WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinion Of WEN Large Boar Bristle Brush

@bebe777 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

On the WWC OTO thread,@Chefgal411, was looking for some feedback on the Wen brushes:

Hi All! I'm happy to report that Chaz FINALLY has a show on my day off - which I'm thoroughly enjoying live from my couch! Hallelujah!!

Anyway, I see the OTO & want to hear from anyone who has used this brush. I'm sceptical of boar/wooden brushes, as they make my hair frizzy. Don't tell Chaz but I prefer the metal ones! I also think the medium is too small for my long hair - I may need the large. I don't want to miss a great value though - what do you Wenners think? Worth a shot?

Thanks! ❤❤❤ 

All feedback is appreciated!! Smiley Happy 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. @Chefgal411, here's the thread on the Wen brushes. 

I am sorry I did not see this post earlier to give an answer in time @bebe777, but next time you'll see an OTO with Chaz Medium Round Brush - get it!

You may do better waivy curls with this size, and most important - you'll be able to achieve a "lift" from your roots better with this size, than with a large.

Hey @sonechko, thanks for replying. I think that @Chefgal411 wound up picking up the OTO in the end. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Gee @bebe777! I STILL did not actually READ that post! I thought it was for you, But I am happy for @Chefgal411 just as well! This is a very good brush. I thought you Bebe decided to finally move away from your desk fan and do a blow dry on your gorgeous long Wen Hair!

I swear, when these posts get too long - I LOOSE it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sonechko, lol, you know the saying, they'd have to pry my wenderful Wen comb out of my... hand... Smiley Wink

Not only is my hair baby fine, but I also don't have a lot of it. I just don't have enough hair to work with a Wen round bristle brush... even the small size. *s* 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

@Brdwygurl wrote:

@CoCo87

I haven't tried the large round brush so I can't speak to that. I love the medium round brush, but because my hair is below my shoulders and wavy I have issues with my hand cramping and numbness because it takes so long. Not to mention the fact that it's very difficult for me to reach the back.

On one of the periscopes they were using a large paddle brush on Benn to straighten his curly hair. Basically turn your head upside down and use the paddle brush to blow your hair flat against your scalp.

I tried it and love the results! Because of the large surface area of the paddle brush, and your scalp it cuts down your below drying time significantly. It's all so much easier to dry and straighten the back of your hair. (I got the conair paddle brush from Amz for just six dollars)

I paddle dry most of the way, then use the round brush to finish for volume and curl. It's my current go to method, and I get the same results as if I had used a round brush the entire time without the hand pain Smiley Happy

If your hair is thin or straight, you may just do just fine with the large brush. Just thought I would mention it as an option, if you've never tried it.

Trying to get a picture of how to do this w/a paddle brush upsde down. Do you section off hair and just do it while your head is upside down?....or you run the brush (keep brushing) through it as you dry it upside down? 

@segrl21 I use this method w/o a brush in the first part.  I just bend over, hold the ends of my hair together with one hand, and move the dryer all around my head drying the roots.  When the roots are basically dry I flip hair over and use the round brush to style for more lift and crown and turn under on ends.  

I use SC & mousse before I start drying. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@segrl21 wrote:

@Brdwygurl wrote:

@CoCo87

I haven't tried the large round brush so I can't speak to that. I love the medium round brush, but because my hair is below my shoulders and wavy I have issues with my hand cramping and numbness because it takes so long. Not to mention the fact that it's very difficult for me to reach the back.

On one of the periscopes they were using a large paddle brush on Benn to straighten his curly hair. Basically turn your head upside down and use the paddle brush to blow your hair flat against your scalp.

I tried it and love the results! Because of the large surface area of the paddle brush, and your scalp it cuts down your below drying time significantly. It's all so much easier to dry and straighten the back of your hair. (I got the conair paddle brush from Amz for just six dollars)

I paddle dry most of the way, then use the round brush to finish for volume and curl. It's my current go to method, and I get the same results as if I had used a round brush the entire time without the hand pain Smiley Happy

If your hair is thin or straight, you may just do just fine with the large brush. Just thought I would mention it as an option, if you've never tried it.

Trying to get a picture of how to do this w/a paddle brush upsde down. Do you section off hair and just do it while your head is upside down?....or you run the brush (keep brushing) through it as you dry it upside down? 

@segrl21 I use this method w/o a brush in the first part.  I just bend over, hold the ends of my hair together with one hand, and move the dryer all around my head drying the roots.  When the roots are basically dry I flip hair over and use the round brush to style for more lift and crown and turn under on ends.  

I use SC & mousse before I start drying. 

I've only used the paddle brush method about x2 so I'm still getting used to it, it gets my hair much straighter than the round brush. Thanks for the tip, I'll use it next time Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually compared my med and large wen brushes to my med and large paul mitchell brushes the mediums are the same.  The large wen brush is between the size of a large and extra large paul mitchell round brush.