WEN

Contributor

I bit the bullet and ordered the insanely expensive hair dryer. I kept thinking about how much WEN I could be ordering instead... However, this dryer is amazing. What used to take 20 minutes of rough blowdrying to get my hair from wet to dry now takes 6-8 depending on the speed/heat combo I am using. I'm trying to find a good reason to return it, but am having trouble ocming up with one! LOL it's great!

Respected Contributor

@HairAddict

congratulations!  Thank you for the review, this dryer sounds like a keeper.

Did you notice less frizz?  Besides the time being very speedy, what did you like that was different from a salon quality dryer?  TIA

Contributor

I had a GHD dryer before this. What I noticed is my hair doesn't feel fried. I workout daily and wash/dry my hair daily. Frizz is definitely decreased and my hair just feels softer/healthier.

Respected Contributor

@HairAddict wrote:

I had a GHD dryer before this. What I noticed is my hair doesn't feel fried. I workout daily and wash/dry my hair daily. Frizz is definitely decreased and my hair just feels softer/healthier.

Agree! I love my Dyson. I too previously was using a GHD for the last year.  Very happy I purchased it, despite hesitation initially due to it's price. The design and how light it is definitely took a few uses to get used to though - so small learning curve I would say (I diffuse daily). Love it.

Honored Contributor

you guys realize you should not be posting these positive reviews?

just kidding  sounds good to me

Super Contributor

Is it quiet?

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

Is it quiet?

Yes, it is quieter.  But, I will say the sound is also different than a normal hair dryer sound.   To me it sounds like a jet engine, meaning like a little higher pitched sound to it, though much quieter, if that makes any sense. I feel bad for my dog. Lol

Valued Contributor

I am happy with my purchase. 

Respected Contributor

Is it just me but "air" does nothing for your hair other than dry it.

It is the shampoo, conditioner, and any other styling products you use, plus those irons that affect your hair.

They want you to believe that your hair will be different, they have to or how else will they be able to sell a hand held motor which costs $400.  You have to believe it, you are trying to justifying it spending that kind of money in your head and it's working.  You want to see something different, there's no difference, it's air.

I am no way knocking Dyson products, I have their expensive fans and the fan/heater but those were purchased for my store so no children put their fingers in a fan.  I like the products, the fan produces moving air and the fan/heater produces heat.  They work for that purpose but there is nothing special about the air.

Respected Contributor

Re: Oh Dyson Hair Dryer

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Is it just me but "air" does nothing for your hair other than dry it.

It is the shampoo, conditioner, and any other styling products you use, plus those irons that affect your hair.

They want you to believe that your hair will be different, they have to or how else will they be able to sell a hand held motor which costs $400.  You have to believe it, you are trying to justifying it spending that kind of money in your head and it's working.  You want to see something different, there's no difference, it's air.

I am no way knocking Dyson products, I have their expensive fans and the fan/heater but those were purchased for my store so no children put their fingers in a fan.  I like the products, the fan produces moving air and the fan/heater produces heat.  They work for that purpose but there is nothing special about the air.

"It's just air". Well thanks for your "rational" and "educational" post on "air".  I will just throw my head in front of a fan to dry my hair from now on. I am sure the final result will rival when I use my hair dryer with diffuser on my wavy/curly/frizzy hair. How silly of me to have been using hair dryers all these years when I could have just relied on the "air" from a fan. 🙄