WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Pre-Blended, Whipped Up Wen Treasures

@bebe777   Be sure & read thru this thead.

Respected Contributor

@Souperkrys   Check out this thread, it tells all about hedge's wonderful wen whip Smiley Very Happy

I've been doing this way ever since @x Hedge posted this, ya gotta try it Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@Souperkrys   Check out this thread, it tells all about hedge's wonderful wen whip 

I've been doing this way ever since @x Hedge posted this, ya gotta try it 

Thank you so much for sharing this!! I just started with Wen this past March so I didn't see this, but I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread, I would have never thought of whipping it up like this. What a great idea, I'll try it next time I cleanse. It obviously works since you are still using this method months later!

Trusted Contributor

How did I miss this? Thanks for the tip. 

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor

Well if this isn't just the best idea ever!!  I am definitely going to try it very soon.  How clever.  I love the combo of 613 and coconut lime verbena. Think I'll start there.  Thanks so much for the tip!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Such a strange coincidence you resurrected this thread this week @FleaMktQn.  A few days ago I did my first non-whipped Wenwash since last January. What a difference. My hair kept 'grabbing' the Tea Tree I was trying (failing) to spread on my scalp.

I definitely prefer the pre-whipped! 

@nikki48, I think whipped CLV has a much richer, more creamy feel, and I get a stronger sense of the fragrance than when straight from the SCLV bottle.

But I still have to mix in 319 for my dry, dry hair.  

If your hair is as dense as I think it is, you will find you can distribute the whipped Wen more easily, more evenly.

I know this sounds dumb but pumped Wen actually gets caught in my hair. It wants to stay put in one general area and cling to the surface texture of my hair instead of spreading down to the scalp.

But that same amount of cc, pre whipped, spreads easily from forehead to nape, scalp to ends. I still start with drenched hair, and I still add that 'more-than-a-splash' of additional water during the frothing process.

20170830_150215.jpg

This sits on the corner of my tub instead of a lineup of bottles. From each cup I have enough for a scoop for each temple, scoops crown and back, another for the ends. Then fill the empty cup for your additional splash. There's more than enough.

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge I don't know how I missed this great tip!  Thank you for 

posting it.  Mahalo

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge   If I hadn't bumped the thread up I know you would have cuz @Souperkrys was asking Smiley Wink 

And I didn't know so many had missed it Smiley Surprised

I did a non-whip WEN a week or so after I started whipping and there is such a difference, just the way you describe Woman FrustratedWoman LOL

I do believe it's one of the best tips I've ever seen on this forum Smiley Very HappyHeart

Many Many Thanks HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AlohaSun,  Naʻu ka hauʻoli!

@FleaMktQn,  Thank you. I'm so glad it works well for you!  Smiley Happy   

@cac140, this even works for grey, silver, white, and  half "blorange" hair.

Respected Contributor

@Souperkrys  This is the thread @quadmimi  was referring to.

I love bumping this one up cuz the tip is sooo helpful Smiley Wink

I do it just like @x Hedge does Smiley Very Happy