WEN

Contributor

Re: Question: Wen users only please. Styling Creme.

@posterchild wrote:

Do you heat style your hair?  If so, keep a good eye on how things are going without the sc...the sc provides heat protection that the other products you listed don’t.  

I do but I use the Dyson which dries my hair very fast. I use argon oil. 

Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
@delish91. I'm a 12 year Wen user and you're ? Hits home. I was maybe about 5 years in and I kept eating Chaz say u need to use the styling cream it protects your hair from heat. WELL I didn't use heat so I resisted. My hair was great I didn't need SC so I thought One night he was on and I gave in an order a duo. I couldn't believe the difference in my hair after one application!!! Just when I thought my hair couldn't possibly get any better it DID!!! I swore from that day on I listen the first time Chaz says to do something

Haha. Now I think I need it. My hair really is in great condition. It used to be dry with split ends and now it is smooth shiny. I’ve been waiting for a TSV with SC in the Bamboo. The rice protein products made my hair even better. 

Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Delish91, when my hair was straight, I only used styling creme when I intended to heat style it.  Now that I have a perm, I use the SC every time I cleanse, and it keeps my curl/wave defined, as long as I don't brush it out, of course.  It really seems to seal in my hair's moisture somehow.  Until this perm grows out, I'll keep using it, even if I don't heat style. 

One suggestion I will make, as I really prefer this method.  After I've rinsed out my second cleanse, to apply leave-in conditioner and styling creme, I pump both products into my palm and mix them together with my fingertip until they are fully integrated with each other, and then I apply it to my hair and work it through.  I feel it distributes both products more evenly and probably protects from the heated tools better that way.

However, if you don't use a blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hot rollers or other heated styling devices, give your SC a vacation, and see if it makes any difference, for good or ill, so you can make a final decision that way.

You all are so great.  I always heat style but not for long. I love the mixing idea. Going to try it next wash. The other thing is that I used to wash my hair every other day. Now I go literally a week and my hair still looks clean. 

Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi delish91.  I use the styling creme because it bumps up the shine in my hair and protects from the blow dryer.  I don't use hot, I use warm but still, I need protection.  I feel it's necessary for me but to each their own.  Chaz always says experiment and do what works for you.  I found that applying my mousse FIRST is best and Chaz usually teaches add the styling creme first so I say, what ever bakes your potata!  LOL. 

Hey, thank you to other Wen posters.  I was not aware of the other Wen forums.  Later, I'll take a spin over there!

I always watch Chad when he’s on because of the great tips. I use the masque (just the little) as a finisher on dry hair. It holds your hair in place!

Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Hi @delish91 I like the styling cream just for styling.  if you use other styling products you may not need it.  if it weighs your hair down and you use cc as a leave in (i do this), myabe cut down the amont of cc.  i mix the 2, and determine how much to apply based on how my hair is doing.  i agree with you about the mousse, waste of money.

@delish91  maybe that's the difference with me- I don't use the cc as a leave in. The SC is essentially my leave in! And I use very little, about 1/2 pump (6 oz container) on my entire head!

I always use the CC as a leave in. I may up the amount and try that. CC as a leave in doesn’t give me the gummy feel.  Thx to both of you. 

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

One suggestion I will make, as I really prefer this method.  After I've rinsed out my second cleanse, to apply leave-in conditioner and styling creme, I pump both products into my palm and mix them together with my fingertip until they are fully integrated with each other, and then I apply it to my hair and work it through.  I feel it distributes both products more evenly and probably protects from the heated tools better that way.

@CamilleP  - What a great idea! I think I'll try this!

@delish91 - I always use my CC and styling creme as my leave ins. I let my hair dry naturally. It's wavy with curl and in great condition (of course! Smiley Wink) I do have it colored every other month. I use one pump styling creme for my just-below-shoulder-length hair. Smiley Happy