WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Peony Jasmine CC featured price and Chaz's shows

@sonechko wrote:

Oh @bebe777! I went on the Crusade with total determination, to find me a right Lily of the Valley perfume last year!

I spend countless hours and days looking, only to find out that there are none, or almost none to be made of the level of quality of scent to be true to this flower today!

My research showed me a few vintage ones that were really good at their time, and still are very expensive if found on ebay. I bought a small bottle of vintage C. Dior Diorissimo in EDT, and gave up.

I am so hoping that Chaz would create Lily of the Valley someday!

But I understand, Chaz tends to do fragrances, that he is personally familiar with, and that remind him of his beloved people and places. I think, he is native Southern Californian (?), and chances are does not know, what Wild Lilly of the Valley smells like! And probably, is not attached to it in any way.

This Wild Flower fragrance is unlike anything else in the World! In it's unparalleled Beauty, freshness and level of happiness it brings!

There is nothing like the aroma of a small bouquet of these tender and shy little white "bells" of Spring!

Another thing about the Lily of the Valley Fragrance - it's essense is something super-duper difficult and almost impossible to create in lab, well at least what I learned from my research, this is why there are not actually any good perfume in this scent, available. Not a true Lily of the Valley scent. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me - I'll go and buy it, if it smells true and has good staying power!

@sonechko, thank you for sharing that information about lily of the valley. When I was a girl, there were a few secret areas I knew where lily of the valley grew wild. I used to pick it and bring it home. Unfortunately, over the years, it just sort of vanished which was so sad. I really loved the way that it smelled. 

As I mentioned, my grandmother had a lily of the valley fragrance that I really liked but that was decades ago and I only have a very vague recollection of what it even looked like. I'm hoping that if it bounces it's way around in my brain for a while that I'll be able to access more info about it. 

I haven't done a systematic search for a lily of the valley fragrance like you have, but I haven't liked the ones that I have tried. They all seemed artificial to me. I probably won't spend a lot of time hunting for it since you've already done an exhaustive search. 

What did you think of your vintage Dior Diorissimo? I know that some people really liked it. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly @bebe777! It has to be a wild flower, we kids, knew about a few "secret places" to find some, and also lots of street vendors selling tiny bouquets of Lily of the Valley for 50 cents in May. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

p.s. @bebe777 my vintage Diorissiomo was just okay - a little changed with time, it was a 2/3 of a small bottle, and it was only EDT. I still treasure and hord it!

Honored Contributor

@untitled wrote:

Okay so the scoop on the scope is that the Q asked Chaz to do a special for Valentines Day and being that he is not at the Q for that timing they decided to make it a 'special edition' and item of the month. Not enough time for also a Mother's Day offering so maybe back in Oct depending on response.

oh and also he thought it was shipping today.

@untitled, thanks so much for sharing Chaz's latest periscope information. Smiley Happy

This really helps clarify everything for me. 

On February 1st, QVC was promoting Chaz's Pink Jasmine Peony (PJP) on their website which I thought was strange because I hadn't seen them do this before for a particular CC. -- On one general page there was a special section box which had a photo of the new PJP on it.

That's interesting that QVC asked Chaz to put together a Valentine's special. With all the particulars involved, it does sound as though this is a unique Wen product launch. 

I had actually thought about waiting until October to purchase it, but now it sounds as though October is not a done deal yet. I'm sure that PJP sales will be through the roof and that it probably will be back in October... but since everything is still up in the air, I think I will purchase the PJP this month... lol, just to be on the safe side. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Thanks to all for the responses to my late night questions / worries.

Some of you know I travel lots in my work.  I love to travel!  Doing so happily requires the ability to roll with the waves and adjust to what comes - especially when someone else makes your travel and lodging arrangements.  So, a good deal of letting go the reins.

My personal life includes as much volunteer animal work as I can cram in.  If you've done it you know you have no idea what you might find when you show up - hold on to your heart and do the best you can.  Just now there is a situation worse than any I've ever seen.  The largest companion animal cruelty rescue effort in ASPCA's history.  Heartbreaking, and it is only 45 minutes from my own, safe backyard.  Not that that makes any difference, but some how it's more of a shock - I am devastated.

At any rate, while I don't have to have lots of control with things in my life, WEN is very special to me - one of my relax, take care places, so some of the facts / speculations set my mind to wondering - no doubt to take it off of what I've seen and done the past few days.  In order to do what I like my homelife must be orderly as it's my fall-back safe place.

I did take a moment to call CS this AM regarding the price of the PJP I had ordered and their advice price wise was to cancel them and re-order, which I did.  No doubt they will arrive in time to celebrate the 4th of July!

So, thanks again to all of you for your answers,

I KNOW Chaz has lots and lots of great surprises in store for us!

@Drythe, oh my gosh, my heart goes out to you and those animals. I was a bit surprised by your questions about the PJP because you always seem on the top of your game. Now I understand better because I know how much you love all animals and how devoted you are to helping to care for animals who are being rescued.

You go right into the center of the animal rescue effort and tirelessly work to help care for  as many animals as possible. -- I think the good news is also the bad news here. You can help from your own neighborhood, but this means that you can push yourself to the limit (and beyond).

Drythe, it brings tears to my eyes to even think of the emotional toll that this must be having on you, and the horrors that these helpless animals have been subjected to. 

Chaz brings joy to our lives in so many different ways, and I'm so happy that you were able to order the PJP CC!!! It's a great break from your current reality. Smiley Happy

I have the feeling that you probably won't be posting on the forum much for a while because I know how devoted you are to your animals. If that's the case, hopefully you'll still have a bit of down time to relax and read the Wen forums.

Please know that I'm there with you in spirit.

{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

your friend, bebe Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

I was going to wait till October as well but its very tempting to order it now, since it was intended to be a Valentines deal. The reviews will sway me if they're really good.  Can't imagine he would invent a completely new scent for one month only? Think the sales will have a lot to do if it comes back or not.