WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Rats - I have a problem!!

Buck-i-nana, I cut my mid-back length super-straight hair a little over a year ago, first to a long bob, then to a pixie, then, months later after much growth, it's now in a short bob.  Worst mistake I could have made!  When my hair is long, I can cleanse, let it air-dry overnight, brush it out the next morning, and it's a shiny waterfall of gold and silver.  If I need it out of the way, I can use a banana clip or a pony tail, but I don't have to fuss with it at all to have it look beautiful.  Now that it's short, I have to do *something* with it, either blow-dry with a round brush or use a heat-styling tool, or it's just a scraggy mess.  So my recommendation is that you let your hair get longer, buy yourself a few pretty banana clips for when it's hot outside, and get trims once you get it to a comfortable length you can style if you want, or let it flow like rose gold silk, enhanced by the beauty of WEN products.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana

Now, This is a problem everyone would like to have!

Go Chaz! 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

Okay, @Buck-i-Nana, inquiring minds need to know! Exactly what WEN products are you using? I have the same hair issues you spoke of...part getting wider and wider....thinning at the temples. I had knee surgery 3 months ago and I feel the anesthesia has made the thinning even worse and my hair is falling out much more then normal. I'm shedding worse then any dog you've ever seen. Ha! I tried WEN many, many years ago but just couldn't seem to get into it. Would really love to have the current "problem" you have.

Thanks for any information.

pup

@pupwhipped - Anesthesia does mess with your hair and it takes a while for that to resolve.  That said though, any help you can get right?  Anyway, I use Tea Tree for my first cleanse ALWAYS.  I follow that with one of a number of seasonals that I like, which includes the Summer Honey Peach or Honey Lilac, or the Orange Blossom.  I stocked up on those as they worked so well for me.  After I cleanse, I hand squeeze out the excess water then wrap my hair in a turbi-twist while I finish drying off and doing my skin care stuff.  I don't rub my hair with the turbi twist, just let it absorb.  Before I dry (only on low temp) I rub a couple drops of one of his oils (again, I have the seasonals) in my hands and then run through my hair.

Oh, for the record, I'm 63 and that's my natural color no dye.

@Buck-i-Nana, thanks so much for the reply! And yes, as you said, any help I can get I'll take for this scrawny scalp of mine. Ha!

Thank you,

pup  

Respected Contributor

I had long hair til I was in my 30's (and way before WEN, lol!), and it was thick and very hot in the summer. It was SO thick and heavy that putting it up just made my head ache. And nothing would hold it in a ponytail. Once I finally cut it, I swore I'd never go back...and I haven't. I'm 61 now, and my hair hasn't been longer than chin-length in years. I don't care HOW beautiful WEN makes my hair (and it does), I just cannot stand it long. I tried the pixie cut, too...it looked really cute, but just wasn't the "do" for me.

Super Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana you have beautiful hair!  So happy the WEN is working out so well for you.  I have very thick hair and hot flashes and get the whole "hot" thing.  I have my hair layered and keep in no longer than my shoulders.  Just lightens the load.  It's not the perfect solution but for me I think it works best.  I also had the widening part and hair loss but WEN fixed all that for me.  My hair has never looked better or been in better condition.  And those are the words of my hairdresser.  Smiley Happy