WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG!!!! Info for the TSV Sept 5th

@Suz585 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

This is very interesting. It sounds like a great value but if it is a choice of the cores, I'm honestly not sure which one I would pick. I love the TT CC and oil, but I have no desire for a super size RTM in TT. I gave the one I had to my mom to use as mosquito repellant when doing yard work. That is not a scent that I want to run around wearing.

I don't really love the scent of any of the cores. That's not as big a deal for CC and oil as it is for RTM, at least for me. It would be awesome if the RTM was 613.

Yes, I agree. Just because you like the CC doesn't necessarily mean you like the scent of the other products in the set. I love the scent of the POM CC but I want nothing to do with the oil. It was way too sweet for me. I just bought the Home and Away oil duo in Fig Sweet Orange so I wouldn't really want another 4 oz. of Fig oil. I guess at this point if I were to buy the TSV I'm leaning towards SAM but I already have two or three bottles of SAM styling creme. Conclusion: I should just say "no" but can I? Cat LOL

I can't say no. I know I can't. And I'm ok with it because I know I've got A LOT of support from the WEN-addicts / WEN-anonymous peeps! Lol

That is very true. No one is going to judge you for buying more Wen! Cat LOL

Frequent Contributor

Oops, sorry I just deleted it... Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Suz585 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

This is very interesting. It sounds like a great value but if it is a choice of the cores, I'm honestly not sure which one I would pick. I love the TT CC and oil, but I have no desire for a super size RTM in TT. I gave the one I had to my mom to use as mosquito repellant when doing yard work. That is not a scent that I want to run around wearing.

I don't really love the scent of any of the cores. That's not as big a deal for CC and oil as it is for RTM, at least for me. It would be awesome if the RTM was 613.

Yes, I agree. Just because you like the CC doesn't necessarily mean you like the scent of the other products in the set. I love the scent of the POM CC but I want nothing to do with the oil. It was way too sweet for me. I just bought the Home and Away oil duo in Fig Sweet Orange so I wouldn't really want another 4 oz. of Fig oil. I guess at this point if I were to buy the TSV I'm leaning towards SAM but I already have two or three bottles of SAM styling creme. Conclusion: I should just say "no" but can I? Cat LOL

I can't say no. I know I can't. And I'm ok with it because I know I've got A LOT of support from the WEN-addicts / WEN-anonymous peeps! Lol

That is very true. No one is going to judge you for buying more Wen! Cat LOL

That's for sure!  Not here anyway

Honored Contributor

I'm listening to Chaz's periscope feed titled: Should I keep this look?

He's spilling bits and pieces of info about the TSV. -- This periscope feed is going to expire soon. SO if you want to watch it just google "Chaz Dean" and twitter. That should get you to his twitter page which will have a link to this video feed. 

From what I've heard it sounds as though the September 5th Wen Fall TSV will be: 

* 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner 

* 4oz. Treatment Oil 

* 12oz. Replenishing Treatment MIst (the "supersize" that Chaz said Wenners have been asking for) 

* 6oz. Styling Creme

TSV price: $59 

From what Chaz has said, it sounds as though it will be available in all of the Classis (Core) scents: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA), and Pomegranate (POM). 

Someone asked if the TSV would be available in TT, POM and LAV. Chaz replied by saying that it would even be available in CA because some people really wanted the CA option. He said there wasn't much CA, so be sure to order it early.

My sense is that if CA is being included in the mix, then all the other Classic CCs will also be offered and that probably this TSV will be exclusively for the Wen Classics line.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks ANewHue!
**Suz**
Valued Contributor

Thanks HSB1204!
**Suz**
Trusted Contributor

I am so happy about this TSV! 12 oz. RTM !! WooHoo!

Thank you so much to the WEN team for such a amazing TSV , what a value.

The hard part is choosing which scent. I will be getting at least 2! LOVE the 12 oz. RTM!

This post made my day. Thank you all for the information.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprimo wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

aprimo, 

* 32oz TT Cleansing Conditioner -- $49.50 

* 4oz TT Treatment Oil -- $54.50

* 6oz TT Styling Creme -- around $22 

so far that's adding up to around $126....

* throw in mom's crazy good TT bug spray

and you get it all for $59 (less than half off... plus the killer bug spray)...

Priceless!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Haha! Excellent point bebe! Smiley Happy

This is such a good deal that I don't know if I'll be able to pass it up. I'm leaning toward the POM. I already have TT SC that I really don't use and I already have an almost embarassing stockpile of TT oil. I plan to buy another gallon of TT CC if Chaz has the BF sale again (I should run out by then). My hair likes POM, so I will use it eventually. Maybe I will do some more mixology experiments with all the POM products. Could be fun!

aprimo,

I have the TT cleanser, oil, and treatment mist. Use them religiously because of my fine, thin hair. Yes, the smell is not the best and can attest to the fact that tea tree in general is great at warding off mosquitos. I use Australian tea tree oil on my face, arms, and legs when I'm in the Amazon (and any other place where mosquitos are prevelant). Everyone else is battling the bugs but me. However, no one wants to stand next to me! ha! Haven't been back to that place since starting with WEN this past June, but if I go again it will be interesting to see if it works as well as the Australian version for keeping bugs away.

When I am home I do use the TT mist throughout the day and find it doesn't linger that long. Since I know it is good for my particular hair/scalp situation, I just do it. Haven't tried the stying cream, so am anxious to get the four-pack if they do it in TT. Having said all that, I confess that when I want to use a treatment mist throughout the day at work, I pull out the one I have in pomegranate, just in case someone has a sensitive nose. 

Super Contributor

This is a tough one, only because two core scents are nourishing enough for my stubborn thick/somewhat coarse hair that's between wavy and curly and tends to frizz easily, and even then TT needs some Fig help.  I've alternated between Fig and TT for every delivery, plus haven't finished most of the seasonals (didn't get the last three but the second year they were 32 oz and I need to add FIg to most of them).  I may get one of each.  I'll likely go with Fig.  Any advice on how the oil smells?

I may get TT too since I'll at least use the majority of it at home, plus I'm about out of the old oil and have an alopecia bald patch in the front of my hair (I've had it before so I know for sure that's what it is, thank goodness it's not my whole head this time!) and the hair comes in stronger when using oil in the area.  The TT oil would likely be good for my asthma with the ingredients! Plain TT from TJs has saved me from a bad attack before! I have a feeling TT is going to go fast, simply because of the breakdown done here!!!

For the person who is going to try Lavender and is a Fig gal, if your hair is like mine, it may not be nourishing enough.  I thought it sounded like it would be and actually bought a gallon of it, and two years later I'm still working on it as it's drying for me.  I wish it wasn't as I love the scent! Each of us is different so you may be fine, I just know for being a Fig gal only TT, Orange Blossom seasonal, and 613 used occassionally are ones I can use without adding the above.  Winter vanilla mint is up there too. Stinks with how many awesome scents are out now that smell amazing that I can't use or need to add CC's that ruin the scent of the ones I can't use alone. 

Trusted Contributor

@Katmary wrote:

This is a tough one, only because two core scents are nourishing enough for my stubborn thick/somewhat coarse hair that's between wavy and curly and tends to frizz easily, and even then TT needs some Fig help.  I've alternated between Fig and TT for every delivery, plus haven't finished most of the seasonals (didn't get the last three but the second year they were 32 oz and I need to add FIg to most of them).  I may get one of each.  I'll likely go with Fig.  Any advice on how the oil smells?

I may get TT too since I'll at least use the majority of it at home, plus I'm about out of the old oil and have an alopecia bald patch in the front of my hair (I've had it before so I know for sure that's what it is, thank goodness it's not my whole head this time!) and the hair comes in stronger when using oil in the area.  The TT oil would likely be good for my asthma with the ingredients! Plain TT from TJs has saved me from a bad attack before! I have a feeling TT is going to go fast, simply because of the breakdown done here!!!

For the person who is going to try Lavender and is a Fig gal, if your hair is like mine, it may not be nourishing enough.  I thought it sounded like it would be and actually bought a gallon of it, and two years later I'm still working on it as it's drying for me.  I wish it wasn't as I love the scent! Each of us is different so you may be fine, I just know for being a Fig gal only TT, Orange Blossom seasonal, and 613 used occassionally are ones I can use without adding the above.  Winter vanilla mint is up there too. Stinks with how many awesome scents are out now that smell amazing that I can't use or need to add CC's that ruin the scent of the ones I can't use alone. 

I love the Fig/Sweet Orange oil, it's my favorite in the core scents. I love TT oil because it keeps my scalp happy, but the Fig oil is the best-smelling, to me. I've never used Fig CC, so I can't compare the smell of the oil to it. To me, the sweet orange oil balances out the earthiness of the Fig, it's a really pleasant fragrance. And, it doesn't contain any mint, so it's not stimulating when I use it overnight.