WEN

Respected Contributor

@cac140

@cac140 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

I do fine with mixing as long as I use a Seasonal, and either a Classic or Rice formula. I do prefer the newer seasonals that have some form of honey.

After much experimenting with amounts, using alone, and using with other products, I have concluded that I can NOT use any cc as a leave-in. No matter how much or how little, how wet my hair is or isn't...it just leaves my hair limp and flat. Now, I will use about a 1/2 pump on my chin-length, fairly thick, layered hair as a leave-in if I know I won't be leaving the house that day, just for some extra conditioning.

That is interesting about not being able to use the CC as a leave in.  I always pay attention to the presentations about how many pumps of this or that to leave in of CC, styling creme, mousse, etc.  But it never worked out quite right for me.  It's when I used less and mixed it all together (except for mousse - saved that for last) that I got the best results.  Chaz's recommended amounts were too much for my hair, although I know for other's they are just right.  Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Yes! This! I also use less SC and Glossing Serum than recommended for my hair type/length, and get MUCH better results when I mix it together in my hands before applying (as opposed to applying each separately). If I use more than 4-5 pumps of mousse, the excess just ends up on the shower floor, and I can't use mousse if I use styling cream. So I only use mousse if I'm air-drying.

Super Contributor

Re: Playing with Wen

[ Edited ]

@vermint It pays to play with our products, don't you think?  Forgot to mention that one of the best things I've tried and loved is not using the CC as a leave-in at the end of my shower, but instead wrapping my head loosely in a towel (I know this is a no no with Chaz but I do it anyway just till I dry off from my shower) for like five minutes, comb out my hair and then mix 1 pump of CC (16 oz size) and 2-3 drops of oil in my hands and run through my hair.  Yikes, is that nice!  No styling creme or mousse necessary when I do that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cac140 I'll have to try that with the CC and oil...maybe this weekend!

Oh, and I wrap my head in a towel, too...and it stays there while I eat breakfast and put on my makeup. I never rub my head with it though, just press & squeeze.

I won't tell Chaz if you don't! Woman Wink

Super Contributor

@vermint wrote:

Oh, and I wrap my head in a towel, too...and it stays there while I eat breakfast and put on my makeup. I never rub my head with it though, just press & squeeze.

Haha... Yes, press and squeeze.  Me too!!  Thanks for the laugh!  

Trusted Contributor

@cac140 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

Haha... Yes, press and squeeze.  Me too!!  Thanks for the laugh!  

Woman Surprised LOL!! Naughty girls.

I actually buy cheap tee shirts to use for my hair alone. When places like Old Navy have them for $3 or $5 bucks I grab a few to wrap my hair in or place on the back of the chair if I am sitting while its still drying.

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I don't use Wen on my hair, but do use it to cleanse my face every night (the cleanser conditioner).  Like it better than Philosophy cleanser. 

When I go on vacation, I bring a full-size bottle of WEN and use it to wash my hair, face, body, and hands and to shave. The 16-oz bottle is big and needs to go into a checked bag, but it takes up about the same space as a travel shampoo, conditioner, body wash and face wash.

@ChynnaBlue  Me too!  Only last trip I accidentally took a 16oz bottle of BGT RTM.   A mistake I will not make again!  Reading is fundamental!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I don't use Wen on my hair, but do use it to cleanse my face every night (the cleanser conditioner).  Like it better than Philosophy cleanser. 

When I go on vacation, I bring a full-size bottle of WEN and use it to wash my hair, face, body, and hands and to shave. The 16-oz bottle is big and needs to go into a checked bag, but it takes up about the same space as a travel shampoo, conditioner, body wash and face wash.

@ChynnaBlue  Me too!  Only last trip I accidentally took a 16oz bottle of BGT RTM.   A mistake I will not make again!  Reading is fundamental!

My daughter and I both freaked out when we traveled and forgot to bring Wen. I figured she had some and she figured I had some. The one small bottle of RTM was treated like gold for that trip.

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor

My other experiment is with time between Wen washes. Again, I have baby fine straight hair, so it will show oiliness very fast. However, I can now simply rinse my hair on day 3 (or more often if I've worked out or worn a bike helmet), put in some more CC as leave in, SC and styling product, and my hair is near as good as when I've washed with Wen. I've "co-washed" when I've been in a rush for many years; however, I could never do this on a regular basis when I was using regular shampoo. And I know that it's not because my hair follicles are blocked. My scalp just doesn't over-react anymore and produce too much oil. Some CCs are better than others for my scalp obviously, but my scalp doesn't feel dry and tight anymore nor does it get crazy oily on day 2/3.

Of course the one problem is that I probably don't use my oils as much as I should Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@cac140 wrote:

@vermint wrote:

I do fine with mixing as long as I use a Seasonal, and either a Classic or Rice formula. I do prefer the newer seasonals that have some form of honey.

After much experimenting with amounts, using alone, and using with other products, I have concluded that I can NOT use any cc as a leave-in. No matter how much or how little, how wet my hair is or isn't...it just leaves my hair limp and flat. Now, I will use about a 1/2 pump on my chin-length, fairly thick, layered hair as a leave-in if I know I won't be leaving the house that day, just for some extra conditioning.

That is interesting about not being able to use the CC as a leave in.  I always pay attention to the presentations about how many pumps of this or that to leave in of CC, styling creme, mousse, etc.  But it never worked out quite right for me.  It's when I used less and mixed it all together (except for mousse - saved that for last) that I got the best results.  Chaz's recommended amounts were too much for my hair, although I know for other's they are just right.  Different strokes for different folks I guess...

@cac140I agree that although we can use Chaz's directions as guidelines we have to also experiment to figure out what works best for our hair. I think he usually uses 15 or 18 pumps on mousse on some of the models that have the same hair length as me. If I used that many pumps my hair would be a giant grease ball. I can't use more than 3-4 pumps.

Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@kesstrain wrote:

@nikki48 You put in the SC after you diffused? If so, I am curious as to why you wait to apply.  I have never tried that although I do find that the mousse only works for me on semi dry hair.

Truthfully, I just forgot it. My SC is in my shower and I did my hair after getting out of the tub. By the time I thought about it my hair was pretty much as dry as I wanted it.

@kesstrain, unlike you, the mousse only works for me when twisted into sopping wet hair, but I always apply the SC to diffused dry hair to smooth and define the individual curls. Must work with SC quickly on dry hair.

There are many variables to 'play with Wen'.