WEN

Super Contributor

Question about WVM nourishing body treatment.

So I have a question on the scent. I ordered some off eBay along with the winter citrus. The winter citrus was sealed under the lid and smells just like the other products in the line. The winter vanilla mint though smells like nothing! Like just a normal unscented cream and the seal was not on it either, just in the lid.

I don’t want to rush off and say anything to the seller as I honestly have not had the WVM cream and maybe there isn’t much scent? Just find it odd that all his creams are pretty heavily scented and this had nada.

Can anyone shed some light on this, did I just get ripped off or did Chaz drop the ball on that cream and it doesn’t smell like the line of WVM??

Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Question about WVM nourishing body treatment.

Is there an expiration date on the jar, maybe it's old. WVM you can definitely smell.

Super Contributor

It’s new label color and it doesn’t smell stale or old it smells like a non scented drugstore brand type cream. I can’t smell anything winter vanilla mint about it, not a hint so I am worried I was ripped off.
Respected Contributor

I've had the Winter Vanilla Mint Body Treatment many times and have it right now.  I get mine ONLY from QVC or Chaz's own site.  They ALL have their tabs on them and smell amazing.  I have dubbed this "Chocolate Mint" because I smell chocolate and mint.  Chaz has told us be careful where you buy from.  He showed us fakes that people, including myself had gotten from Amazon.  I'm not calling out Amazon but they really don't police their sellers well enough.  They do give a refund without a problem.  I never deal with EBay.  It's my personal preference to buy from QVC, HSN or Chaz himself.  I guess EBay has these really good deals but what good is it if it's a fake or something not right with it.  Chaz showed us pictures of fakes from sellers on Amazon and through seeing this, I know I got a fake.  the Q and HSN and Chaz have great deals too so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Super Contributor

I live in Canada so it’s not easy to order from Q unless I know I can ship to our shipping outlet in the US and be able to drive the 12 hour round trip to get stuff. We go down more in summer but due to a snowy mountain pass and needing chains on tires to travel there in winter I can’t order from QVC to get any winter wen. I have never had a eBay issue with wen and the other cream I ordered from same seller was sealed and perfect.
I will have to contact the seller about the WVM but think if they went to trouble to replace the wen cream with something else my bet is I won’t get the truth.
Thanks everyone for the info, I didn’t want to think someone was that devious but I also didn’t think Chaz would make WVM cream that had no scent lol lol. Sooooo wish Q would sell to Canada again, such a pain in the butt to get wen now!
Honored Contributor

I also only order from QVC or Chaz directly.

I have some WVM body cream that was manufactured in 2017.  While it doesn't smell quite as strong as it did when newer, it definitely still has a pleasant WVM fragrance.  All my body creams have come with a plastic inner lid.