WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question and Guidance Regarding Manufacture Dates of TSV items

The batch code is a coded manufacturing date.  I still think the top number is the lot number and the bottom is the batch number.

@quadmimi I don't think the WK even existed in 2010.  So yeah.

Respected Contributor

@untitled wrote:

The batch code is a coded manufacturing date.  I still think the top number is the lot number and the bottom is the batch number.

@quadmimi I don't think the WK even existed in 2010.  So yeah.

@untitled. Oh thx well good!.. it still smells like watermelon..! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@quadmimi, I agree with you.  Prior to this incident I assumed the shelf life was 2 years from the manufacture date.  Chaz's CS was very helpful and I'm glad I was able to receive clarification on the number issue.

Regular Contributor

I noticed another interesting detail this evening regarding my LAV oil in question.  The label on the oil is "lavender oil", not "lavender mint oil".  How long ago did Chaz stop selling the original LAV oil?  The ingredient deck on the label only lists 2 ingredients: jojoba oil and essential oils.  This in addition to Chaz's CS representative clarifying that the number code on the bottom of the bottle is a manufacture date indicate that QVC is sending out product that is quite old.  Why is QVC shipping out a product that it has not carried individually for years?  I am very disappointed.

Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 : about the LAV oil....In June I ordered the Home and Away Oil Kits (4 oz oil with 1oz oil) and the 4oz bottle was labeled "Lavender" and the 1oz was labeled "Lavender Mint". They smell as labeled, so no mint smell in the large bottle. I had wondered if anyone else received the same. I thought it's been a couple years since the reformulation so I suspected older product. I will admit though, it smells fine and performs fine when I do my oil treatments with it. I guess I am not alone after reading your post.
Super Contributor

Yes, I was the person who was told by a CD person via their FB page that the older format of dates has the year first. They switched to a Manufacture Date format. Either way they are most definitely shipping out old product in these "new" TSV configurations and it is not okay.

Regular Contributor

Very interesting @AmericanBulldogMom.  Thank you for sharing.  I'm glad that you were able to use the oil.

Regular Contributor

Hi Wenners!

I wanted to share the end of this LAV TSV saga.  Smiley Very Happy  I just got off the phone with QVC CS rep, Lindsey.  First of all, Lindsey is AWESOME!!!  Not only was she professional, she showed sincere concern that I was sent such an old product.  I simply told her the products I had received, the information I received from the CD CS.  Lindsey immediately put me on hold so she could speak with a supervisor.  Lindsey returned to the line and apologized profusely that I had received such old merchandise.  She instructed me to throw away the products (instead of returning to QVC).  She also informed me that I would receive a refund. 

Thanks again Lindsey and QVC!  I appreciate the great customer service! 

Slightly off topic, I received my FGP gallon this afternoon.  It was manufactured in 2015.  I can't wait to use it (even if it was 94 degrees today).  Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

@TamiT28, I received the same information from CD CS today.  I read the CS rep the numbers on my bottle of oil.  She clarified that the first 2 numbers are the year the product was manufactured.  The LAV CC included in the kit contained the "new" manufacture date format. 

Respected Contributor

@w84WEN wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@quadmimi I remember a post where @TamiT28 had mentioned something about getting an old bottle of oil and when she asked Chaz's team about the numbers on the bottom of the bottle they confirmed that one of them was the year that it was manufactured. Apparently someone at Chaz's customer service doesn't know what they're doing since people are now getting different stories.

@HSB1204   Yes I remember that also.. The CS girl said there isn't a date as the shelf life was 2 years so no need for one..  But like @nikki48  All mine seems fine (I had a bottle of WK's I was asking about, & since code on bottom wasn't expiration date I am fine with it).. 

Maybe someone else will find out more but that is what I was told..Smiley Happy 

THIS IS INSANITY!!!!! 😡😡

Those ARE manufactured dates and for CHAZ's CS to state otherwise is outrageous. ESPECIALLY when you have a consumer specifically asking about it. Enough with the deception already. Both QVC and CD Studio are well aware of this issue and have been for some time. (Years) This is unacceptable and they better be accountable for the practice they are putting into place. So disappointed in them both.

@w84WEN I agree. I find it a little suspicious and too convenient that once we start questioning how old the products we receive are all of a sudden the numbers on the bottom of the bottles are not dates. They could just admit that they have years and years of stock that they're trying to clear out.