WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: O\T Unusual beauty hacks inspired by Dr. Oz

@2blonde wrote:

Eek!  I wish you had added a spoiler alert so I could have put down the cookie I was eating before reading your post!

Sorry about that, but I did say they were unusual. Hmm, maybe I should have said unusually gross.Cat Surprised

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

Ok here is one that mom created ...kids got dirty faces and no acess to water...spit on your hand and smear it on the offending dirty face and rub clean and dry.

My mom did the same thing with my siblings and me. 

Respected Contributor

@sailor_moonEwww, gross Dr. Oz!...well...good advice for the woman going on or on "Survivor" program, too bad they can't use a micro-pedi or have a make up brush to swirl into the natural dead skin cells for a oily nose, chin and forehead touchup!

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@sailor_moonEwww, gross Dr. Oz!...well...good advice for the woman going on or on "Survivor" program, too bad they can't use a micro-pedi or have a make up brush to swirl into the natural dead skin cells for a oily nose, chin and forehead touchup!

You make that stuff out of twigs and rocks.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

This tip from Dr. Oz is the inspiration for this thread: to moisturize dry lips, rub your finger on the side of your nose, and smooth onto your dry lips. Be sure to rub your finger on the outside of your nose, not the inside (unless what's in your nose is dried and crusty, in which case you can use that as a lip scrub).Smiley Happy

Earwax can be used to tame unruly eyebrows and you can use it to control frizzy hair.Smiley Happy

Don't have your favorite face powder on hand? No problem...after using your micro-pedi, dip a big fluffy brush into your foot shavings and gently sweep the brush all over your face...remember a little goes a long way.Smiley Happy

Anyone else have some unusual beauty hacks to share? I would love to hear them and I bet others would, too.

What if you have foot fungus?    Wouldn't that spread to your face?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@AKgirl2,  They could use a coconut in place of a micro-pedi and make a face brush using palm fronds.🌴

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@sailor_moon wrote:

This tip from Dr. Oz is the inspiration for this thread: to moisturize dry lips, rub your finger on the side of your nose, and smooth onto your dry lips. Be sure to rub your finger on the outside of your nose, not the inside (unless what's in your nose is dried and crusty, in which case you can use that as a lip scrub).Smiley Happy

Earwax can be used to tame unruly eyebrows and you can use it to control frizzy hair.Smiley Happy

Don't have your favorite face powder on hand? No problem...after using your micro-pedi, dip a big fluffy brush into your foot shavings and gently sweep the brush all over your face...remember a little goes a long way.Smiley Happy

Anyone else have some unusual beauty hacks to share? I would love to hear them and I bet others would, too.

What if you have foot fungus?    Wouldn't that spread to your face?

It would no longer be a foot fungus, it would be a face fungus... speaking of fungus, mushrooms are fungi and some have antioxidant properties, so I wonder🤔....????

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko

I do recall even by far more gross recommendations and actually used by some methods...... But afraid of the reaction by some..... Urine therapy comes to mind, externally, and believe it or not - internally too. Not a joke, but actual "theory" and even worth - practice!  I know of even grosser examples, but would not even dare to mention.

Thank you for not mentioning them . . . I can only imagine lol Smiley Tongue

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the great laughs from the posters that replied. I have tears in my eyes...Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sailor_moon wrote:

@dex wrote:

@sailor_moon I think you made that up...it is just too gross...yuck,yuck and more yuck.

@dex,  

Dr. Oz  not only offered that particular tip, he demonstrated it, on air. Apparently, it's just as effective as lip balm. 

@sailor_moon and @dex, lol, I saw that episode months ago... and, from what I remember (cause I tried to blot it out) that's the way it happened. Smiley Happy

The Dr. Oz Show is generally must see TV for me... but I could have... and should have... skipped that segment. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy