WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Old expired WEN products.

@akdld wrote:

I DID contact customer service BEFORE I send back the Creams. And they DID tell me to send them back. 

And even if it is the date Wen produced the creams, then they are still one year old. 

Who wants to spent money on a cream what cost $69.96 and this times two , $139.92 on an over 1 year old cream ??? Not me. I want as new as possible in everything. 

Did it sound like this?

>   Hello QVC customer service? I just received some WEN products and according to the dates stamped on the bottom, THEY'RE ALL EXPIRED!

>   Send them back.

I have yet to see a WEN presentation without hearing customers being encouraged to call the number on every product with any question(s) they may have.

Too bad you didn't. I'd prefer to have another happy fellow Wenner posting here than someone who's frustrated and upset. 

Now, as to the manufacturing dates; WEN products are loaded with ingredients that are grown and harvested on Mother Nature's schedule, not yours.

It only follows that batches of products are scheduled for manufacture when fresh ingredients are available.

I don't want batches of product that were made with leftover, inferior, or out of season ingredients, just to push out a batch with a more recent date on the bottom. 

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge That is a great point and never occurred to me. It is absolutely true that there have been times we had to do without because a crop failed or Chaz actually stated he wasn't happy with the quality of what was available. Makes me love this brand even more! 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
New Contributor

We just received KIDS APPLE Conditioning Cleanser-- 2014. FOURTEEN PEOPLE!!!

Super Contributor

This is not okay that a product was manufactured in 2014 and sitting in a warehouse until Sept 2018 and then gets sent out to a customer who has paid good money for it.

My belief here is one of two things:

1. People in the warehouse are not properly rotating products

2. Wen products are not selling as well as we are led to believe (products are always announced as "sold out").

I LOVE Wen products but when I spend this much money on product I want fresh product and I want the clock of expiration to start on my time.

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@akdld wrote:

I DID contact customer service BEFORE I send back the Creams. And they DID tell me to send them back. 

And even if it is the date Wen produced the creams, then they are still one year old. 

Who wants to spent money on a cream what cost $69.96 and this times two , $139.92 on an over 1 year old cream ??? Not me. I want as new as possible in everything. 

@akdld, part of their "no questions asked" policy is to encourage you to send it back if you are upset over it. Did you plan on giving the creams as gifts? Or do you have a large family? 5 jars of the 20 oz can last one person at least 2 years.

Since many of us stock up at great prices for value shopping, the dates are not an issue. We start counting when we open it. Some arrange by date to use the oldest date first but there is no actual clock as long as its sealed.

There was some inital confusion about the dates but after extensive conversations, investigation and multiple phone calls many of the regulars here have become very familar with the matter. Occasionally someone that hasnt been on the boards much will post a concern about the dates and we attempt to reassure them as well.

Store in a dark, cool area and it will stay protected until you open.

Hi @nikki48, I even just open all mine and use which ever one I feel like that morning!  I cycle food and stuff like that but my Wen I just use the one I fancy at the time of use!

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya, this is an old thread, bumped up from July of 2017 by a new poster. Ive already requested mods put it back in the 2017 lineup, where it belongs.

nikki48 stopped posting here at least a year (?) ago.

If you put a 'heart' on the old thread please tap it again to remove the heart. Mods said hearting old posts somehow messes with their system.

thanks