WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Recovering from general anaesthesia hairloss?

@CamilleP  I have not had recent surgery, but do use Wen everyday..

I think adding a bit more of TT can't hurt, & everyday I get to pick a wonderful WEN to use, so that always lifts my "mood"...It's like a spa day everyday..Smiley Happy

The meds will leave your system soon, (from past surgery experience) & I am sure your hair loss will stop...feel better...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thank you, Quadmimi, I feel elated today because I was able to drive to the park and walk my dogs for the first time in a week.  Luckily my surgical knee is the left one, so driving is easy.  My DH has been taking the dogs down to our fenced pasture to run this past week, but the dogs really enjoy their chance to socialize with their friends at the park, so they were really happy, even though we only met one dog today, it's bitterly cold and snowy here in Western Oregon, and not a lot of people are even going out if they don't have to.  I was grateful to make it back up our driveway, my DH's Prius couldn't do it yesterday, but my Honda CRV had better luck today, which is good, given that walking up our driveway would have been excruciating on this bum knee.

Trusted Contributor

I had a knee scope/Meniscus tear surgery in August and a total knee replacement on Nov. 21 and my hair loss has been awful. I truly think the anesthesia and pain meds have been the culprit, but also the stress of the surgery and being in so much pain for so long has been a contributing factor as well. I'm hoping it will slow down....fingers crossed. At this rate, I'll be bald.🙁

Esteemed Contributor

Hi CamilleP -- I normally post with you in the Pet Lovers forum, but saw your thread.

I had total knee replacement in Oct. 2015, and I had hair thinning/loss too -- ii took about a year for it to rebound, but it did.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Telogen effluvium is one ,of the most common and misunderstood, type of hair loss. It should be renamed blameonWen effluvium.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

Grandmapetes, were those surgeries on the same knee?  Either way, ouch!  I get you on the unceasing pain, it really stinks!   Have you used any WEN products that seem to help your hair?  I'm putting my eggs in the TT oil basket, it's already done my scalp so much good.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Sammycat!  Cinder Cairn (14) and Johnny Scottie (5) send "Happy New Year!" slurpies to Frankie and Fay Wray, and wish them improved health and much comfort in the New Year as well.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I had knee surgery a week ago, and I'm noticing more strands of hair coming out after a shower  since then.   Would increasing the frequency of scalp oil treatments help, or do I just have to live with it until my body recovers?  I usually just do once-a-week TT oil and that keeps my scalp happy and my hair growing well, but if twice-a-week would speed my scalp's recovery and stop the hair loss sooner I'll gladly step up the pace!

@CamilleP

As a 2 time knee replacement ?recipent?, I'm looking at a revision on one in March.  I can say that unfortunately General anesthesia can cause hair loss, and did both times with me.  I'm expecting the same with the third. Smiley Sad

As as mentioned above the pre surgery documents I signed mentioned hair loss.  Mine lasted about six months.  I followed my usual WEN cleansing. routine, upped oil treatments, and brushed regularly with a soft boar bristled brush.  My hair returned as happy and healthy as ever.

THANK YOU WEN!  Best wishes to you and enjoy the new knee!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@OMG @MalteseMomma I am so sorry for the stress this has caused.and after surgery too!!! I wish I could give you a big hug right now! People wonder why I refuse to take on stray friends, renters, even family  LOLOL! I think we do need a Spa Day or a good drunk hahahahaha. If you ever want to talk.........I am here for ya. Geez the disasters that can happen that can reak havoc and chaos. You certainly dont need it at this time in your life. Should be peaceful and a time of enjoyment!

Is GS (what is a GS? I know im computer challenged LOL) helping to rectify this mix up (me hopes???)

And no wonder we are losing hair!! If that tree tree works I may try it but egaaads I dont even know if a Hair Max will help those intense stress related affects on skin, hair. I too noticed some mental changes post OP these past weeks and I wonder if the stress and age, illness can do that too? Surgury is a stressor for sure. Please let me know how you are doing. Hugs my friend. Animals are better renters arent they? LOL (trying to make you smile) Did you rest last night at all? xoxoxoxox Stormy

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP I hope your kneee is feeling better today. Does the cold bother it more? Had 9 leg surgeries and the cold affects mine but is nerve related and that stuff. I hope you enjoy the walk with those furry friends!! xoxoxoxo Stormy