WEN

Esteemed Contributor
I’m just curious how many are still using the oils as well as the tonic? I normally don’t cleanse every day,so I’m having reservations about using the tonic even though I bought it.
Respected Contributor

@ANewHue  I am still using TT oil once a week because I have a significant stash of oil, but I only use it once a week, and use tonic the other nights.  I cleanse every night, since I exercise in the evening and shower before going to bed.  Once I use up all my TT and then seasonal oils, I won't buy more, and will just use the tonic, unless I notice my scalp getting oily again because I am not oiling it.  I don't think that will happen, since I'm not stripping my scalp with shampoo anymore.  I am very pleased with the results of the tonic, and plan to use it the rest of my life.

Respected Contributor

Wow, AnewHue!  I'm so glad you asked that.  I can NOT be without the tonic.  I use it EVERY night.  I mean EVERY night and my hair is PERFECT.  I don't even round brush anymore.  I use a paddle brush while blow drying.  I just kind of brush it while drying and it comes out amazing because of that tonic. 

Some tonics say to not keep in too long but Chaz's, you can keep in till the cows come home!  Now, my hair is VERY oily so I cleanse every day, plus I sweat while sleeping.  If you're scalp is not very oily you can keep it in as long as you want, in fact, the longer, the better. 

I don't use the oils anymore.  Now, that's not to say the oils don't have their place.  They're wonderful for skin softening plus the lovely scent they have.

Honored Contributor

Well, I am probably the most back-and-forth, wishy-washy person when it comes to the tonic. I was all for it at first, then went back to the oils, then gung-ho for the tonic again, and now am back to the Tea Tree oil for good.

It just has to be something in the tonic that is reacting negatively to me. My hair was starting to get sparser after long-term use. It was getting thicker looking/feeling at first, but I was beginning to see areas where my hair was thinning over time.

I am in the middle of remodeliong the master bathroom, so that meant taking everything out of it so the workmen could rip everything else out. As I was cleaning out all the cupboards and drawers, I saw that I had just about 1/5 of a bottle left of the tonic and my auto delivery was coming up. Should I stick with it? Should I dump it?

I dumped it!

I always had excellent, noticeably positive results with the TT oil and I have gone back to it knowing that it is a consistent, reliable product for my scalp.

I am very happy for all the Wenners who are getting the best results they have ever had with a WEN product when they use the tonic, but it's not for me.

I've also had problems with almost all Bella Spirit products after long use.

I've mentioned this before. Any of the rice products are a no-go for me too. When I talked with Chaz about it he said I must be allergic to rice, although I have no trouble eating rice! ha! That was back when I told him the products of his that dry out my hair are the Cleansing Conditioners like Mandarin Italian Fig, Bamboo Green Tea, etc.

Respected Contributor

I love the tonic!....I cleanse every day so no issue there anyway.

I have lots of new hair around my hairline I did not have before.

I will continue to use it unless I see some reason not too.

The scent kind of goes away once it drys, so that part is doable.lol

I don't use alot of the other oils, (mostly because my $ go to CCSmiley Happy

I do like them & if one comes in a set I am more than happy to use it up..Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Well, I am probably the most back-and-forth, wishy-washy person when it comes to the tonic. I was all for it at first, then went back to the oils, then gung-ho for the tonic again, and now am back to the Tea Tree oil for good.

It just has to be something in the tonic that is reacting negatively to me. My hair was starting to get sparser after long-term use. It was getting thicker looking/feeling at first, but I was beginning to see areas where my hair was thinning over time.

I am in the middle of remodeliong the master bathroom, so that meant taking everything out of it so the workmen could rip everything else out. As I was cleaning out all the cupboards and drawers, I saw that I had just about 1/5 of a bottle left of the tonic and my auto delivery was coming up. Should I stick with it? Should I dump it?

I dumped it!

I always had excellent, noticeably positive results with the TT oil and I have gone back to it knowing that it is a consistent, reliable product for my scalp.

I am very happy for all the Wenners who are getting the best results they have ever had with a WEN product when they use the tonic, but it's not for me.

I've also had problems with almost all Bella Spirit products after long use.

I've mentioned this before. Any of the rice products are a no-go for me too. When I talked with Chaz about it he said I must be allergic to rice, although I have no trouble eating rice! ha! That was back when I told him the products of his that dry out my hair are the Cleansing Conditioners like Mandarin Italian Fig, Bamboo Green Tea, etc.

@World Traveler   I've noticed a similar thicker/sparser result.  I haven't dumped my tonic but am back to using the oils more.  Over the years I have had similar experiences with cosmetics that seem great at first but by ninety days seem to be reversing my progress.  That has been somewhat costly but I think it's important to be open-minded and cautious about trying new ideas.  We tried.

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

I love the tonic!....I cleanse every day so no issue there anyway.

I have lots of new hair around my hairline I did not have before.

I will continue to use it unless I see some reason not too.

The scent kind of goes away once it drys, so that part is doable.lol

I don't use alot of the other oils, (mostly because my $ go to CCSmiley Happy

I do like them & if one comes in a set I am more than happy to use it up..Smiley Happy

I have new hair growth too.  I guess it's good for some and some not?  I've been using it since the end of May 2020 every night and only have great results.  At first, when I apply, yes, it's a strong scent, whew!  BUT...it calms down after a while then it seems to kind of dry off.  I just pull it up in a clip and go to bed.  Cleanse next day and my hair is amazing.  I love it too!