WEN

Frequent Contributor

I ordered 5 of the 20 oz A284388 Wen 319 unscented Body Treatments. 

2 of them arrived at my House old and expired since June, 2016. 

Of course I send them back today and want them replaced. I did read lately here that many of you received expired Wen Gallons as well. What is up with QVC sending out old expired Wen products ???. I live in Hawaii and shipping is not cheap for us. And then receiving expired Wen products , thats so frustrading . It does not want me to order anymore Wen products at all from QVC. Aloha.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Old expired WEN products.

@akdld wrote:

Of course I send them back today and want them replaced. I did read lately here that many of you received expired Wen Gallons as well. What is up with QVC sending out old expired Wen products ???. I live in Hawaii and shipping is not cheap for us. And then receiving expired Wen products , thats so frustrading . It does not want me to order anymore Wen products at all from QVC. Aloha.

@akdld it's a shame you didn't post this before you sent them back.  The date on the bottom is when it was manufactured.  I fact I believe it says.....mfg before the date you saw stamped.

Honored Contributor

Aloha @akdld!  @Suebdoo is correct; that is the manufactured date.  The product will last 2 years AFTER opening.  Many of us have many WEN products that are over 2 years old and still perform beautifully.  I am still using my gallon of Summer Mango Coconut from 2 summers ago and it still smells and performs as if I just bought it.  I wouldn't worry so much about the dates on the products.  I've been using WEN for 4 1/2 years and have NEVER had to send any back because of the date.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Although I think the putting the Manufactured Date on beauty products is a GREAT idea, it does cause a moment of panic as we are more accustom to seeing expiration date.

Esteemed Contributor

Such a shame you wasted your time and money sending back perfectly good product @akdld.

WEN is not stamped with an expiration date, which is what WEN's customer service staff would've told you if you'd called them, or emailed customerservice@chazdean.com. 

The date on the packaging is a manufacturing date, so all WEN will be dated for some time in the past.

The product is good for "2 years after opening", and many of us have contaners open considerably longer than that without any product failure.

Trusted Contributor

@akdld wrote:

@akdld, agreed with everyone else. Its a shame that people keep giving out incorrect information and it creates this kind of panic. Im sorry you went through all of that and wish you had posted before returning them all.

This is one of those issues I wish would be cleared up because I have even read this in reviews, which further spreads misinformation.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Such a shame you wasted your time and money sending back perfectly good product @akdld.

WEN is not stamped with an expiration date, which is what WEN's customer service staff would've told you if you'd called them, or emailed customerservice@chazdean.com. 

The date on the packaging is a manufacturing date, so all WEN will be dated for some time in the past.

The product is good for "2 years after opening", and many of us have contaners open considerably longer than that without any product failure.

@x Hedge, you arent kidding I just pulled out a  32 oz FTP that I opened in Fall 2015. I started using some of it and in Fall 2016 I was all about FVWP. So that bottle has sat open for well over a year and it still worked perfectly fine.

#IAmTeamWen
Frequent Contributor

I DID contact customer service BEFORE I send back the Creams. And they DID tell me to send them back. 

And even if it is the date Wen produced the creams, then they are still one year old. 

Who wants to spent money on a cream what cost $69.96 and this times two , $139.92 on an over 1 year old cream ??? Not me. I want as new as possible in everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

@akdld wrote:

I DID contact customer service BEFORE I send back the Creams. And they DID tell me to send them back. 

And even if it is the date Wen produced the creams, then they are still one year old. 

Who wants to spent money on a cream what cost $69.96 and this times two , $139.92 on an over 1 year old cream ??? Not me. I want as new as possible in everything. 

Many of us do. We spend the money.

Okay. If this is your preference and your expectation, then fine, still what you received is NOT "Old expired WEN products".  WEN shelf life is three years and way beyond, and those who use WEN, know not to panic when seeing 2016 manufacturing date.

By-the-way, chances are - customer service person, probably, does not really care deeply, what you do with your order. Especially when they see a customer already being upset and complaining, they try to be accommodating. Yeah, send it back.....

Trusted Contributor

@akdld wrote:

@akdld, part of their "no questions asked" policy is to encourage you to send it back if you are upset over it. Did you plan on giving the creams as gifts? Or do you have a large family? 5 jars of the 20 oz can last one person at least 2 years.

Since many of us stock up at great prices for value shopping, the dates are not an issue. We start counting when we open it. Some arrange by date to use the oldest date first but there is no actual clock as long as its sealed.

There was some inital confusion about the dates but after extensive conversations, investigation and multiple phone calls many of the regulars here have become very familar with the matter. Occasionally someone that hasnt been on the boards much will post a concern about the dates and we attempt to reassure them as well.

Store in a dark, cool area and it will stay protected until you open.

#IAmTeamWen