WEN

Super Contributor

OT have any of you tried the Nu-Face?

I have it, and have not been faithful using it, but think it (or something) is helping.

My real question - what's the deal with the super expensive gel?  I haven't been able to find any research/info on whether it's the actual machine or the get that works.

Do any of you use nu-face with some other get (like aloe) and get results?

Thank you in advance.

Michele

Trusted Contributor

Re: OT have any of you tried the Nu-Face?

@theatrebiz wrote:

I have it, and have not been faithful using it, but think it (or something) is helping.

My real question - what's the deal with the super expensive gel?  I haven't been able to find any research/info on whether it's the actual machine or the get that works.

Thank you in advance.

Michele

DO NOT GIVE UP ... there is a cheaper gel on AMAZON.  I believe I paid $13 (free shipping) for 3 big bottles of gel - they come in containers that look like ketch or mustard - but GEL is in there.  

I will go back and look on my history - good stuff - and get into a routine - I WISH I TOOK BEFORE AND AFTER pictures.  Everyone asks me what is different ... I did not lose weight (in fact I gained ... medication) but it works.  

Set aside time to do this - watching the morning news (that is me) and the time goes quickly.  I do the more intense routine as shown on the brochure.  

Good luck - I will check out Amazon now ...

Trusted Contributor

@theatrebiz wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Michele

@theatrebiz wrote:

Thank you in advance.

Michelle

The product I ordered was:

Special pack of 3 - Aquasonic Gel 8oz each $12.96 - NO SHIPPING OR TAX 

This works - I go through a tube a month - and I swather that stuff on too - my neck, my jawline, my face, my forehead ... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Michele ( @Michele5004), I don't use the the Nu-Face so I can't weigh in here. I just wanted to wish you a happy new year!!! It's good to see you around here!!! Smiley Happy

You might also want to ask this question in the Beauty forum as well. I know that I've read a number of commnets by various posters mentioning that they haven't used the (expensive) particular gels which come with a variety of beauty devises. 

I get the sense that folks have discovered less expensive alternatives in the marketplace. -- I don't use any of these products (though I am curious about some of them) so I can't provide more specific information. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I am thinking of getting the nu face here on QVC with the red light attachment.  There were 8 reviews on the description page and it got an average of 2 stars only!  Most said it just did not work after months of using it and the advanced routine too.  The bad reviews came from older ladies, and they attribute the ineffectiveness to their age, thinking it does not work on older women because it is too late.  So I am 59 and now I am worried that it won't work for me either.  May I ask, are you around my age, or are you young?  Maybe they are right, it just won't work for us older gals.  Thank you!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using the NuFace mini for a month now and am seeing some results.  I'm 66 and had been using the BMR/Strivectin microcurrent for face for several years.  Those results were good for me and I liked the simplicity of use, however the headpiece on both units broke after about two years of use, three times a week.. 

I decided to try the NuFace for better targeting of specific areas.  Because I was already using a microcurrent device I started my NuFace at the highest level and have been using three times a week.  I'm pleased with progress on my jowl area in particular and this unit takes less time.  It does require a lot of gel so I was very happy to find this post here.  The unit also needs to be recharged once a week and that takes a lot of time.  It would be nice if this could be engineered to recharge from a computer and hold the charge for a longer period of time like the Foreo Luna.  That would be great for travel. 

YouTube videos are also helpful if you are thinking about buying NuFace.  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Raising my hand. I have been using the mini for the last 2 years at least. Before that I used the bigger NuFace. That one died after 3 years.

I'm not sure I ever used their gel. Bought 360 Spectra Gel from Amazon. Stays wet a long time and as a result I don't have to use that much so a tube lasts me a really long time and I use mine 4-5 times a week. I'll moisten with water if it seems to get a bit dry but rare.

Some posters use aloe Vera gel but I tried it and don't like it. Find it very drying for my skin...yes, I only used organic, and it dried on my skin quickly and had to keep wetting it making it messy.

All you need is a conductor. 

I'm now 72 so stared at 67. I've had wonderful results and for me they began quickly. Someone mentioned I didn't really get results that it was really the placebo effect. Nope, not for me. I got comments after two uses about how rested I looked. Have never shared with anyone I use it. If I get any compliment, I want it to be unbiased.

Anyway, go onto Amazon to find a gel they use for ultra sounds. You just wash it off anyway.