WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Product suggestion needed for crown area

@CamilleP wrote:

Thanks, @quadmimi  I think I probably couldn't sleep in them either, I used to try to sleep in "velcro" rollers and could not manage that.  I almost can't sleep in a t-shirt turban when I re-moist overnight any more.  Since I go to bed with a damp head, it would be the perfect time to use rollers, but the really soft, squishy foam rollers that have the little frames that snap closed over the hair require more coordination than I can muster at midnight. 

I mention perming with them because the "longest river" website that you mentioned as selling them promotes them for that use.  I think I had better just wait a few more months for a professional perm, although I don't know where I am going to get one, since the stylist I loved at my local Ulta salon has moved back to her home state, and the girl who gave me a trim there recently couldn't even trim my bangs properly.  Woman Sad

@CamilleP 

I was putting mine in this morning thinking of you & deciding, nope definetly couldn't sleep on them..Smiley Happy  I hope you can find someone to do your perm soon..I haven't ever had alot of luck at Ulta, but I am sure they have some good stylist. It's not easy to find one right now..Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@lynne6was7 Thank you very much for sharing this.  I will definitely give it a try

Respected Contributor

I believe you, @quadmimi , those prickly rollers just could not be comfortable enough to sleep in.  I could save myself so much hassle if I just got a pixie cut, but I look awful with short hair, so I'll just have to wait until I can get vaccinated and then go get a perm.  I will have to call around to a bunch of different salons to find some that still do perms, most of the young stylists don't understand why anyone would want anything but board straight hair, or if you did want texture you use hot tools.  If I could FIND a tool that produced curls that lasted more than a few minutes without my applying half a gallon of lacquer to them, I wouldn't need a perm, LOL!

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I believe you, @quadmimi , those prickly rollers just could not be comfortable enough to sleep in.  I could save myself so much hassle if I just got a pixie cut, but I look awful with short hair, so I'll just have to wait until I can get vaccinated and then go get a perm.  I will have to call around to a bunch of different salons to find some that still do perms, most of the young stylists don't understand why anyone would want anything but board straight hair, or if you did want texture you use hot tools.  If I could FIND a tool that produced curls that lasted more than a few minutes without my applying half a gallon of lacquer to them, I wouldn't need a perm, LOL!

@CamilleP 

Good luck...I have some curl in my hair & since I wash daily the roller system works well for me...My curls last all day with a touch of hairspray.. (but I do not have @SurferWife curls sadly) 

Hoping you find your perm person, I bet it will look wonderful when you get it done...Smiley Happy