WEN

Contributor

Please help me to get good 2nd day hair

I am an on and off again WEN user of about 8+ years.  My hair is amazing on day 1 but day 2 it feel heavy, flat, and turns oily.  My hair is fine   I double cleanse with the suggested # of pumps, one pump or less of leave in and one pump or less of styling cream.  Any ideas of what I can do to make my hair last another day or more?

Super Contributor

Re: Please help me to get good 2nd day hair

@Crislovestoshop wrote:

I am an on and off again WEN user of about 8+ years.  My hair is amazing on day 1 but day 2 it feel heavy, flat, and turns oily.  My hair is fine   I double cleanse with the suggested # of pumps, one pump or less of leave in and one pump or less of styling cream.  Any ideas of what I can do to make my hair last another day or more?

How long is your hair? Is it straight, curly? Do you have a lot of hair? Which formula are you using?

If your hair is long enough, you can tie it up on the top of your head with a soft, fabric scrunchie. Spraying your hair with Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist will help.

Without knowing a bit more about your hair, it's hard to know what else to say. Possibly you need a different formula of Wen too - a lighter formula possibly.

Contributor

Thank you for responding.  My hair is just below my shoulders.  I switch the formulas; was using tea tree first then a seasonal second; or a seasonal for both.  I love the fall vanilla and spring lilac.  My hair is straight with a slight natural wave; I don't have a ton of hair 

Respected Contributor

I can go a few days between washes.  I spray roots with revitalizing spray fluff with a towel and then blow dry.

Esteemed Contributor

@Crislovestoshop.  Are you sure you rinse enough?  At one time or another most of us Wengirls have made this mistake.  You know, if you think you rinsed enough rinse a little more.  

Respected Contributor

I think some people just don't have much luck with second day hair. I've had an oily scalp my entire life. Even with Wen I cleanse every day. I'm at the point where I could probably skip a day but the second day would definitely have to be a ponytail day. I just can't go to bed and wake up with decent looking hair. If I spray anything on it, it'll only make it oily faster so it's just easier to cleanse every day.

Respected Contributor

I have never used anything on my hair (wen or non-wen) that allowed for good second day hair. I gave up trying. Besides I love freshly washed hair, can't stand not washing my hair with my morning shower. I prefer to do my full routine daily. 

(I have also always been oily the next morning and can't stand dry shampoo. The feeling of dry shampoo in oily day old hair is just gross to me. Lol!)

Contributor

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions 

Respected Contributor

Cris, do you do WEN oil treatments on your scalp?  That can help normalize your scalp's oil production so that your 2nd day hair would not get so heavy and stuck to your scalp.  Another question I have is, do you heat style?  If not, then don't use styling creme, that might lighten things up, too.  Finally, I have very fine, straight hair, and I never use CC as a leave-in, if I did my hair would plaster itself to my scalp from day one, let alone day two.  You could try skipping leave-in entirely, or only apply it to your ends, not your scalp, and see how that works for a second day hair look.  Anyway, those are just some initial thoughts I had, you can try my suggestions to see if they help if you'd like.

Honored Contributor

@Crislovestoshop wrote:

This was my hair!! Tried to make Wen work, In the beginning enjoyed Wen, Until my hair felt heavy flat and oily. Like you my hair is fine. Imo and experience, Wen isn't one size fits all. Gifted all my Wen friends with thick curly hair, Each one loves Wen!! Continue thanking me often. Since moving from Wen no longer experience bad hair days. Second day hair!! Woohoo->Third day hair.🙋