WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RECEIVED LETTER FROM QVC

@LindaSal, @GSPgirl, you mis-read or mis-understood.
'Buying too much' doesn't even make sense.
The issue is when you order and cancel too often, or order and return too frequently. See @gizmogal above for further explanation.
Esteemed Contributor

Got mine.  I guess it is one less piece of mail I get which is good. Most of my mail this time of year is  catalogues.  I pay my bills online so advertising is what fills up my rural delivery box.

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge, Yeah, I go to other forums but since I'm a 100% Wen girl, going on nine years straight, this one's my favorite.  I'm aware they don't want to spend money on sending out a magazine. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, bakergirl, I know it has NOTHING to do with Wen.  I just enjoyed looking around in the magazine with it in my hand so that if I see something I want/like, I can get it. 

As far as ordering and canceling, I had no idea that QVC even sent out letters in reference to this but if they did/do, I don't blame them.  They should not have to endure this kind of nonsense.

Since I've been on the boards, I know that some do play these games and then bash QVC.  I have always had wonderful customer service with QVC.

Valued Contributor

I don't mind not getting the magazine anymore but wish they would send the program guide like they used to. Even included in a package is okay. 

Honored Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

wish they would send the program guide like they used to. Even included in a package is okay. 

@frenchie

It is now a PDF which you can now download.

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at Sun, Dec 10, 2017-1.02.29 PM.png

http://www.qvc.com/html/program_guide/pdf/QVC_Program_Guide.pdf

HTH

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@haddon9 There is actually a letter that they send out that states you buy or cancel too much!!??    OMG, now I've heard it all.   So losing respect for this organization!!

@LindaSal  I meant to say cancel & return too much!

Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl @gizmogal @Hedge   Thanks for the explanations.  I didn't realize they did this.  I hardly ever cancel but sometimes after thinking about an item and realizing I really don't need it or need to spend the money I have canceled an order.   Same with auto ship.  Sometimes I find the same product on Amazon for much less $ and free shipping and no tax.  That is a substantial savings, so I have canceled that also.  I do think I would be offended though if I ever got a letter like that.  I think I would close my account for sure.   They need to be more competetive, I know they are losing me slow but sure.

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@GSPgirl @gizmogal@x Hedge   Thanks for the explanations.  I didn't realize they did this.  I hardly ever cancel but sometimes after thinking about an item and realizing I really don't need it or need to spend the money I have canceled an order.   Same with auto ship.  Sometimes I find the same product on Amazon for much less $ and free shipping and no tax.  That is a substantial savings, so I have canceled that also.  I do think I would be offended though if I ever got a letter like that.  I think I would close my account for sure.   They need to be more competetive, I know they are losing me slow but sure.

If you got a letter like that, you wouldn’t have to think about closing your account. Most of the letters informing someone they are canceling too much or returning items too frequently are letters informing the recipient that  their account is being closed or suspended. They don’t leave it for the cancellation/returns overuser customer to get miffed at the letter and leave. They tell the person they are closed down. QVC will not much care about losing that customer. Customer can be sore, but no longer a customer. 

Your occasional cancellations sound  pretty much the way all of us manage our purchase decisions. Finding a better deal or product dissatisfaction are valid reasons to give up auto delivery. Don’t focus on this policy of QVC. It’s not applied frequently, and your purchase standards sound more than acceptable.  Giving QVC up for hypothetical reasons for policies mentioned but not applying to you directly is of questionable benefit. Withdrawing your business relationship with QVC for reasons of your own experience is certainly appropriate. 

I disagree strongly with some of the policies enforced by the Moderators of this board. And I might just stop posting and contributing if I get roused enough about it. But I still buy pants that fit great and wear well at a good price from Denim & Co.   I balance my perceptions about some policy with my practical comfort getting things I want to buy shipped to my home. 

Honored Contributor

No letter for me, about the insider. I am frequently on other forums, didn’t notice it there either - oh well.  I must have been bad.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras