WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Peony Jasmine CC featured price and Chaz's shows

Color me a little CONFUSED also.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I only want a 16 oz (or even 8 oz) because I've sufferred through too many 32 oz seasonals.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Drythe I must have missed something- what are you confused about?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze  How am I confused? Let me count the ways:

* Wonder what the PJP scent is like

* Will PJP be available only in February and October

* Someone mentioned this might be the new way of introducing Seasonals  - if so my current method / sniff first - buy lots of what I love to last until it returns will no longer work.

* Again a mention from someone else - is this a new way of dealing with possible inventory overload

* Again another mention - since there are no new seasonals this year, perhaps they will all be limited release like this as originally intended

* So *gulp* what about SHP, SHL, WVM?

* What is the meaning of life

* I think there might be more, but I'm sleepy

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Also, I wonder just how in the heck did the quote get down here & why?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

* Someone mentioned this might be the new way of introducing Seasonals  - if so my current method / sniff first - buy lots of what I love to last until it returns will no longer work.

* Again a mention from someone else - is this a new way of dealing with possible inventory overload

* Again another mention - since there are no new seasonals this year, perhaps they will all be limited release like this as originally intended

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Drythe I think everyone is reading wayy too much into everything and making alot of assumptions. All we know for sure right now is it is a limited edition CC, available in Feb and again in October for Breast cancer awareness month. Based on how well it does, we may or may not see it back, either permanently or for another period of time. Why many are specutlating this is how he may be doing seasonals now I have no idea since it isn't considered a seasonal (another known, verified fact). Just think of it as a little surprise scent for us to try. I am sure Chaz will explain it all in the shows. I don't get the "inventory overload" comment so can't really comment on that.

Maybe we should all just chill, have a 420 brownie and wait to see what he says and not speculate and get all worried about how it affects the other seasonals, etc. Smiley Happy Just my thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Drythe I think everyone is reading wayy too much into everything and making alot of assumptions. All we know for sure right now is it is a limited edition CC, available in Feb and again in October for Breast cancer awareness month. Based on how well it does, we may or may not see it back, either permanently or for another period of time. Why many are specutlating this is how he may be doing seasonals now I have no idea since it isn't considered a seasonal (another known, verified fact). Just think of it as a little surprise scent for us to try. I am sure Chaz will explain it all in the shows. I don't get the "inventory overload" comment so can't really comment on that.

Maybe we should all just chill, have a 420 brownie and wait to see what he says and not speculate and get all worried about how it affects the other seasonals, etc. Smiley Happy Just my thoughts.

@HappyDaze yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ditto ditto ditto!!!!

IMO some facts are being muddied with opinions....oh well like someone wise once said "...expect the unexpected" Smiley WinkSmiley Wink

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze @Drythe I agree PJP doesn't call anything into question. It is just a limited edition. Nothing more, nothing less. We don't actually know it will be back in October though. Chaz said on Periscope if the sales were good enough it would be. I assume they will be. Also, there are new seasonals in 2016. Chaz has already hinted at doing the photography for Fall 2016. He also was doing scent testing several months ago. There is no reason I can think of to think the intro of seasonals will be any different.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

I am bummed to hear that it is a limited edition. The core selection is missing a true floral. I don't really think of LAV as a floral, since it seems more herbal to me. I guess I had better pick up 2 because I am sure that I will like it.

I need to clear another shelf in the bathroom!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Drythe, lol, and I have no idea why the quote ended up down there either. Smiley Wink It sounds like you're at the end of a long day, and I'm up early just starting my new day. Smiley Happy

I always like to try to figure out what might be happening and I think Chaz enjoys playing along because he's always teasing us with hints. Smiley Wink

In this case, Chaz really has my curiousity peaked because I've really been wanting him to make a jasmine scent, especially after Spring Orange Blossom (with its honeysuckly note) was soooo wenderful. I wish Chaz had made this scent available all year long. But since that isn't the case, I'll need to spend more time figuring out my purchasing strategy. -- I have the feeling that it will stick around because a lot of people like the scent of jasmine but, since it's not available all the time, it leaves me a bit uneasy.

Even though I'm pretty well set with some of my favorite Seasonals that look to be headed for the Wen Vault -- Fall Apple Spice (FAS), Winter Cranberry Mint (WCM) and Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT) -- I personally just don't like not knowing which Seasonals will be retired.

And that's just how I am: I don't like uncertainty because it makes me feel uneasy. lol, so I always try to figure out what may be more likely than not to happen in the future. When I watch a movie, I'll generally have figured out the plot endings in 10-30 minutes... and I'm usually spot on *s*.

What frustrates me most is the sense that QVC (and not Chaz) is behind the uncertainty of if/when with regard to certain Seasonals and gallons. 

All that said Drythe, my guess is that your Summer Honey Peach (SHP), Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) and Spring Honey Lilac (SHL) are pretty well set for this next Seasonal year. SHP is one of Chaz's faves; also, it's the only CC with the 4-honey complex in it (which makes it really moisturizing for the hair) which is why so many people like it. For reasons unbeknownst to me, Wenners just seem to love putting chocolate Andes mints in their hair, so WVM is probably safe (and it was a popular gallon option last summer). And SHL sold out sooo very quickly last spring that that QVC doesn't even know just how much more money they could have made from those sales. -- lol, so I think you can sleep pretty well... unlike folks who have a hankering for FAS, WCM and SGGT. Smiley Wink

And as for the meaning of life.... meditating on it during a home version of a Wen spa day should do the trick... this time of year probably with that Wen Andes mint formula. Enjoy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. After contemplating the meaning of life during a Wen spa day, a good mug of cocoa with a bit of mint is always enjoyable. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Just one more thing?   Why did Wenners have to point out the correct price - several times before it was corrected?  ❓