WEN

Respected Contributor

Question for WorldTraveler re: Indigo CC

I'm very eager to see this new CC, since I'm blonde going grey, and  a blue/purple tone would certainly enhance my natural color, but I'm concerned about the formula.  Since you've seen the product, I hope you can help me.  I went to Chaz's website but that CC isn't showing up yet, not surprising since it's not for sale.  However, that also means I can't find the ingredient list.  Do you remember if the honey complex is used in this CC?   And is lavender oil a significant ingredient, or is it further down the list, mostly for fragrance?  Thanks for any info you can provide, WorldTraveler!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for WorldTraveler re: Indigo CC

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP Unfortunately, I am unable to give any help on this. 

When I went for my haircut a couple of weeks ago, Chaz told his assistant to try the Indigo on me. I didn't know anything about it other than it could tone down brassiness, enhances your natural color, etc. He told me that I did not have a problem with brassiness, nor did I have a problem with any yellowing in my hair. He wanted to show me what it could do on natural colored hair. It did add a lot of dimension to my hair, brightening it up. It's like adding depth to your color.

There was no labeled bottle that was used; it was a plain bottle with no description on it, nor listing the ingredients. In fact, he had to ask someone to go get it for my wash. It wasn't sitting there by the wash bowls. I discuss all he said about it to me in my thread about my recent visit to the salon if you want to read that.

He told me to mix it in with my favorite cleansing conditioner. It does not matter if you add it in to your first cleanse or your second cleanse, or both. So, from that, I don't think you would use it alone. Will be interesting to hear him describe it and whether he says to mix it only or use it alone.

I don't know if the Periscope is still available, as he spent about 10 minutes showing and talking about Indigo while his assistant was applying it to my hair. If you get a chance, you might check it out. Hopefully, it is still available.

Sorry I can't be more help. Perhaps someone else has more information.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, World Traveler.  Do you remember if it had a strong lavender scent to it?  I may have to just buy it and try it to see if it makes my scalp irritated.  Hopefully the ingredient list will be online when it debuts on the Q.  Thanks again for trying to help!

Respected Contributor

Hi, World Traveler.  I kind of had reservations about posting on the Indigo.  What Chaz was using sounds like a prototype, not really ready to be rolled out yet.  I guess that's why it won't be offered until September. 

I believe it IS mostly for people who have "sparkles" as Chaz refers to them, people with either salt and pepper hair or hair that is platinum, NATURALLY.  This would include you and me, World Traveler.  My hair is 95% platinum but not color treated.  I lost my hair color very early. 

I'm guessing anyone can use this when it's available but mostly targeted for people who want to tone down the stark platinum.  It's quite a paradox because this color seems to be the rage right now!  LOL!  Even people who are blonde and want to make it a "warmer" blonde or more honey blonde.

I see it's not something that deposits color like dye.  It looks completely safe and the longer it's left on the more pronounced the effect.  I heard Chaz say in the periscope, that Jack or someone, put it on and went under the halo for a little while.  This will make it more effective.  Depends on what one wants their hair to be like.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot, World Traveler.  I watch that periscope over and over.  Love the way Chaz said, okay, she's gonna look like a Smurf now.  I laughed!  Very cute.  You're a really pretty lady, World Traveler!  Such eyes!!!  WOW!

I know it's silly, but I feel uncomfortable with parting with privacy in putting my picture on line.  This is OT but right now, I'm enjoying Winter Red Currant, the Parfume and the NBT after my shower this morning.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya Yes, the Smurf comment was funny. LOL!!  

Indigo out of the bottle is blue/purple and very deep in color. Then when they mix it with water it turns an icy light blue, then dissipates.

I got the feeling that they had not used it much at the salon, because he had to tell the assistant how much to put on my hair, how much to work it in, and how long to let it stay on my hair. Or perhaps, it was just this assistant who had not done it before or a lot.

I will definitely be purchasing a bottle of it. 

Respected Contributor

Hi World Traveler, yes, I noticed that.  I saw the person did not seem too familiar with it.  I kind of had that feeling while watching.  I heard Chaz say, okay, and then I saw a hand with a decent size blob of it.  It was a rich purple and then when they applied it, it turned a deep, royal blue color. 

Me too!  As soon as it's available, I'll be getting it.  I want my platinum toned down.  It looks like Chaz is using it.  Chaz's hair always looks great though.

I kept saying to myself, while watching the Wen shows on the Q, I think Jack and the model from Florida (long blonde hair) their hair looks bumped up!  I thought it was my imagination.  Chaz said Jack loves it! 

I miss my brown hair.  I just didn't like that it had a lot of red pigmentation in it.  When I began to color it, I would use ash brown to tone down the red.  I guess the grass is always greener!  LOL!

Regular Contributor

Do you think it could be used as the leave-in conditioner for an indigo tone?
I’ve used blue shampoo before and it did nothing for my brassy brown hair...I don’t have very high expectations for this (for brown hair, that is). But wonder if used as a leave-in it might work.
Honored Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

I’ve used blue shampoo before and it did nothing for my brassy brown hair...I don’t have very high expectations for this (for brown hair, that is). But wonder if used as a leave-in it might work.

@Greenqueen Many, many years ago, salons would always use the "purple shampoo" in my hair; it was a rinse that washed out. They were dealing with yellowing in my natural gray hair.

Indigo is NOTHING like those purple shampoos and how they perform. When I kept referring to the purple shampoo/rinse I used to have, Chaz kept correcting me. And, indeed, rightfully so. It takes your hair, any color (or natural) hair to a new dimension. It bumps it up a notch.

I immediately noticed when I sat down and he started cutting my hair that there was something different, something that was giving my hair new definition. And that wasn't because there was any blue/purple in my hair. There wasn't. 

I know I am not describing it in a way that explains it properly. And my hope is that when Chaz presents it on QVC, that he does a side-by-side presentation...one side of the model's hair is regular WEN hair and the other side is a WEN CC mixed in with Indigo. I think that is the only way we all will be able to understand how it improves the appearance of the hair.

It works on all hair types, color, etc. And if your hair needs to have brassiness toned down; it will do that. If your hair is outstanding as it is now, with no problems, it will just bump it up to hair with more brilliance.

As to using it as a leave in, I would think that would tend to leave your hair purple. The way it was used on me, it was left on for a few minutes and then Chaz told the gal to rinse it. That tells me that he didn't want it to "set" any longer than it had. Using it as a leave-in would let it keep activating (get darker), I would think. I could be wrong on that.

Honored Contributor

I'm totally getting it!  I hope it works wonders with vibrant, red hair! Woman Very Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler, if using it as a leave-in would make it go darker, I think if Toby saw me with a big blue head, it would scare the ****** out of him!  LMBO! Woman LOL

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.