WEN

Regular Contributor

Question and Guidance Regarding Manufacture Dates of TSV items

20160926_173714.jpgHi Wenners!

I am a long time WEN user.  I preordered the most recent TSV when I received the email last Tuesday.  I ordered 1LAV and 1TT.  Both TSVs arrived today.  I opened the LAV and was disappointed to see the manufacture dates.  If I understand the manufacture codes/dates correctly, my LAV remoist was manufactured in 2012 and my LAV oil was manufactured in 2010.  Fortunatley, the LAV CC was manufactured in 2015.  I have included pictures.  If these manufacture dates are correct I am very disappointed that WEN/QVC would send out such old merchandise.  I wanted to post here first to determine if I understood the manufacture codes correctly before contacting QVC CS.  Thanks to all who offer insight.20160926_173646.jpg

20160926_173747.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Question and Guidance Regarding Manufacture Dates of TSV items

@CoCo87 Yes, the year used to come first so it does look like they sent you some really old stock that was manufactured in 2010 and 2012. Wow. That is incredibly old. While the TSV was a grea deal I don't think it's fair to send out such old product. My TSV is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I guess we'll see how old my POM is.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for responding @HSB1204!  I was shocked when I checked the dates.  That is why I posted this thread.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting the codes.  How does QVC/Chaz even have product this old available to ship out?  This seems very unlike Chaz.  I have also posted this in the Customer Care forum.  If the mods don't respond on that thread I will call QVC.  I'm debating whether to send it back for a refund or ask for a replacement.  I have a gallon of LAV on AD, so this TSV was really for the oil and remoist (of which I have plenty) Smiley Tongue.  I hope your POM is relatively fresh!  Let me know when you recieve it.  Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

Thanks for responding @HSB1204!  I was shocked when I checked the dates.  That is why I posted this thread.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting the codes.  How does QVC/Chaz even have product this old available to ship out?  This seems very unlike Chaz.  I have also posted this in the Customer Care forum.  If the mods don't respond on that thread I will call QVC.  I'm debating whether to send it back for a refund or ask for a replacement.  I have a gallon of LAV on AD, so this TSV was really for the oil and remoist (of which I have plenty) Smiley Tongue.  I hope your POM is relatively fresh!  Let me know when you recieve it.  Thanks again!

Yeah, I don't understand how they can still have such old stock sitting around @CoCo87. I've ordered from Chaz's website on a few occasions when he has had a 20% off sale and also got something from 2012 or 2013. The last time I bought a 32 oz. bottle of FIG from QVC I think that one was also at least a couple of years old.

I hope my POM TSV isn't that old but it seems to be a common theme with the TSVs and ODOs lately.

Super Contributor

I received the POM TSV and here are the manufacture dates:

Remoist=June 2012

CC=May 2014

Oil=August 2014

No fresh products, surprising to me since the TSV was all core formulas. Is product not being rotated some where or is there a huge WEN warehouse somewhere that we all need to find? 

Respected Contributor

@TamiT28 wrote:

I received the POM TSV and here are the manufacture dates:

Remoist=June 2012

CC=May 2014

Oil=August 2014

No fresh products, surprising to me since the TSV was all core formulas. Is product not being rotated some where or is there a huge WEN warehouse somewhere that we all need to find? 

@TamiT28 It sure seems like they have way too much Wen in stock if this is what they're shipping out. I guess what you received is better than it being from 2010 but still, why is this stuff so old?

Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing the manufacturing dates of your products @TamiT28.  Maybe these more recent dates on the POM TSV bode well for you @HSB1204.  I ordered several gallons during June.  None of the gallons I ordered were as old as these products.  TSVs and ODOs don't seem as good a value when the product is so old.  I didn't open my LAV oil.  I'm kind of afraid to open it.  Oh well.  I am planning to return these items.  I will hold out for a gallon of 319 in October.  

Trusted Contributor

I have older dates as well, all except the Tea Tree oil and FVWP (2016 dates). In fairness, they say Wen is good for two years once opened. No clue how long it can last unopened.

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

20160926_173714.jpgHi Wenners!

I am a long time WEN user.  I preordered the most recent TSV when I received the email last Tuesday.  I ordered 1LAV and 1TT.  Both TSVs arrived today.  I opened the LAV and was disappointed to see the manufacture dates.  If I understand the manufacture codes/dates correctly, my LAV remoist was manufactured in 2012 and my LAV oil was manufactured in 2010.  Fortunatley, the LAV CC was manufactured in 2015.  I have included pictures.  If these manufacture dates are correct I am very disappointed that WEN/QVC would send out such old merchandise.  I wanted to post here first to determine if I understood the manufacture codes correctly before contacting QVC CS.  Thanks to all who offer insight.20160926_173646.jpg

20160926_173747.jpg

@CoCo87  I called Chaz's CS a couple weeks ago about this...I was told there are no dates on the bottles....those are batch codes not dates.  I also thought they were dates but that is what they told me....Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi I remember a post where @TamiT28 had mentioned something about getting an old bottle of oil and when she asked Chaz's team about the numbers on the bottom of the bottle they confirmed that one of them was the year that it was manufactured. Apparently someone at Chaz's customer service doesn't know what they're doing since people are now getting different stories.