WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Periscope spring summer scent testing

@sonechko wrote:

Woman Happy If you guys are going to go that direction, I'd have to pull and dust out my old and almost forgotten suggestion for a new Seasonal Scent - Fall Honey Bourbon Whisky.

or Spring Margaritas Break, or .... 

oh well, I am already too embarrassed Woman Embarassed

Woman LOLCat LOLMan LOLRobot LOLSmiley LOL You make me laugh like no one else

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

Most of them sound like scents I would at least try. I love coconut but I really don't care for vanilla scents so that would be a big no for me.

I like the summer scents but really would prefer another summer formula without coconut and don't really like vanilla either.  Although, to me the SCLV is more lime than coconut which I prefer.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brdwygurl wrote:

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple
Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere. Smiley Happy

@Brdwygurl thank you so much for sharing this information, keeping us in the loop about the upcoming fragrances, and continuing to share the periscope links. I really appreciate it!!!

Coconut is a tough one for me. The Summer Mango Coconut was fine because it was like a pina colada (which I like), but I didn't really like the Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV). The scent had a few different things going on (coconut, lime, and verbena) and, to me, it didn't smell as though they blended well together. Some people said that you could hardly smell the coconut, but I could smell it loud and clear (lol, I think I've heard folks say the same thing about my precious Fall Apple Spice (FAS)).

Because I'm really hooked on the Seasonals, I'll probably pick up one for next summer just to try it out. -- A lot of people seem to like the coconut scents, so I'm happy for them about this upcoming scent.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Wen Quick Links - Wen FAQ Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values -- Wen News -- periscope -- wendooters -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- This Weekend Fall Seasonal Trio Plus Special Deal -- Fall Tuscan Pear Eau de PARFUM -- *super-size* double-size this visit -- September Chat 2015 -- 613, BGT & MIF available Sept 19th -- wen 9/18 - 9/22 shows & hits per Dooters --

___ 

Trusted Contributor

I love the idea of a true, light coconut scent......as in, I'm on the beach, toes in the sand, sitting beneath the sea grape trees, crack open a fresh coconut and inhale. Clean, light, delicate, softly sweet coconut......would love that for summer. (Well, technically my man would be the one cracking open the coconut, but that's a whole 'nother story.....)

@sonechko I'm right there with 'ya on the bourbon. I think I had mentioned that a couple of years ago......Fall/winter Bourbon Milk Punch. I loooove vanilla, if it's deep and rich and vanilla, I don't like sweet, sugary vanillas. I want to smell like that, I'll go to the bakery and eat a doughnut 😃

@HappyDaze I agree, we need a Milk and Honey formula, faintly scented, no amino acids, extra moisturizing, available year round!

Honored Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

Most of them sound like scents I would at least try. I love coconut but I really don't care for vanilla scents so that would be a big no for me.

I like the summer scents but really would prefer another summer formula without coconut and don't really like vanilla either.  Although, to me the SCLV is more lime than coconut which I prefer.   

@Susan25 how bad is this- I TOTALLY forgot about SCLV! I was trying to rack my brain what the last summer seasonal was and couldn't think of it. Then when you wrote SCLV, I had to rack my brain trying to remember what it stood for, lol!! yikes.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Woman Happy If you guys are going to go that direction, I'd have to pull and dust out my old and almost forgotten suggestion for a new Seasonal Scent - Fall Honey Bourbon Whisky.

or Spring Margaritas Break, or .... 

oh well, I am already too embarrassed Woman Embarassed

I like the honey bourbon whiskey idea!

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Brdwygurl wrote:

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple
Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere. Smiley Happy

@Brdwygurl thank you so much for sharing this information, keeping us in the loop about the upcoming fragrances, and continuing to share the periscope links. I really appreciate it!!!

Coconut is a tough one for me. The Summer Mango Coconut was fine because it was like a pina colada (which I like), but I didn't really like the Summer Coconut Lime Verbena (SCLV). The scent had a few different things going on (coconut, lime, and verbena) and, to me, it didn't smell as though they blended well together. Some people said that you could hardly smell the coconut, but I could smell it loud and clear (lol, I think I've heard folks say the same thing about my precious Fall Apple Spice (FAS)).

Because I'm really hooked on the Seasonals, I'll probably pick up one for next summer just to try it out. -- A lot of people seem to like the coconut scents, so I'm happy for them about this upcoming scent.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

I wish I could smell the coconut in SMC and SCLV. All I smell in SMC is mango (which I don't mind at all - the scent is great). If I didn't know that there was coconut in the SCLV I wouldn't have been able to tell based on the scent.

I'm fine with another coconut scent. Just keep vanilla out of it! That's one that I wouldn't even consider trying.

Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

I agree. I don't smell any coconut in SCLV at all.