I would've needed around 15 pumps of Indigo if I'd used it for cleansing.

But I'd just Wenwashed with SCLV,

so I only wanted the toning from it.

Indigo pigments penetrated my clean, wet hair, giving me the toning without going through an Indigo cleanse.

I'd guesstimate I combed in 1/3 to 1/2 parts Bella Indigo versus Remoist. 

Another bonus: serious reduction in Bella scent and blue spatter cleanup versus using it for a cleansing.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Hedge, Oh, you don't like cleansing with Indigo.  Well, first of all, I love the Coconut Lime scent too.  I always get the NBT when it comes to the Q. 

At least your Indigo will last a long time since you're only using it without using it for cleansing.  Well, I guess you know what I mean.  LOL!

So you apply 1/3 to 1/2 parts ReMoist Indigo.  I kind of did that but I cleansed with the Indigo too.  I applied a handfull of the Indigo before I applied the ReMoist.  I love the toning affect too.  My husband even noticed the affect.  My Indigo goes quickly so I'm a bit stingy with it!

I see some have that issue with the clean up of Indigo.  When I do my ReMoist which is in the kitchen sink, yeah, it splatters here and there but I just wipe it with a wetted down paper towel.  I don't like bending over the sink but I want to do my treatments once per week, I think it's important to having hair that's alive.  I like your avatar.  We have a kitty!

Esteemed Contributor

Lol!!!@yangya  You made me realize the ratio didn't make sense the way I wrote it.

I was trying to say it was about 50-66% Remoist to 33-50% Indigo. 

Planning to do this again today, leaving it on 30 to 60 minutes but with added heat, which speeds up the action.

Esteemed Contributor

Finally found a good use for those cute little 4ounce Remoist jars.

I'm now pre-mixing the Remoist and Indigo. Applying my indigo hydrating mask where I need it most.20190923_150159.jpg

Brassy older hair on the ends and about 3/4 of the way upward. Continue to experience much less blue spatter cleanup.