WEN

Regular Contributor
I have not tried the Peony Jasmine before, but it was my top pick on the quiz on Chaz’s website. I’m on waitlist for the 32oz CC and UNIBT combo. Two questions:
1. How would you describe the scent?
2. Why is it so much more expensive than other scents? (Not in the gallon, but in other stuff)
Respected Contributor

Hi @Greenqueen, I guess I didn't notice about the difference in cost but the scent is lovely.  I would say, to my nose, it's floral but not harsh, burn your nose floral.  It has rose, jasmine, geranium.  (sorry for bad spelling).  Maybe hydranga.  It's hard to describe but if you don't like the scent, you can always return it.  It's quite popular.  I grabbed the NBT/parfume duo.  I'm sure the other ladies on here can help better than I can!

Respected Contributor

@Greenqueen All I smell with this scent is rose! It's nice, but I tired of the scent very quickly...the formula worked well on my hair, though.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, PPJ  is powdery and rose scented. I purchased this looking forward to the jasmine fragrance. I was disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Peony Jasmine

[ Edited ]

@Greenqueen,

I found it strongly floral, predominantly rose scented. Mixes well with Wen spring seasonals.

-edit: it's a youthful fresh rose, like fresh from the florist's, not the tired old lady rose your grandma wore.

I grow varieties of peony and looked forward to smelling that year 'round.

Unfortunately, I couldn't detect the peony scent in PJP.

After I finished the PJP cc I decided not to reorder right away. (just too much other cc!) But it treats hair more like a Seasonal, and that's a nice combo for $77.

As I recall, the cc had a sort of pearlized appearance.

However, I do love spritzing the RTM on my skin, and its a great scent for spraying on pillows. Love to roll over and smell the PJP!

So if you like rose, you'll love the NIBT on your skin.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:
I have not tried the Peony Jasmine before, but it was my top pick on the quiz on Chaz’s website. I’m on waitlist for the 32oz CC and UNIBT combo. Two questions:
1. How would you describe the scent?
2. Why is it so much more expensive than other scents? (Not in the gallon, but in other stuff)

Hi @Greenqueen! The Jasmine Peony scent is very lovely and one of my most favorite! It is definitely floral, but do not look for Jasmine in it - it is not there! Well, technically it is in the formula, but no one can smell it! I do once in a blue moon and only a very faint scent of Jasmine.

Those, who are not very familiar with a Peony (blooms in early summery for a short time in certain 4-seasons regions), they mistaken Peony scent in this CC for a Rose scent.

Well, the scent is reminiscent of a Rose, but it is not. This is exquisite and sophisticated, gentle, early summer Peony bloom!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenqueen- PJP is the only CC I ever had to return. The scent to my nose, was very strong rose with some powder in the background. Then to smell it all day was just irritating. Even tried mixing with something else and that didn't help either.

I'm ok with most others and if not, I can mix them and lessen the scent. 

Regular Contributor

My PJP waitlist order was cancelled! Booooo! Now I don't get to try it.

It comes back in February, correct?

Valued Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

My PJP waitlist order was cancelled! Booooo! Now I don't get to try it.

It comes back in February, correct?

@Greenqueen Yes, PJP is offered in October and February.