WEN

Super Contributor

Periscope spring summer scent testing

[ Edited ]

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple
Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Periscope spring summer scent testing

@Brdwygurl wrote:

Spring summer scent testing at Wen house.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aMvuijExNjA4OTA4fDFZcEtrT0JEUnB3S2qviF0W-4otztMr0iYaJ3UezW-QJPlkV6-m95ewG...

So Chaz was being very sneaky and careful not to give too much away. They were smelling and testing various combinations for new scents. They were testing scents for spring and summer 2017!

A few of the combinations they talked about

One was definitely: Creamy Coconut, grapefruit, guava.....and a secret scent he wouldn't tell. A few people made chat comments iew to guava. He said don't be afraid of Guava it smells amazing

He also said:
Coconut vanilla
Pineapple
Red grapefruit

Sometimes he just used initials.

Gp, Rg, Pl

I'm thinking RG is red grapefruit. But I don't know about the rest.

ETA:  someone made a comment in chat "please don't get rid of summer honey peach" and Chaz said it's not going anywhere. Smiley Happy

I would love a grapefruit scented formula.  I love citrus scents and still use pink grapefruit body products from the body shop.  I don't believe that you will see any of the summer scents retired since they all appear to be very popular. 

Respected Contributor

Loved listening in on this one. Very excited about him doing a ruby grapefruit. So over coconut though but a lot of people really love it. I think it will take a lot for SHP to get retired. After summer 16 it will just pop up from time to time. I got the hint about pineapple a few days back, but I think he plans to mix it with coconut.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Coconut vanilla......oh, that will be my favorite if that comes out! Love those two ingredients!

Trusted Contributor

Oooooh these sound good! I like all of these smells. Obviously the combination is the key!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OKay, the summer honey peach not going anywhere comment was a dream come true!

I like the idea of creamy coconut, guava CAN smell fantastic and I am sure Chaz would do it right.

No on the grapefruit (everyone knows my disdain for citrus, lol).

Pineapple, hm, I dont know. I love to eat pineapple but not sure I've ever had a pineapple body or hair product. Seems like it could go horribly wrong if not careful.

How fun to hear the ideas!

Milk and honey would make an excellent summer or even Fall scent. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of them sound like scents I would at least try. I love coconut but I really don't care for vanilla scents so that would be a big no for me.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grapefruit! Sign me up! Seriously any of these sound amazing to me!

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

Most of them sound like scents I would at least try. I love coconut but I really don't care for vanilla scents so that would be a big no for me.

I'd have to agree. I don't think that would really go well anyway because creamy coconut paired with a vanilla would almost be competing scents. True coconut scent is fairly light and, as we know, many vanillas can be pretty strong.

Esteemed Contributor

Woman Happy If you guys are going to go that direction, I'd have to pull and dust out my old and almost forgotten suggestion for a new Seasonal Scent - Fall Honey Bourbon Whisky.

or Spring Margaritas Break, or .... 

oh well, I am already too embarrassed Woman Embarassed