WEN

Valued Contributor

Poppy scent? Any descirptions?

I searched the forums and don't see any topics about the Poppy scent. Can anyone describe it? Is it moisturizing?

Thank you!

Valintina

Honored Contributor

Re: Poppy scent? Any descirptions?

I don't think poppies have a scent.  Maybe it smells like poppy seed bagels; I'd like that.

Respected Contributor

I see tons of information on the internet. Put " poppy scent" in your search browser.

Respected Contributor

@ValentinaBon wrote:

I searched the forums and don't see any topics about the Poppy scent. Can anyone describe it? Is it moisturizing?

Thank you!

Valintina

@ValentinaBon 

This is a review off the Wen product page, not mine..maybe others will add to this as everyone's scent smells are so different..Smiley Happy

*The Desert Poppy scent is spring in a bottle. It’s a subtle floral, not overpowering or clawing. It is a very refreshing and sophisticated scent. It’s like being in a field of delicate flowers, with a warmth added to it. If you like Orange Blossom, you will love this scent.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't think poppies have a scent.  Maybe it smells like poppy seed bagels; I'd like that.

um I am referring to the wen product...that is why I posted it on the wen forum. Clearly there is a scent to this product. And poppy seed bagels I am sure this isn't what this smells like....nor would it be a desirable scent for a hair product.

Are these resonses even real??!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I see tons of information on the internet. Put " poppy scent" in your search browser.

am asking about the WEN PRODUCT...hence the reason I am asking on the WEN FORUM

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much @quadmimi  That was the first helpful and legitimate response. I appreciate you sharing that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Spring Desert Poppy, and I can't describe the scent. This subject has come up on other threads and most everyone who has the product can't describe the scent enough to satisfy anyone. I have never smelled a poppy before, so I don't know what it should smell like but definitely can't pick up any distinct scent.

Since it is not adverse to my nose, I use it; just can't describe it and probably won't purchase it again.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I have the Spring Desert Poppy, and I can't describe the scent. This subject has come up on other threads and most everyone who has the product can't describe the scent enough to satisfy anyone. I have never smelled a poppy before, so I don't know what it should smell like but definitely can't pick up any distinct scent.

Since it is not adverse to my nose, I use it; just can't describe it and probably won't purchase it again.

Thank you! That is something at least. Does it work well though? Often Chaz's products actually smell like their name so that is why I ask. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ValentinaBon Yes, it works well. In fact, all of his seasonal formulas work well for my thin, fine hair. So for me, it is just a matter of which scent I like. I have many scents in my shower and rotate them. I prefer the ones that smell like their name, like the Fall Ginger Pumpkin or the Winter Vanilla Mint. Those names are very accurate in my opinion. 

But the poppy one is just really hard for me to put a description on. It is not bad; it just isn't a scent I can't wait to use. Hope that makes sense.

As you can see from the photo, I truly do use a lot of his formulas. This picture was prior to the poppy and pink lemonade coming out, but they are now in the shower too.

1C77248B-3037-4209-B4C4-38DF422BE4E8.jpg