WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Periscope trios and presales

@yisbuff2 wrote:

This does not make any sense to me at all. I can't believe they would actually rate a vendor down when people love their stuff enough to order it ASAP. However, I believe! It looks like I can still cancel my order, therefore I will.

So, here is my question: if we order during the Friday Night Beauty visit will it count, or only on Saturday? I ask because I NEED my gallons (haha) but my Saturday is tricky.

Thanks for the info folks! I will always do what I can to support Chaz!

If he is on air Friday, I would think it should count. He also stated on periscope if it is really close to being on air they may count as well. He said not to stress about it. I would think Friday should be a green light for you if you need to get the order in and not risk a sellout if you will be out of place on Saturday.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

This does not make any sense to me at all. I can't believe they would actually rate a vendor down when people love their stuff enough to order it ASAP. However, I believe! It looks like I can still cancel my order, therefore I will.

So, here is my question: if we order during the Friday Night Beauty visit will it count, or only on Saturday? I ask because I NEED my gallons (haha) but my Saturday is tricky.

Thanks for the info folks! I will always do what I can to support Chaz!

If he is on air Friday, I would think it should count. He also stated on periscope if it is really close to being on air they may count as well. He said not to stress about it. I would think Friday should be a green light for you if you need to get the order in and not risk a sellout if you will be out of place on Saturday.

@Diva1Donna thanks for the added info. That makes a lot of sense. @yisbuff2 sounds like ordering druing Friday NIght Beauty would be fine. Smiley Happy 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that if a vendor has "through-the-roof" sales numbers when that vendor has two hour shows, for example, that vendor will have more of those shows than another vendor that doesn't sell that much during the same time allotment.  It's also, I believe, why some vendors (like Chaz, who sells a lot when he himself is on-air) get the coveted Saturday time slots.  So does philosophy, who also continues to sell well.  If you order during a show that a vendor just has a presentation (such as "Friday Night Beauty"), it will still "count" for that vendor, although, again, perhaps in a slighly different way.

I'm sure that Chaz wants you to order his products, any time you can!  If you can't order during his appearances, order when you are able.  However, I think what he's saying is that in some way, shape or manner, when he is on-air and presenting, it's better for his standing with QVC.  And that if it makes no difference to you and is not inconvenient for you, order when he is on-air. 

I think Chaz does his best to be honest and straight forward with us, his customers, by giving us a lot of inside information that other vendors don't do.  It's one of the things I like about him.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I think you right @geezerette!

It is must be all  about them time slots on Q TV! To get a good TWO hour prime, and Saturday's time slots, I am sure one has to hassle a little! Woman Happy

Super Contributor

Trios plus?? *patiently waits*

That's silly that they "get in trouble". I mean I get it but still. A sale is a sale.

Honored Contributor

I don’t mean to beat this subject to death, but one more thought on the real-time sales quotas.

QVC is still considered to be first and foremost a television shopping channel, and their competition is the same, selling products in real-time via TV. For those of you that do most of your shopping via internet, this may seem archaic.  But I know several women around my area that do all their non-store shopping on the television channels—many of them older, most don’t even own a computer. But they buy consistently.

Several times in the past Chaz has let it slip that he’s had to fight QVC to carry a product we wanted. More real-time sales means Chaz then has the leverage with QVC to say, “My customers are clamoring for ‘X’ product.  If you buy ‘X’ amount of these, I can promise you ‘X’ amount of sales based on my past appearances with similar products.” In addition to profit, this also means a high real-time eyeball/sales rating in comparison to their competition. That’s still the primary business QVC is in, regardless of their internet traffic. They want high ratings just like CNN or NBC, etc.

So, it would seem to me that increasing Chaz’ real-time sales rate would benefit us in a couple of ways. First, by putting Chaz in a position to negotiate what we want, rather than what QVC wants to sell us. And second, the higher Chaz’ presentation ratings are, the more apt QVC is to keep Chaz himself on-air as much as possible. Speaking strictly for myself, I always watch Chaz’ presentations, even if I have to record them to watch later. I like the man as much as his products.  I know that most of the people on this forum do more than their fair share of supporting Chaz with sales, so I'm preaching to the choir here, I think!  All that said, I have to repeat that both QVC and Chaz want you to order his products, regardless of when.  And Chaz certainly would not want anyone to feel bad about pre-ordering.  It would just be of greater benefit if the real-time sales stayed up, for various reasons.

Okay, I'll be quiet about this now.  Sorry to get on my soapbox, but this subject just caught my interest for some reason.Cat Embarassed

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

I don’t mean to beat this subject to death, but one more thought on the real-time sales quotas.

QVC is still considered to be first and foremost a television shopping channel, and their competition is the same, selling products in real-time via TV. For those of you that do most of your shopping via internet, this may seem archaic.  But I know several women around my area that do all their non-store shopping on the television channels—many of them older, most don’t even own a computer. But they buy consistently.

Several times in the past Chaz has let it slip that he’s had to fight QVC to carry a product we wanted. More real-time sales means Chaz then has the leverage with QVC to say, “My customers are clamoring for ‘X’ product.  If you buy ‘X’ amount of these, I can promise you ‘X’ amount of sales based on my past appearances with similar products.” In addition to profit, this also means a high real-time eyeball/sales rating in comparison to their competition. That’s still the primary business QVC is in, regardless of their internet traffic. They want high ratings just like CNN or NBC, etc.

So, it would seem to me that increasing Chaz’ real-time sales rate would benefit us in a couple of ways. First, by putting Chaz in a position to negotiate what we want, rather than what QVC wants to sell us. And second, the higher Chaz’ presentation ratings are, the more apt QVC is to keep Chaz himself on-air as much as possible. Speaking strictly for myself, I always watch Chaz’ presentations, even if I have to record them to watch later. I like the man as much as his products.  I know that most of the people on this forum do more than their fair share of supporting Chaz with sales, so I'm preaching to the choir here, I think!  All that said, I have to repeat that both QVC and Chaz want you to order his products, regardless of when.  And Chaz certainly would not want anyone to feel bad about pre-ordering.  It would just be of greater benefit if the real-time sales stayed up, for various reasons.

Okay, I'll be quiet about this now.  Sorry to get on my soapbox, but this subject just caught my interest for some reason.Cat Embarassed

@geezerette Excellent and well-thought out points! Great perspective. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I am thinking about it differently now. They have to define themselves in terms of what their business truly is-TV. Those swiftly-moving numbers get some buyers to pick up the phone/mouse like nothing else could. They are in the business of creating excitement around their products. Even those of us who really consider our stash when purchasing can all remember the excitement of the return of the 12oz RTMs when they sold out on air before Chaz could even present it. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Exactly, @Kjelle.  That's another point I was thinking of when I wrote that whole long dissertation.  When those numbers are clicking upwards, the hosts get in a frenzy and people at home starting picking up their phones and Ipads.  I know, because I will get caught up in it myself and have (as you mentioned) ordered more products "while they're still available" when I still have some in my closet.  Hmmm...Winter Vanilla Mint seems to come to mind off the top of my head...Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette! I am too very impressed with your "dissertation" essay. Great points, great logic, great thinking! Thanks! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @sonechko, you're very kind.  I'd say that I had more time on my hands this afternoon than I knew what to do with, but I was really just thinking about this instead of doing what I should have been doing!