WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Received old product in ODO, very disappointed

I bet being old + stored in a hot warehouse or a hot UPS/USPS truck the glue from the seal melts and the movement in shipping causes it to shift.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

The same thing happened to me too last week. . Two 20 oz body Treatments. Over 1 year old.May and  June 2016.  There are some people on this forum  they say its okay to pay top $$$ and just accept old products. Do they work for  Wen ???.  

I dont care if that's the date the product was made or if it is expired. Its the same to me. When I pay a lot of money for Wen products I want it as fresh as possible, not already over 1 year old. I usually always receive fresh Wen products, except this time. I did not have to pay for the return, QVC paid for it. Return the products or exchange them for new. I did that. You do not have to pay for the return.

To the people who try to convince us to just keep the old products, you go ahead and use your old products . Not us.

If my Body Treatments are already over 1 year old, as some people on this forum say, the product is still good for  2 years etc...,  well, then that takes away 1 year from the time I could use the product , right ?????

Frequent Contributor

Maybe the old stock are customers' unopened  returns ????

I bet there are many people shopping on QVC who are ordering on  easy pay and then later realize they cant affort to pay easy pays. Or the items. 

Unopend Wen products then are sent back ???

And we buy them later.

Trusted Contributor

@akdld It is two years once opened. The product can be stored indefinitely if it is still sealed. 

Occasional Contributor

I wonder if anyone from the QVC world is going to put their 2 cents in on this forum...So, we can go round and round, but until someone from QVC tells us their procedure, we really don't know for sure..

Esteemed Contributor

@Hot2 wrote:

I wonder if anyone from the QVC world is going to put their 2 cents in on this forum...So, we can go round and round, but until someone from QVC tells us their procedure, we really don't know for sure..

No one is going "round and round" @Hot2.

Expiration dates are in the future. There are no expiration dates on WEN products.

Manufacturing dates are in the past.The dates on the bottom of the WEN packages are all manufacturing dates.

Don't be surprised that we've already asked chazdean.com the same questions about product age, storage, effectiveness etc, have discussed it here, and can give you an answer.

@akdld  doesnt like the answer. But that doesn't change the answer.

But don't take our answers. Get your own!

Email your question to customerservice@chazdean.com

Or call them at the number Chaz puts on every product to be sure you get answers to your questions.

Chaz isn't just some product rep that stands in front of the camera and sells. He created this product. He knows this product. He tests this product. He puts his name on it. AND he makes himself available to us and answers our questions about his product.

Customer service at QVC doesn't know diddly-squat about one product and the next. The easiest way for them to take care of your phone call is to say three little words,  "Send it back".

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueinsf wrote:

If I am reading the date correctly, my SHP CC is also from May 2014.  It seems hard to believe that they still have 2014 stock to get rid of, considering how much time they've had to sell it and it's so popular.  Are we sure we are reading those numbers correctly?

EffJuly 2017 

They've had 10 months to sell it, not 37. @sueinsf

June July  August of  2014, '15, & '16.plus June of '17.

And don't forget many customers suspending their usual WEN buying for a year or so, waiting for the lawsuit to be settled. I'd imagine new production slowed down when sales slowed down.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

If I am reading the date correctly, my SHP CC is also from May 2014.  It seems hard to believe that they still have 2014 stock to get rid of, considering how much time they've had to sell it and it's so popular.  Are we sure we are reading those numbers correctly?

EffJuly 2017 

They've had 10 months to sell it, not 37. @sueinsf

June July  August of  2014, '15, & '16.plus June of '17.

And don't forget many customers suspending their usual WEN buying for a year or so, waiting for the lawsuit to be settled. I'd imagine new production slowed down when sales slowed down.

Yes, good point @x Hedge.  But I would still think that in 3 summer seasons they could have sold that.  Maybe not.  Or else QVC doesn't know how to rotate their stock.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

My point exactly.... I am not badmouthing Chaz at Wen at all...I was just indicating that maybe QVC needs to inform us on this forum about how they rotate products, that's all.  I did call WEN at customer service to get my answer that I needed on another product ......I just wish that someone at QVC would chime in on their procedure of how they handle their inventory....I see a QVC Contributor on this blog once in a while.

Respected Contributor

It's not just QVC that sends out old product, though. If you order from Chaz's own website the products are just as old, if not older.