WEN

Valued Contributor

Question - Oil Treatments and Staining Furniture

Hi all.  I do my oil treatments 3x a week on the nights before I cleanse.  I like to come home from work and put them right in if I know I am not going out again - to get some extra oil treatment time.  :-)  My question is - how do you all protect your furniture from getting oil stains if you have them in earlier than bedtime?  I have been using a towel but was wondering if there might be a better way.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question - Oil Treatments and Staining Furniture

[ Edited ]

I simply use a t-shirt or throw on the furniture that I may worry about (i.e chair, couch) but to tell you the truth my worry seems to be for no reason many times. I have rarely noticed a mark and often times cleaning with water removes it. If you are still worried then I would suggest just that, a t-shirt (better for your hair than a towel) or a throw (if you dont want it to look out of place).

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

Thanks @nikki48!

Respected Contributor

The only thing that I got oil on is my pillow case but it washes out.  I really didn't care because they're not special ones.  I just pull them off and throw them in the wash once a week.  I have a few throws on the reclining chair but I never saw anything on those.  Hey, I do the oils three times a week, they work great, don't they!  Now that my hair is really short, I cleanse every day.  It's nice to take a complete shower even if my hair really doesn't need to be cleansed the next day.

Super Contributor

I often put the oils in close to when I get home, after the mayhem of feeding time at the zoo Smiley Very Happy, but I don't believe I've ever had an issue with transfer. Admittedly I don't use a full four droppers either, so that probably helps.

Respected Contributor

I put a velour towel on the headrest of my recliner, but I actually don't see any staining or even a mark from the TT oil.  The only place I have trouble getting the oils ouf of is my eyes, lol!

Valued Contributor

Thanks all for your responses!  Love the oils!

Honored Contributor

I wrap my head in a towel, then spread the towel over my pillow at bed time.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras