WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Pre-whipped WEN gets Chaz's approval ...sort of.

@quadmimi@FleaMktQn, @geezerette

Didja notice Chaz recommending pre-mixing WEN & water before application to certain hair types last time he was on?

He was talking about pre-mixing, using a WEN Pets, or other squeezy plastic mixing bottle.

Didn't hear the whole story clearly, but I believe he said a customer was telling him about her daughter's issue with getting WEN to spread thru her hair. WEN  is so concentrated and dense, and with her hair type, this caused the daughter to have to keep adding more and more to get the coverage she needed.

Before I started to Pre-whip WEN I had that problem too. I'd have to keep adding pumps until I was sometimes up to double or more of what I should have needed for each cleanse.

Chaz was describing the ol'

'add water to WEN, shake it up' bit, which doesn't ever blend smoothly for me. Maybe my technique is off. That method always gives me floating islands of WEN in a watery soup.

Admittedly pre-whipping by constantly stirring the WEN while adding a thread of water until volume is nearly doubled is slower.

But the results are a clump-less emulsion. However, I realize that sounds too much like work to many who just wanna wash their hair without any fuss.

Chaz said he just recently came up with this idea, and we could call and ask for a WEN Pets mixing bottle if we had the same issue as that daughter.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pre-whipped WEN gets Chaz's approval ...sort of.

tried wen once....too many steps involved in washing my hair....very happy with my drugstore brands....

Honored Contributor

You mean people are talking about Wen in the Wen forum? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge Yes, I heard him mention that too. I think it was when he was talking about his bathtub elixir. Could be wrong on that, but he did talk about that elixir and how you really need to shake it up well, then add some more water and shake, shake, shake. Could be when he was talking about the pre-whip process.

I do that for the 613, as it is very concentrated. Makes it easier for me to use. But the other formulas are okay as is and there's no problem with it being too thick.

Didn't all of you at one time have the Franken Bottle where you combined a bunch of formulas and water pre-use?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler I have FrankenWEN everything  LOL A gallon of the summer CC is what I'm working on now!  When a 613/319 mousse gets to about half gone, I add in a summer mousse to top it off.  Same with a styling creme.  I like having full bottles of everything in the shower!😛  I don't add water to them.

@x Hedge@ I've never tried your whipping but it makes sense.  I like the idea of doing it in a bottle too.  For 613, like @World Traveler mentioned, I might try some day.  Cool that Chaz mentioned it, wonder if the idea came you on here?  He might mention that!

@Nananana5 same amount of steps with WEN.  Wash then condition.  Easy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo

No, he just thought of it. He doesn't know I've been doing that for the last 18 months.

. . . and some other Wenner probably started doing it years ago, before I ever bought WEN.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

tried wen once....too many steps involved in washing my hair....very happy with my drugstore brands....

Good! 

and I'm very happy with my hair.

It's just wash, rinse, repeat. That's not "too many steps" for me.

Respected Contributor

Oh wow @x Hedge, you should email Chaz's CS & tell them about your thread you started, (back when you did)...I am so glad you came up with it!...My super baby fine hair does so much better...Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

Oh wow @x Hedge, you should email Chaz's CS & tell them about your thread you started, (back when you did)...I am so glad you came up with it!...My super baby fine hair does so much better...Smiley Happy

I'm glad it does, but that's so funny to me, cuz I needed it for this dense zig-zag wire-brush hair I have had. It's a lot better now.  lol!  

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge I'm glad you remind me of this because when I have more time I want to try. For awhile now when I use the two or three golf balls size and add water I sometimes have a difficult time at the nape. If I don't rinse well due to time issue I don't feel it was a good cleanse. I think this maybe the solution I'll let you know. Also the other day I did remember to add the TT cc to my goatsoak and it was wonderful don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Lord knows I have plenty of TT cc.