WEN

Esteemed Contributor

As some of you know I recently went through a little thing with my skin and was totally devastated since I never had any skin problems up until now.   It turned out to be a combination of stress , pet dander and weather /heat. the script products did not help. It's gotten better and I returned to using my Wen products.  i don't use anything else but my Wen. Last year I couldn't use self tanners or anything else during the Summer months for fear it would cause a breakout,  I had seen a scrub on Shark tank and recently decided to give it a try and was  happy when the creator said she created it because she had eczema and other skin problems,  Supposedly this product "cured"  her problems.  I ordered an avocado facial scrub and vanilla body scrub.  They are all natural with some organic ingredients and was so happy to learn they DO NOT test on animals.  They came today and of course I couldn't wait to test them out.  This is a definite find,  it's called simple sugars for anyone who has sensitive skin or would just like to try them.

Honored Contributor

Re: OT: A new find/Happydaze

@ANewHue thank you so much! I always like hearing about new cruelty free brands! I will check them out. Oh and glad to hear your skin issues are under control now. It is so frustrating when our skin (or hair!) gets all whacked out and we can't figure out the reason why!

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ANewHue thank you so much! I always like hearing about new cruelty free brands! I will check them out. Oh and glad to hear your skin issues are under control now. It is so frustrating when our skin (or hair!) gets all whacked out and we can't figure out the reason why!

@HappyDaze Your the first person I thought of.  They have chocolate too, I may just order it tomorrow, they smell wonderful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ANewHue

I'm sorry to hear about your skin issues, and glad to know you are getting better.

This fall my WENDERFUL hair was attacked by my malicious hot water heater!  I can relate to how you felt.  My hair will take a LONG time to grow back out to all the same length again, but I have new growth sprouting up all over.

Love WEN, glad you are back to yours!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe Wth , a hot water heater?  You poor thing I'm sorry to hear about this.  

Honored Contributor

beaches ( @ANewHue ), I'm really glad to hear that your skin (both body and scalp) are on the mend. Smiley Happy

It sounds as though it was a really complex issue to unravel and I'm glad that you were able to identify the various sources. 

I know that Chaz mentions that he cleanses his dogs with Wen once a week, so I was wondering if you had started cleansing them more regularly? 

When you shared the information about your issues last summer, I had thought that it had been a scalp issue exclusively. I hadn't realized that this had also affected your entire body. -- Did you have to stop using the Wen Nourishing Body Lotion (NBL) as well? I'm curious, in particular, because @BethanyB talks about how the NBL and the Treatment Oils actually healed her skin issues when various doctor Rx prescriptions had not worked that well.

I'll really glad that this simple sugars product is giving you great results. Hopefully, Lori will bring it to QVC and you can get it at a better price. Smiley Happy

I hope the new year is treating you well. lol, get ready for 4-8 inches of wenderful snowland tomorrow. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ANewHue

I'm sorry to hear about your skin issues, and glad to know you are getting better.

This fall my WENDERFUL hair was attacked by my malicious hot water heater!  I can relate to how you felt.  My hair will take a LONG time to grow back out to all the same length again, but I have new growth sprouting up all over.

@Drythe, I'm glad that your SuperPowerful Wen is fighting the effects of that dastardly hot water heater. And that's great that your new wenderful hair growth is sprouting up all over. To paraphrase @sailor_moon... 

it's a wenderful world!!! Smiley Happy 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ANewHue

@Drythe that is just so horrible! I wish that there was a way to fix it faster for you. I'm sure you look lovely in the meantime. Hey - if we have shark bite hems why not hairlengths! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 thanks for your kind words,. it never  affected  scalp.  I had breakouts on my face and inner arms,  when it became very severe I ran to the derm which I had never been to one,  she diagnosed it as eczema and gave me medicinal creams and potions which never helped. I was very frustrated that I really couldn't use anything or wear my pretty tops because I love Summer.  Went back to using the NbT ,bcc, and  oils and it improved,  then it would pop out again.  It is probably linked to my autoimmune and the daily stress I endure.  when I did research 

on this product I jumped to order when I heard it solved the creators problems. A key ingredient is emu oil.  I don't think it will be coming to the Q as Mark is the shark t hat bought into it,  I knew it was all natural but I was really happy when I learned also no animal testing.  I'm at the point where I'll try anything because I'm gearing up for the warm weather.   Recently my DD bought me vegan products and the minute I used them it came out, so all natural has really nothing to do with it.

Honored Contributor

beaches ( @ANewHue ), wow, it seems that you've done the best job of taking care of yourself. Congrats on all your hard work!! Smiley Happy I'm glad that you're slowly getting a handle on this. I've heard of emu oil but only in passing. That's a shame that Lori didn't buy it, because she tends to bring her finds to QVC. 

Take care of yourself this weekend with all the snow coming up. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy