WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Question: Wen users only please. Styling Creme.

@Drythe @Our trip home was short. We tried to do too much in a short timeframe. Flying ANYWHERE from HI makes for a long trip, especially to the East Coast. We’ve become so acclimated to year-round warm weather and the cold temps back home left us both with a chest cold. Hubby is having a harder time getting over it than I did and he’s the healthier one. He surfs & works out all the time; whereas, I lounge on the beach with a cocktail! 😜🤙

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Do you heat style your hair?  If so, keep a good eye on how things are going without the sc...the sc provides heat protection that the other products you listed don’t.  

Esteemed Contributor

@delish91. I'm a 12 year Wen user and you're ? Hits home. I was maybe about 5 years in and I kept eating Chaz say u need to use the styling cream it protects your hair from heat. WELL I didn't use heat so I resisted. My hair was great I didn't need SC so I thought One night he was on and I gave in an order a duo. I couldn't believe the difference in my hair after one application!!! Just when I thought my hair couldn't possibly get any better it DID!!! I swore from that day on I listen the first time Chaz says to do something
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Sorry to hear DH is not recovering quickly... I always tell mine, The bigger they are, the harder they fall!  

Just joking, really.   Do you have flu in HI?  I seriously don’t know, but be sure to watch for that.  Don’t want it, or pneumonia to sneak by in case y’all aren’t used to watching for the them.

Best to all.  Sorry your trip was not all you wished.  If I were your family, I’d be visiting YOU in the sunny, warm!  And I’d stay until you sent me home. 😊

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Delish91, when my hair was straight, I only used styling creme when I intended to heat style it.  Now that I have a perm, I use the SC every time I cleanse, and it keeps my curl/wave defined, as long as I don't brush it out, of course.  It really seems to seal in my hair's moisture somehow.  Until this perm grows out, I'll keep using it, even if I don't heat style. 

One suggestion I will make, as I really prefer this method.  After I've rinsed out my second cleanse, to apply leave-in conditioner and styling creme, I pump both products into my palm and mix them together with my fingertip until they are fully integrated with each other, and then I apply it to my hair and work it through.  I feel it distributes both products more evenly and probably protects from the heated tools better that way.

However, if you don't use a blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hot rollers or other heated styling devices, give your SC a vacation, and see if it makes any difference, for good or ill, so you can make a final decision that way.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear you and your DH came back from your trip with a bug, SurferWife, I hope lots of warm sunshine will get you both back to full health soon!

Respected Contributor

Hi delish91.  I use the styling creme because it bumps up the shine in my hair and protects from the blow dryer.  I don't use hot, I use warm but still, I need protection.  I feel it's necessary for me but to each their own.  Chaz always says experiment and do what works for you.  I found that applying my mousse FIRST is best and Chaz usually teaches add the styling creme first so I say, what ever bakes your potata!  LOL. 

Hey, thank you to other Wen posters.  I was not aware of the other Wen forums.  Later, I'll take a spin over there!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @delish91 I like the styling cream just for styling.  if you use other styling products you may not need it.  if it weighs your hair down and you use cc as a leave in (i do this), myabe cut down the amont of cc.  i mix the 2, and determine how much to apply based on how my hair is doing.  i agree with you about the mousse, waste of money.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Hi @delish91 I like the styling cream just for styling.  if you use other styling products you may not need it.  if it weighs your hair down and you use cc as a leave in (i do this), myabe cut down the amont of cc.  i mix the 2, and determine how much to apply based on how my hair is doing.  i agree with you about the mousse, waste of money.

@delish91  maybe that's the difference with me- I don't use the cc as a leave in. The SC is essentially my leave in! And I use very little, about 1/2 pump (6 oz container) on my entire head!

Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

They styling cream weighs my hair down, no matter how little I use.

I stopped buying kits because most contain SC.

I only use SC when I go into the pool.  I take water aerobics several times a week so it protects my hair from the pool chemicals.

Same here. Thx. Now I won’t obsess when I run out!