WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for long time Wen users

A little late to this...3 year user here! I have always mixed a classic and a seasonal. I found that if I used 2 bottles of the same formula in a row, the results were just not as good--even if one of the other "mixers" was different, i.e. Lavender/SHP, then Lavender/SHL. Just didn't feel the same. So now, every time I replace a bottle it's with another formula.

The only one I ever had to STOP using was 613. As my hair got healthier, I just didn't need all that treatment.

Frequent Contributor

I have been using Wen for 10 years and I also started with Fig but soon I had to use something different, it weighed down my hair. I currently use MIF, 613, CLV, SHP and CA for clarifying weekly. I am not able to use any CC more than two days in a row without build up. I found the perfect system for me is to change daily or only skip one day between washings and with this I get wonderful results. I have waist length medium thick hair. 

Valued Contributor

Used the CC for many years and tried almost all of them up to that date. Just got tired of the cleanse,rinse and repeat routine...too time consuming.

Since I started to have Keratin treatments on my hair, my hairdresser can only guarantee the treatment using what she recommends for cleansing and conditioning.

I do continue to use the mists and the oil which helps facilitate the keratin shampoo and conditioner.  Best of both worlds.....faster cleansing/conditioning and in between mists/oil.

Great combination for me! 

Esteemed Contributor

Jax, yes.  YES!  I have to change more frequently though.  I blame it on my hair being bipolar.

I started with Wen Fig.  That no longer works for me.

When I first tried Wen CA, it dried my hair out something terrible.  Now, my hair loves it.

SAM, I could use regularly with no problem.  Now, if I use it more than two consecutive cleanses, my hair gets dry pretty quickly.

My hair and BGT were mortal enemies when I first tried it.  Now, it make my hair lush and my curls defined.

FTP, 613 and TT have remained consistent.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Funny I just read this question because today I have deceided to switch after all these many yrs....lol..

I have been using Lavender  since the day Chaz came out with it..............(lav junkie)

Lately I have begun to dislike the menthol scent in it so much I was beginning to hate using it

So I bought a seasonal,something I do not usually do  and my hair looks great today.So much better than it ever looked before.

So I think I'll start switching around ......... Smiley Happy

BTW.........what is in, or is not in, the seasonals that the regulars have or do not have?

Esteemed Contributor

MM, the seasonals are supposed to address how the seasons affect the hair.

For my hair, Fall Tuscan Pear gives me good results year round, but Summer Honey Peach was an epic fail during the summer.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Funny I just read this question because today I have deceided to switch after all these many yrs....lol..

I have been using Lavender  since the day Chaz came out with it..............(lav junkie)

Lately I have begun to dislike the menthol scent in it so much I was beginning to hate using it

So I bought a seasonal,something I do not usually do  and my hair looks great today.So much better than it ever looked before.

So I think I'll start switching around ......... Smiley Happy

BTW.........what is in, or is not in, the seasonals that the regulars have or do not have?

The only differences I know of is the last few seasonals (Summer Honey Peach, Spring Honey Lilac, Summer Coconut Lime Verbena, Winter White Citrus, and now Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin) have some form of honey in them. They are also soy-based formulas, whereas all the Classics--except for POM, which is also soy-based)--are wheat-based. Mixiing a Seasonal with a Classic or Rice formula has always given me the best results---even better with the newer Seasonals!

Honored Contributor

I have a question for all of you who talk about "mixing".  Do you mean literally mixing a couple of different formulas together each day when you cleanse or do you mean changing what you use each day?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this!  So far I've simply used what I have open.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

I have a question for all of you who talk about "mixing".  Do you mean literally mixing a couple of different formulas together each day when you cleanse or do you mean changing what you use each day?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this!  So far I've simply used what I have open.

@Venezia Welcome to the Wen forum Smiley Very Happy

Yes we mean mixing 2 sometimes more formulas together in a single cleanse. I mix a lot, also change formulas for the 1st & 2nd cleanses. I have about 15 open CC bottles as well as multiple open SCs & mousses Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn - Thank you!  I'm going to try doing that.  Smiley Happy